vultron

May 19, 2018
I can't imagine why anyone would visit a planet where you can inadvertently become a slave. xD

gfdsf565

Jul 25, 2019
If you're on the fence with this one, I highly recommend it. It has some of the best writing of any of the games I've encountered.

GlossandGlamour

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2020
I appreciate you very much for what you put forward. With a small number of visuals but a strong literary language, you are providing an amazing experience.

I wish this kind of games to increase. I can see that there is a lot of effort here, I wish this series to develop more and have more new content and visuals.

I can say that you are the best writer I have ever seen around here. I thank the developer.
Glad you enjoyed! I agree, we need more narrative games!

Still one of my favorite games on the site, and not just because I adore latex and bondage. **blush** The writing is awesome and there are so many ways to get into trouble. I have no idea why but I always seem to end up very shiny and tightly bound. ;)
I usually refer to escaping Torei as the "good" ending, but its not the "fun" one.

Settled in at 55 out of 89 on the list \/
Neat!

The one slightly disappointing - emphasis on slightly - aspect was the lack of interaction with Corinth in the course of her training. You have the opportunity to select her fate and interact briefly with the "finished product" but the entire training process is taken care of in a short paragraph. Given that the before and after scenes were so rich by comparison, this feels a little hollow.
I fully understand and agree with that. The path was actually supposed to end after the sexual encounter with Isabella the first night she takes you home... but I have no chill, and kinda made this big 40,000 or whatever word epilogue. So I *belatedly* made an attempt to keep scope creep under control.

Tasvalta

Jan 13, 2019
I fully understand and agree with that. The path was actually supposed to end after the sexual encounter with Isabella the first night she takes you home... but I have no chill, and kinda made this big 40,000 or whatever word epilogue. So I *belatedly* made an attempt to keep scope creep under control.
I was working one of the paths in that epilogue (which so far looks like it should have been a game of it's own) and I think I found a bug when trying to spend merits. I can't select just the bondage mitts. It links right into having free use of hands and arms for 2 merits. Each of the other "shopping list" items say the right bits at the confirmation screen. I didn't actually try to spend the merits, so I don't yet know if the confirmation got copied around and it will just be the mitts, or if it links completely into the free arms branch.

I do thank you for writing all this. It's very enjoyable.

Oct 12, 2018
im not writting a review just yet, but to put it mildly: This is a hackjob, but one with tons of tons of tons of potential. And i dont say this lightly, and i really mean no offense, but theres so much wrong that i just cant get into it. Ive finished multiple stories , and if you want i can give you super detailed feedback to my gripes in a PM, im not interrested in putting you down publically or flaming you hard, even tho it looks like this - the reason im pointing that out and offering to tell you all about it in a DM isnt because i think i can do better specifically but because its so easy to fix most general issues which will result in the story flowing way better and being way more enjoyable.

, but a few gripes are for example:
Ludo narrativedissonance problems - the characters actions are illogical in the setting of the planet. Not only the MC but literally everyone in this setting, it starts right off the bat and it ends with the same.

The setting - doesnt make sense, and i dont mean it a sin "oh yeah latex planet duh" its more of an "no character acts according to the setting because doing that would be assinine" kinda thing. The main problem i have is that this could easily be fixed, but never is, and just falls short of being believeable right back into this weird rift where the MC is not able to exist in a vacuum.

The entire story is, no matter how hard someone tries to mask it, builds around the existence of a main character, it could not exist in a vacuum, rather then the main character just being part of a story unfolding, acting (un)reasonable, the entire point of multiple NPCs/Plotpoints is literally "to bring the plot forward" or "to act with the MC". This sounds like nitpicking but is a major mistake people and uathors do in all skill levels. Dont believe me? Extract the MC out of the story and abstract me your world building in one paragraph - go.

some novice to intermediate authors tend to write very long and detailed explanations about things they know nothing about,and that just always looks bad.You do too in occasions, but nowhere worse then when talking about the religious faction.

AGain i really wanna point this out, ive reread the current build many times because it bothered me so much and i really wanted to get my hands on the reason of why that is ,mostof tis is easily fixable, if you want, and i say if, as in you can choose not to, ill send you a DM, i promise you, even if only one of the 10 things(just a random X, no actual number) kind of 50%is something you agree with, the story WILL flow better inadvertently, i am NOT interrested in trashing you down, i am NOT interrested in killing your vibe or pretending that i am better at your own story then you are.

Last edited:

Riven

Aug 6, 2016
im not writting a review just yet, but to put it mildly: This is a hackjob, but one with tons of tons of tons of potential. And i dont say this lightly, and i really mean no offense, but theres so much wrong that i just cant get into it. Ive finished multiple stories ...
Let's pretend this whole post doesn't read like a cry for attention. Can you link some of your work, so we can all bask in the glory of greatness?

Ludo narrativedissonance problems - the characters actions are illogical in the setting of the planet. Not only the MC but literally everyone in this setting, it starts right off the bat and it ends with the same.
If everyone acts opposite to your logic, then maybe, just maybe you misunderstood some things.

