VN Ren'Py Abandoned Lost Family [v0.04 Final] [Gibby]

1.70 star(s) 10 Votes
Sep 1, 2018
So all choices leads to the death of the MC??? What is this? Also really incoherent plot so far. Nothing makes sense. Roof is collapsing, much dialogue while the MC remains in place. Then wakes up with a sofa conveniently halfway on another sofa, in a way that shelters the MC. With no parts of the roof to be seen anywhere. Then he goes into the kitchen, and comments that the "kitchen is WRECKED". but only a couple of things have fallen to the side, and everything would look perfect with some tidying.

Then everything gets less sensible when the MC jumps down from a balcony, and sees the woman in distress.
I can't even be bothered to explain it. This games have pretty much NO promise.

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
What 3 has 2b in it o.0? is this an update or another lie of an update.. this could be so goood..

Reactions: x7CB

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
This game is a prime example of sub-par writing ruining what could have been a great game. I like the post-apocalyptic setting. The graphics are nice, but I can't really believe several of the characters are acting in a way that real humans may act in such a situation. I am going to make a list of grievances.

1) Un-crunched file size is a staggering 2.3 GB. One thinks that this means "a lot of content", but in reality, it is just "very large pictures". This is a letdown. Not a whole lot of content there. Only 287 total images in the game. That is about 8 Megabytes per image. That is over 4 times the memory size of a regular good quality high rez photo. Very high rez for no good reason.

highrezphoto.jpg

To put just how much of a waste an 8MB image is I have included this high rez photo. This high rez actual photograph is only 1.4 MB. It's 1998 x 3000 pixels. The average photo in this game should not be over 5 times bigger than this image file size. No, just no...

2) Many of the choices are seemingly inconsequential. They are Choices that go "A then B" or "B then A". You do both A & B and you only pick the order of seeing them and it makes no difference at all. Other choices are like "A = Object to B, but then do B anyways."

3) Beatrix appears to me to be the eldest female in the home. Yet she is one of the daughters. That is the model that should have been used for the mom, but I can forgive this one if the writing is good.

4) There is a 3,3,3 violation. A human can last 3 weeks without food, 3 days without water, or 3 minutes without air. The main character goes 4 days without water or food unconscious then just comes out of it as if he were napping for 20 minutes.

5) Beatrix is not a believable character. Atomic bombs are going off... let's paddle the pink canoe instead of being ready to rush to the shelter or bunker down.

6) The main character was rambling to himself about how much he wants to survive in a post-apocalyptic situation like 15 minutes before he is actually in one. It's a poor attempt of foreshadowing. Way to spot on.

7) Rapist guy / Boss smiles happily when he is punched in the face as if his face got hit by a big old titty down at the strip club.

8) In spite of the massive image size a lot of the times photos are eronious. Example 1: The bowl that drops has a spoon in it that is apparently glued inside the bowl and no food was spilled on the floor at all. Example 2: Dude gets injected with a needle, no needle shown... Example 3: Dude gets shot no blood or anything shown... Example 4: Ceiling comes crashing down, but the house don't look that wrecked... Dude ends under upside down furniture not rubble. I'm sure there are several others like Example 5: Atomic bombs go off we see no mushroom clouds...

9) Civilization would not collapse so fast in 4 days. I'm sure there may be some crazies out there, but 4 days in is way too quick for things to go downhill so fast. People are acting like it's 4 months in not 4 days in. I mean at least a month... There is a progression there. The story would make more sense if he got trapped in the house for like three of four weeks. Twisted his ankle... Baraked things up... Ran out of food... Gotta go out. Was the guy in a coma 4 days or what? How can he even be walking around with no food and water in four days?

10) Only 1 sex scene... Not even a full sex scene guy don't even cum.

The game does have some nice features though. Get a nice shot of mums and the sisters asses right in the opening. Those are gone though. Aint gonna see any of them for a long long time if this game continues. Because the game is called "Lost Family". They are lost... If they found the game is over or soon there after.

herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
Needs a lot of work, I really want to like it, I mean, I really do (I am not even sure why, but for some unknown reason I want to) I am going to ignore this one for a couple of months, maybe more, then take another look and if its still the same way, G'Bye for good.

