VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 Part 1] [V19]

4.00 star(s) 77 Votes

Suiko

Jun 7, 2017
MC: It seems we have visitors. I sure hope it isn't Joanna.
Me: Who is Joanna?
Joanna: Hello, it's me, Joanna!
Me: Who the heck are you?
Daughter: I'm smoking!
Me: Didn't you just say 5 minutes ago that you didn't smoke nor drink? Also, who the fuck is Joanna?!
Joanna: Now it's time for me to go and never again appear for the remaining chapters!
Me: ... (Options > Skip Unread Text > Hold CTRL until a sex scene happens) Look, when in Rome do as the Romans: if the developer doesn't give a shit about the narrative of their own game, so will I.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
I loved this game Kailey is so cute the problem will be the wife by the way :HideThePain:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
There is a lot great about her. She's just a sick person who needs help and every time she is drowning her husband throws her an anchor instead of a life preserver.
Did i forget anything ? I can only remember one time, in the last update, where he didn't stop her from drinking and even if he would have said 'no', we don't know if she wouldn't have drunk behind his back.
Also her best friend was the one she had a drinking and drug party iirc.

If she want's to stop drinking she needs to want it for herself and a therapy/group therapy for substance abuse would be the way to go, the life partner is no replacement for that (and i don't think the MC has any clue of how to correctly deal with it either), so no point in putting blame on him for that.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
and i don't think the MC has any clue of how to correctly deal with it either), so no point in putting blame on him for that.
Those are good points, but I think misses the issue a little. I think what most of us are objecting to is the lack of player agency. We don't get to make a choice at a point in the story that we feel is important. Whether the wife actually follows through on what they would have agreed on or not isn't the point, nor is the MC's fitness to help her.
If we had the choice to say yes or no to her, we would have been allowed to shape the MC and story a little more how we want them.
All IMO of course, I'm sure others will see it differently.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Those are good points, but I think misses the issue a little. I think what most of us are objecting to is the lack of player agency. We don't get to make a choice at a point in the story that we feel is important. Whether the wife actually follows through on what they would have agreed on or not isn't the point, nor is the MC's fitness to help her.
If we had the choice to say yes or no to her, we would have been allowed to shape the MC and story a little more how we want them.
All IMO of course, I'm sure others will see it differently.
I agree with you on that part completely, i too wish for more choices, especially regarding of how to deal the wife.

Reactions: Jarulf

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
After reading a lot of this thread, I don't think the game is for me. Not having enough choices, especially in regards to the wife, isn't a good thing. I'm also not a huge fan of blondes and it seems to me that the main LI, is this blonde who is supposedly our daughter. I'll continue watching this in hopes that the dev gives more options with the wife. But this "What blonde daughter wants, blonde daughter gets." is a bit too much.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
After reading a lot of this thread, I don't think the game is for me. Not having enough choices,
For what it's worth, I am enjoying the game so far, enough to buy it on Steam actually. It's not perfect, a few more meaningful choices would be good. Perhaps the Dev doesn't want to juggle too many paths in their first game, keeping things simple.

I'm having the MC try to save his marriage (as far as choices allow, i.e no side girls). The renders are good, the women attractive and the story interesting so far.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
If you're an alcoholic you can't just stop drinking. The cold turkey could kill you. The best thing the MC can do for his wife if to seek professional help.

Reactions: Yngling

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
If you're an alcoholic you can't just stop drinking. The cold turkey could kill you. The best thing the MC can do for his wife if to seek professional help.
Especially if she's trying so hard to conceive.

Alcohol and pregnancy don't mix. At all.

If they are serious about wanting children (and they seem to have already put a large amount of time and money into it) then they should definitely fix the alcohol problem.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Especially if she's trying so hard to conceive.

Alcohol and pregnancy don't mix. At all.

