Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I don't play that many renpy games, I play regular VNs and pretty much all of them only have regular slots plus the quicksave one.

And no, when the game itself boots the player to the main menu out of nowhere, it's intentional (as every choice except the last one will end your run right then and there) and it hasn't done that before (meaning it hasn't set a precedent), the responsibility falls solely on the game. It'd have been my fault if something had happened that was completely outside of the game's control, like me shutting off the game without saving.
It's your fault for not saving regularly when renpy VNs sometimes have game breaking bugs that don't always let you rollback from. That's like not saving regularly in Skyrim, it's 100% your fault. Swallow your pride and take this for what it is, a learning experience.

SpardaUser

Dec 29, 2021
It's your fault for not saving regularly when renpy VNs sometimes have game breaking bugs that don't always let you rollback from. That's like not saving regularly in Skyrim, it's 100% your fault. Swallow your pride and take this for what it is, a learning experience.
Seems we're not gonna agree with this so this will be my last response on the matter since there's no point continuing further. No, it is not in any way the player's fault for the game presenting bugs or the dev making a conscious decision about something. That's all on the game. The player can do their best to circumvent these issues but at the end of the day, it's still nobody's but the game's fault for anything that happens due to certain game mechanics or bugs.

And if your game is so buggy at its current state that it creates issues that can result in massive loss of progress, then have autosaving (like it seems this dev has done to a certain extent). Don't expect the player to do your job for you manually.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
Well, I decided to give this game a look after hearing about it as a clone of LiL, and after playing through the current version, I can say:

1) it's not bad - better than a lot of games on this site and better than I expected, and it has potential, but
2) if you claim that it is not a fairly obvious ripoff of LiL, all I can say is, "Bruh". Yes, you can point to any one item where this game and LiL are alike, and hand-wave it away ("lots of VNs have a role-playing game in them" or "there's a pool of free music that a lot of developers pull from") - that's not the point. It's the whole list taken together (D&D, school setting, horror elements, shy stuttering girl whose mom owns a bar (which looks exactly like Sara's bar), the music, the dorm visits, the big events (i.e., Christmas parties), the pet names with responses to specific ones, etc...) that makes it pretty clear. Just because you've changed the hair colors around doesn't mean that Selebus doesn't have a point. Personally, I don't care - it's not my game you are copying. But your defense of it as not a copy is just silly. It's like writing a folk song about an iron ore ship on the Great Lakes that gets sunk in a storm and then claiming it's not a copy of "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" because Gordon Lightfoot didn't invent the D chord and your song is set on Lake Huron.

Just own it. There's obviously an audience of some size for "LiL but with a less-assholish MC and lighter horror elements", so run with it. But it's clearly far beyond just a "partly inspired by" thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ksakep
4.10 star(s) 16 Votes