Stakos

Jun 24, 2017
Well... It takes a special kind of idiot to create a game like that. Really, I don't like calling names but how on earth someone woke up and thought that this was a good idea. This game has everything that makes a bad game. It's actually linear, most of the choices given lead to death, and the story is obscure and makes no actual sense. For example, if you choose to shot the boss Dana laughs and you end up killing her too but if you choose not to then you find out that he is her husband, so why is she laughing if you kill him? It makes no sense of course. Also I get that the mc can be angry enough to kill the boss but killing the woman just because she laughs at him? Really? And don't get me started on the stupid dialogue, the nonsensical way the woman pleads for the boss's life, the idiotic way that the mc refuses sex and, of course, the sudden ending that makes you go back in order to see what did you do wrong. A developer that doesn't care enough to write a simple "end of version" note is lazy or just doesn't care...

P.S. I wanted to write these in a review and not as a comment but in the new format of the forum I can't find a way to post a review...

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
<Snip>
P.S. I wanted to write these in a review and not as a comment but in the new format of the forum I can't find a way to post a review...
Click your Stars at the top-right of the page, same as before. A text-box will appear. Enter review.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
It's hilarious the fact that after all of this time we're still not that far from the intro. In these particular instances it's better to let the content build up, unless you enjoy wasting data for a couple of minutes of material. The plot still seems interesting though.

Krishnaa

Jul 31, 2018
Is there a walkthrough for the game? cause the game always ends when the MC goes to the Blocked road. or is that all thats there in the game for now

Nov 19, 2017
This game is a prime example of sub-par writing ruining what could have been a great game. I like the post-apocalyptic setting. The graphics are nice, but I can't really believe several of the characters are acting in a way that real humans may act in such a situation. I am going to make a list of grievances.

1) Un-crunched file size is a staggering 2.3 GB. One thinks that this means "a lot of content", but in reality, it is just "very large pictures". This is a letdown. Not a whole lot of content there. Only 287 total images in the game. That is about 8 Megabytes per image. That is over 4 times the memory size of a regular good quality high rez photo. Very high rez for no good reason.

View attachment 179079

To put just how much of a waste an 8MB image is I have included this high rez photo. This high rez actual photograph is only 1.4 MB. It's 1998 x 3000 pixels. The average photo in this game should not be over 5 times bigger than this image file size. No, just no...

2) Many of the choices are seemingly inconsequential. They are Choices that go "A then B" or "B then A". You do both A & B and you only pick the order of seeing them and it makes no difference at all. Other choices are like "A = Object to B, but then do B anyways."

3) Beatrix appears to me to be the eldest female in the home. Yet she is one of the daughters. That is the model that should have been used for the mom, but I can forgive this one if the writing is good.

4) There is a 3,3,3 violation. A human can last 3 weeks without food, 3 days without water, or 3 minutes without air. The main character goes 4 days without water or food unconscious then just comes out of it as if he were napping for 20 minutes.

5) Beatrix is not a believable character. Atomic bombs are going off... let's paddle the pink canoe instead of being ready to rush to the shelter or bunker down.

6) The main character was rambling to himself about how much he wants to survive in a post-apocalyptic situation like 15 minutes before he is actually in one. It's a poor attempt of foreshadowing. Way to spot on.

7) Rapist guy / Boss smiles happily when he is punched in the face as if his face got hit by a big old titty down at the strip club.

8) In spite of the massive image size a lot of the times photos are eronious. Example 1: The bowl that drops has a spoon in it that is apparently glued inside the bowl and no food was spilled on the floor at all. Example 2: Dude gets injected with a needle, no needle shown... Example 3: Dude gets shot no blood or anything shown... Example 4: Ceiling comes crashing down, but the house don't look that wrecked... Dude ends under upside down furniture not rubble. I'm sure there are several others like Example 5: Atomic bombs go off we see no mushroom clouds...