If they are serious about wanting children (and they seem to have already put a large amount of time and money into it) then they should definitely fix the alcohol problem.
True (same for alcohol and medication), but at the end of the day it's up to the wife. The MC or someone else telling her to change/stop drinking isn't gonna work, maybe not even her wish for a baby, she needs to want it for herself.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
why? she has a great ass
She is a woman full of problems and if I have to choose between her and her daughter, of course I will choose Kailey even if this is sad, the real thing is that she needs it help not only from Mc

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
She is a woman full of problems and if I have to choose between her and her daughter, of course I will choose Kailey even if this is sad, the real thing is that she needs it help not only from Mc
Fair enough. Hope we not have to choose

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
For what it's worth, I am enjoying the game so far, enough to buy it on Steam actually. It's not perfect, a few more meaningful choices would be good. Perhaps the Dev doesn't want to juggle too many paths in their first game, keeping things simple.

I'm having the MC try to save his marriage (as far as choices allow, i.e no side girls). The renders are good, the women attractive and the story interesting so far.
Well, maybe the dev cut out some of the choices with the maybe daughter and give the wife more choices. But as I said, according to everything I've read, the possible daughter is the main LI.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Did i forget anything ? I can only remember one time, in the last update, where he didn't stop her from drinking and even if he would have said 'no', we don't know if she wouldn't have drunk behind his back.
Also her best friend was the one she had a drinking and drug party iirc.

If she want's to stop drinking she needs to want it for herself and a therapy/group therapy for substance abuse would be the way to go, the life partner is no replacement for that (and i don't think the MC has any clue of how to correctly deal with it either), so no point in putting blame on him for that.
I don't think that I need to enumerate the ways that the MC has done battle damage to his relationship with his wife. A lot of posters have unpacked that already. A number are already upset that we don't really have a choice in many instances or that he has canonically been a serial cheater. But I think that the most harmful part of their dynamic is his enabling her. His not being a good husband only compounds this as he is constantly thinking that he has no right to deny her love affair with alcohol because he is doing the same thing with women. This is the trap of codependency. He tells her it is alright with him, so it must be alright in general, right? When it goes too far, he internalizes it as a result of his actions instead of recognizing that she has a disease and needs medical treatment. When I heard that he was taking her to the doctor I had a small moment of hope until I realized that it was for fertility treatments and not substance abuse treatment and I facepalmed so hard. It isn't a matter of blaming him, just recognizing that he is not part of the solution and therefore part of the problem. I agree that her establishing a relationship with a treatment program is far more important than saving her relationship with her husband. On an unrelated note, the idea of trying to bring a child into this unhealthy dynamic is madness.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I don't think that I need to enumerate the ways that the MC has done battle damage to his relationship with his wife. A lot of posters have unpacked that already. A number are already upset that we don't really have a choice in many instances or that he has canonically been a serial cheater. But I think that the most harmful part of their dynamic is his enabling her. His not being a good husband only compounds this as he is constantly thinking that he has no right to deny her love affair with alcohol because he is doing the same thing with women. This is the trap of codependency. He tells her it is alright with him, so it must be alright in general, right? When it goes too far, he internalizes it as a result of his actions instead of recognizing that she has a disease and needs medical treatment. When I heard that he was taking her to the doctor I had a small moment of hope until I realized that it was for fertility treatments and not substance abuse treatment and I facepalmed so hard. It isn't a matter of blaming him, just recognizing that he is not part of the solution and therefore part of the problem. I agree that her establishing a relationship with a treatment program is far more important than saving her relationship with her husband. On an unrelated note, the idea of trying to bring a child into this unhealthy dynamic is madness.
Could be, or he doesn't realize that she's a addict or what does that entail and views one more bottle of alcohol as not so bad, after all he also had a alcohol problem and could ''simply'' quit (well more like change from getting his fix from alcohol to sex).
And as bad as he is for his wife, she is and was over the years just as bad for him, driving him further away and into cheating, his way of dealing with their problems, it's really not like that she was a much better partner than he was.

But yeah those two are really not good for each other, at least not in their current situation.
Why the hell they would try for a kid when she has an alcohol problem, which both are fully aware off, as well as their releationship problems is beyond me.
I can only only see that backfire spectacularly, and will serve as either a wake up call to fix their problems, or as an break up.

4.00 star(s) 77 Votes