VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 Part 1] [V19]

4.00 star(s) 78 Votes

Mr_Grim77

Feb 28, 2022
Gotta say, The game was good for about the first 2 chapters, then the story just started feeling short and dull and completely forced. The "incest" drama is way overplayed. Your choices have absolutely no impact on the story at all. The chapters are far too short and seem rushed just to release regular content that is subpar at best. But the renders are good. So that is the only thing going good for this game, the story however, is just trash.

RadtheMan

Aug 5, 2019
Excellent visuals and a lot of the story is quite decent, but there's a lot that doesn't make much sense. I didn't get the feeling from the earlier chapters that the wife even wanted to be a mother, then it turns out she's getting fertility treatment? The slutty co-worker offers to be the confidante for dad and daughter, but when they get on the rocks she's not mentioned?

Plus there's at least two separate occasions where you're presented with three 'paths' to take and they all seem to lead the same way. If those are supposed to be meaningful, we should see it.

I'm sticking with it, but I'm less impressed than I could be.

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Saw this on Steam and wishlisted it...correct me if I'm wrong, but from perusing reviews and the forums a bit, am I getting the gist of the current state of the game correctly?

Basically, story has lots of potential, and starts well, but a lack of meaningful choices, and having certain things forced on to you despite you're choices (like not wanting to be with the irritating wife, etc. per reviews) derails it along with a lack of proper relationship development between the dad and daughter prior to potential intimacy occurring?

Sounds like some of these things could probably be fixed if the dev is inclined to do any re-writes, etc. Does the dev engage here at all?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Saw this on Steam and wishlisted it...correct me if I'm wrong, but from perusing reviews and the forums a bit, am I getting the gist of the current state of the game correctly?

Basically, story has lots of potential, and starts well, but a lack of meaningful choices, and having certain things forced on to you despite you're choices (like not wanting to be with the irritating wife, etc. per reviews) derails it along with a lack of proper relationship development between the dad and daughter prior to potential intimacy occurring?

Sounds like some of these things could probably be fixed if the dev is inclined to do any re-writes, etc. Does the dev engage here at all?
Sometimes he posts here, but not often, he moved it to Steam since Itch.io started cutting off payments to a lot of lewd devs.

I got a Steam key only because I bought it on Itch.io long ago.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Razrback16

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020

It's a game with a story to tell.

The MC is not a clean slate but a person with a history of his own.

That approach has good and bad points but it is what it is.

In this case, the total effect works for me.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022

It's too early to judge on the lack of meaningful choices I think. Besides, people complain about not being able to dump the wife or to turn down Kayley, but the way I see it that's like complaining that you can't play Sherlock Holmes and not get Watson involved or not being able to avoid conflict with Moriarty.

Jan 16, 2023
It's too early to judge on the lack of meaningful choices I think. Besides, people complain about not being able to dump the wife or to turn down Kayley, but the way I see it that's like complaining that you can't play Sherlock Holmes and not get Watson involved or not being able to avoid conflict with Moriarty.
You do have a point, but this game suffers from a common problem in AVNs. Many times, the protagonist has to be a perfect outstanding guy, never getting mad, always forgiving and trying his best, while the spouse or LI can make as many mistakes as she wants since she will be forgiven either way. Leaving you feeling close to what unrequited love feels like or what it actually is, a one-sided, toxic relationship where only you are putting in the effort. You know, the typical relationship where your friends would advise you to do what is best for you and not let others drag you down.

At the very least, there should be choices to get angry, lash out, and not be a robotic NPC. The choices should allow you to react like a real human being, even if the consequences are dire.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
You do have a point, but this game suffers from a common problem in AVNs. Many times, the protagonist has to be a perfect outstanding guy, never getting mad, always forgiving and trying his best, while the spouse or LI can make as many mistakes as she wants since she will be forgiven either way. Leaving you feeling close to what unrequited love feels like or what it actually is, a one-sided, toxic relationship where only you are putting in the effort. You know, the typical relationship where your friends would advise you to do what is best for you and not let others drag you down.

At the very least, there should be choices to get angry, lash out, and not be a robotic NPC. The choices should allow you to react like a real human being, even if the consequences are dire.
I agree with this - even in AVNs I will reject LIs if they act consistently ridiculous / are disrespectful to the MC when he is being a decent human being toward them. I don't tolerate that kind of nonsense IRL and most certainly won't tolerate it in a video game. I'd love to see games give the player more options in terms of how to handle situations and, as you noted, provide solid branching to how the story adjusts depending on said choices. It's stuff like that which can impact not only whether a relationship continues, but the state of it - simpy, wimpy choices where the guy lets the girl walk all over him will usually lead to a toxic relationship that doesn't last, but choices where the guy stands up for himself and sets proper boundaries and ground rules that are properly maintained will lead to a better relationship in my experience, or you rule the girl out as a good option and kick her to the curb.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I think it would be wild if this game would take a dark turn and the daughter starts to plan on how to remove Justine from the picture to just have the MC to herself the whole time. Not that I think it would go that way, but it'd be a hilarious out of left pocket twist.
I still think that Kailey is the key for MC's marriage with Justine. And I believe too that Justine is very important for the story dev tries to tell us... Never forget; that's always being developers story, we can change few, usually minor, things, but story is his.
Even if developer let us to divorce Justine, that will probably not be before last update. It's important for the story to flow in one direction.

Reactions: OhGodNotAgain

faramata

Mar 13, 2022

Maybe that's how the character is supposed to be? Although I doubt it, he also seems to be supposed to have a dominant, asshole-ish streak in him. Maybe he's only like that with his wife, or maybe he'll get angry at her later. "You are fucking K! - Yeah well you were a drunk constantly critical bitch, what did you think would happen?"

Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Maybe that's how the character is supposed to be? Although I doubt it, he also seems to be supposed to have a dominant, asshole-ish streak in him. Maybe he's only like that with his wife, or maybe he'll get angry at her later. "You are fucking K! - Yeah well you were a drunk constantly critical bitch, what did you think would happen?"
Agree. MC has to be how dev created him, not how we would like him. If he was conceived as a cheating asshole, he will be a cheating asshole. We see how his wife acts, she knows that he cheat, but she also knows that she isn't totally blameless for that.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I think it would be wild if this game would take a dark turn and the daughter starts to plan on how to remove Justine from the picture to just have the MC to herself the whole time. Not that I think it would go that way, but it'd be a hilarious out of left pocket twist.
I just hope they keep the "action under her radar" and don't go the happy silly harem route. I absolutely hate when they go "ohh you are fucking your daughter? nice.. can I join?". What is the fun on that?

Jan 16, 2023
It doesn't matter how he's supposed to be, as long as he acts like a real human being. No real person has infinite patience like most MCs these days.

Reactions: earthfire

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I just hope they keep the "action under her radar" and don't go the happy silly harem route. I absolutely hate when they go "ohh you are fucking your daughter? nice.. can I join?". What is the fun on that?
I mean fucking your daughter is sex cult territory already. Not the same as let's say College Harem, most college girls won't share their bf.

4.00 star(s) 78 Votes