9) Civilization would not collapse so fast in 4 days. I'm sure there may be some crazies out there, but 4 days in is way too quick for things to go downhill so fast. People are acting like it's 4 months in not 4 days in. I mean at least a month... There is a progression there. The story would make more sense if he got trapped in the house for like three of four weeks. Twisted his ankle... Baraked things up... Ran out of food... Gotta go out. Was the guy in a coma 4 days or what? How can he even be walking around with no food and water in four days?

10) Only 1 sex scene... Not even a full sex scene guy don't even cum.

The game does have some nice features though. Get a nice shot of mums and the sisters asses right in the opening. Those are gone though. Aint gonna see any of them for a long long time if this game continues. Because the game is called "Lost Family". They are lost... If they found the game is over or soon there after.
Yes, Couldn't have said it better Myself Buddy. The game could have been much Better so far. Like maybe Make it much more believable., also have more Scences with he the Family Members, would make it playable for Every Update from now on, Plus You don't need to make such huge Resolution Pictures either Dev. There are literally thousands of game's out there that don't have huge 6-9 Megabyte sized pictures, other than the odd Sepecial Scene might have a couple bigger File Pics.

But anyways I really hope this game goes on to the next Update & they don't Abandon it, like so many other Devs have done

Sol Invicti

Oct 12, 2018
Way too much monologue. Interesting choice of plot, not in the good way. Turns out that 2.3G of content is just pictures. Characters that lack charming personality and soul. Way to go.

I couldn't get why the MC needs to get that ring. Plot conveniences I guess. HOWEVER. In a post-apocalyptic world, a ring is just a ring that has no priorities over safety. Yes Ella may get upset. Yes she might hate your guts. For a few days. Weeks at most. For what, couldn't find her ring? That's not even the MC's fault to begin with. Then the MC had a change of heart. Because why not? Can't get my little sister to safety first now can we. Because that ring will bestow upon her the memories of her father, yeah? Or she can't live without it? Then follows up with the close-up shot of MC's face? What is this, fucking anime?

I could care less about other problems this game has. I can even endure the endless amount of monologue. This turn of event, however, is what kills my interest in the game. This shows the MC not only lacks a brain capable of functioning but also common senses. No sane person would choose to find that ring after they heard the words 'terrorist attack' and 'chemical fallout'.

Good luck to the developers that developed this piece of art, seriously you will need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleVT

Sol Invicti

Oct 12, 2018
I though about my post above, and I decided not to edit it, but I do want to talk about the characters.
I have to give props to the MC. He who fucked up a family after his dad's first action. Way to go, tiger.
I am not crazy, I am just saying that the family could have gotten to a shelter if he drops half of his monologue, or, even better, not decide to get that stupid ring. For the record, he did, because you know, reasons. Whatever his motivations are they are beyond me.
Then we have Ella, the brainless little sister that has no reason to exist. I have lost my stuff, but never have I lost something so important as that ring. I mean, a ring that comes from a dad who ditched his family. From the looks of it Ella really likes him. Then she lost that ring. Are you your brothers keeper by any chance?
When everybody's leaving, she's like no! I won't leave without my ring!
Completely disregarding that the town was just attacked. k.
There's Beatrix. The crazy woman who masturbates after hearing about a terrorist chemical attack. Wow. That's a whole new level. I know I would be freak out. There's a difference. However she's also a person with common sense, seeing how she knows they have to get to safety? And she shouts run? She might be the only person who knows how to think. THAT IS JUST SAD.
MC's mom is, quite frankly, unimpressive. A woman ditched by her husband? okay. A mom works only part-time job? fine. A parent who has family problems? whatever. Mix all of them together, you have mc's mom. She is just there to shout at MC. or for the MC to shout back. whatever fits your shoes.
Subpar writing is subpar.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleVT

Baralover001

Nov 21, 2017
can anyone tell me what should i click when the man with the gun says the boss is coming should i click left or should i click right?

herger

Nov 1, 2017
here the link Version0.04 from creators page

#F!ohg2EYZS!KI44DDuNC2v8c7edcyt2NQ

Reactions: yoyomistro
1.70 star(s) 10 Votes