The main problem i have is that this could easily be fixed, but never is, and just falls short of being believeable right back into this weird rift where the MC is not able to exist in a vacuum.
It could be fixed so easily that I'm not going to post it. Also, it's hard to exist in a vacuum when you need to breathe.

The entire story is, no matter how hard someone tries to mask it, builds around the existence of a main character, it could not exist in a vacuum, rather then the main character just being part of a story unfolding...
Story about mc dealing with her drug induced amnesia and mysterious card in her possession couldn't exist without mc. Color me surprised.

AGain i really wanna point this out, ive reread the current build many times...
Reread many times, but it is oh so bad. If only you could fix it to me liking without me telling you how.

i am NOT interrested in trashing you down, i am NOT interrested in killing your vibe or pretending that i am better at your own story then you are
I just wrote this whole long post pointing out "flaws" without offering any solution, but I'm definitely NOT interested in killing your vibe and trashing your work.

PS DM me :)

latexdreams

Aug 4, 2020
Love this game so very much. Thankyou for making this. Couple of small typos I spotted in latest release:

"And while my penthouse is... well appointed, the cell I have waiting for you will uncomfortable at best." ('be' uncomfortable)

"Concluding you conversation, Talance clasps her hands together. "All your merits, spent. And just in time."" ('you' -> 'your')

zorin0815

Mar 30, 2019
... the characters actions are illogical in the setting of the planet....
... The setting - doesnt make sense, ...
The Star Wars University does not make sense, and neither does the MCU, Star Trek, Transformers, Ijon Tichy or anything like it.

It's all Science Fiction and therefore: It does not need to make sense.

Oct 12, 2018
The Star Wars University does not make sense, and neither does the MCU, Star Trek, Transformers, Ijon Tichy or anything like it.

It's all Science Fiction and therefore: It does not need to make sense.
Thats so incredibly wrong that i dont even know where to start , most large mainstream sci fi universes, star trek, star wars, battlestar galactica, you name it, has very w ell defined rules in which they operate, they make sense INSIDE the universe. Lost in laminate does not make sense in its own universe.

I'm not sure what you mean here, could you provide an examp - oh wait, I got it.
i gave an example, the church doesnt work because that is not how churches work, or how religion as an dogmatic entity works, but it goes out of its way to explain how its supposed to work which highlights why it doesnt work, even more.

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
i gave an example, the church doesnt work because that is not how churches work, or how religion as an dogmatic entity works, but it goes out of its way to explain how its supposed to work which highlights why it doesnt work, even more.
Wooosh.

To spell it out explicitly:

You call someone's writing a hack job, claim you are not interested in "putting [them] down publically [sic]", then launch into a ill-structured, meandering "critique" that lacks any specificity - but makes up for it with mangled grammar and spelling errors! - and finish it all off with a condescending offer of guidance...

"First cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Reactions: Tonkin
Oct 12, 2018
Wooosh.

To spell it out explicitly:

You call someone's writing a hack job, claim you are not interested in "putting [them] down publically [sic]", then launch into a ill-structured, meandering "critique" that lacks any specificity - but makes up for it with mangled grammar and spelling errors! - and finish it all off with a condescending offer of guidance...

"First cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Im sorry if thissounds dense, i dont disagree, rereading the post now it was deffo neither nice nor what i intended, i must have been more tired then i thought but i did, many many many times, state that i wasnt interrested in goign in detail for the sake of not doing just that. which is why i asked if the author WANTS an DM, i even specifically said thatwe might still disagree and that would be fine.

Kethrian

Oct 5, 2018
The setting - doesnt make sense, and i dont mean it a sin "oh yeah latex planet duh" its more of an "no character acts according to the setting because doing that would be assinine" kinda thing. The main problem i have is that this could easily be fixed, but never is, and just falls short of being believeable right back into this weird rift where the MC is not able to exist in a vacuum.
The first thing I have to say about this is that the setting is not unique to Lost In Laminate. There is an entire community making art and stories and the like in the Torean universe. That you personally don't understand how it works, when so many others do, might not be a failing on the author's part. If you are genuinely interested in learning more about the Torean universe, I would suggest starting in DeviantArt. There's a whole group dedicated to it.

And why do you say that it could be easily fixed, yet not give even a little hint of what you think could fix it? This is the difference between critique and complaint. A critique would give suggestions to help, a complaint points out what is wrong without offer of how to improve.

Reactions: s0meguy86

Ptelmar

May 3, 2017
I really like the writing style of that game, and the few pictures added only seem to support the text descriptions, instead of drawing attention from it, so congrats to the dev for that :)
While i like the subby and denial routes of the game, i´m myself are more of owning slaves than being one side, but up to now i have problems reaching an end with corinth or others are being in my... care.
Any hint how to achieve that ?

Edit: i just found an similiar question dating on the last month, so i suppose this path still isnt build in. As the content of the next update seems to be already chosen, i still hope to see the misstress route as soon as possible ^^

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 38 Votes