ItsAtrX

Developer of Lost in You
Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Anyone have a list of names the girls react to? All i can figure out is daddy, honey, darling and master. Darling and honey have the same reactions.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Only Saki and Hina for the time being, more will follow.

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
16 new events and 18 new repeatable..
Feels like.. something is gonna change? timeskip?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Lost in You [v0.7.2] [atrX]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- -

Mac:
- -

Jan 26, 2019
The amount of work put in this game is serious. I also like that the girls are not the typical D++ anime girls, tho it would be nice to have some variability, they all look kinda the same just with different hair style and color.
But the pacing is very long for me and kinda boring, but that is probably just the genre. So thats on me.
But what I really dont like is yet another plot with weird dreams/visions with little horror feel. That is so so overused. Everytime I see it in any game/novel its instant turn off. I never understand why some devs hold on to that so much.
Also the game ended without giving me any clu ethat it will. I just had a screen with weird fonts and choices and boom, it was over. So I lost all progress. That was really weird.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
LostInYou-0.7.2
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Slub

Oct 9, 2020
The amount of work put in this game is serious. I also like that the girls are not the typical D++ anime girls, tho it would be nice to have some variability, they all look kinda the same just with different hair style and color.
But the pacing is very long for me and kinda boring, but that is probably just the genre. So thats on me.
But what I really dont like is yet another plot with weird dreams/visions with little horror feel. That is so so overused. Everytime I see it in any game/novel its instant turn off. I never understand why some devs hold on to that so much.
Also the game ended without giving me any clu ethat it will. I just had a screen with weird fonts and choices and boom, it was over. So I lost all progress. That was really weird.
Same happened to me. Turns out that there is still content, but all answers lead to losing all progress except for the last one..

EddyB50

Dec 9, 2022
I agree. I've been liking these kinds of games, even if some people criticize them for being koikatsu-core. But edgy, psychological horror stuff is a bit of a turnoff and starting to get stale. I get it, though; people probably felt inspired by Lessons in Love and some of stuff that came after. And I don't wanna call it fake deep because for writers it might truly feel deep or personal. I just can't connect with it.

Uschade

Dec 27, 2023
Since we all know, that Loli stuff is not matching Patreon rules, I can't understand, why there are games with loli-tag AND Patreon for support.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Since we all know, that Loli stuff is not matching Patreon rules, I can't understand, why there are games with loli-tag AND Patreon for support.
Because there's no loli, I'd easily argue there isn't even hebe here. This site is just completely willy nilly with that tag, it makes it on just about any game that has characters that are even just slightly petite.
Either way, not familiar with patreon's exact guidelines but I'd suspect they mostly refer to a character's age where as the loli tag on this site refers to their physical attributes. So a 50 year old petite girl would still get a game tagged with loli even though she's totally legal.

Ksakep

Dec 8, 2021
This game is the most blunt and arrogant copy of LiL, I understand why Selebus even came to your itch.io page with "Bruh" comment.
Events need to be much longer, they are very short.
Characters are cute, maybe plot will be good too, but OMG, stop copying LiL so much, it is not fun anymore.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
This game is the most blunt and arrogant copy of LiL, I understand why Selebus even came to your itch.io page with "Bruh" comment.
Characters are cute, maybe plot will be good too, but OMG, stop copying LiL so much, it is not fun anymore.
You know even as far as bait goes this is pretty bottom tier. Who cares if it isn't original, LiL isn't either. This site deserve a higher class of troll than you.

ItsAtrX

Developer of Lost in You
Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Selebus came to my itch.io page and posted "Bruh", then subsequently banned me from his Discord a few days later when the game was brought up there, because he has a fragile ego. The irony of LiY being called out whilst he used to promote a significantly more straightforward "copy" on his own fucking Patreon seems to be lost on some of you folks.

But please, do point out what about this game makes it "the most blunt and arrogant copy of LiL". I'll be waiting patiently for you to come up with the usual list of common anime or genre tropes, or a list of royalty-free music from Dova Syndrome that Sel seems to think he owns. This is the same dude who thinks I would owe him (not the composer) $500 for a music track he licensed if it were to hypothetically be in the game (which it is not). Which is another claim he made whilst making 0 attempts at actually verifying whatever drivel his groupies fed him.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Selebus came to my itch.io page and posted "Bruh", then subsequently banned me from his Discord a few days later when the game was brought up there, because he has a fragile ego. The irony of LiY being called out whilst he used to promote a significantly more straightforward "copy" on his own fucking Patreon seems to be lost on some of you folks.

But please, do point out what about this game makes it "the most blunt and arrogant copy of LiL". I'll be waiting patiently for you to come up with the usual list of common anime or genre tropes, or a list of royalty-free music from Dova Syndrome that Sel seems to think he owns. This is the same dude who thinks I would owe him (not the composer) $500 for a music track he licensed if it were to hypothetically be in the game (which it is not). Which is another claim he made whilst making 0 attempts at actually verifying whatever drivel his groupies fed him.
Who cares what Selebus says anyway, LiL hasn't been fun since before LiY even released :whistle:

Ksakep

Dec 8, 2021

Well, I know Sel isn't tolerant to a lot of things, yeah, but that's another topic. I posted here an independent opinion, and Sel's own opinion is not relevant here.

Sure, man, let's see some things you blatantly copied:

1. Music.

Yeah, it's royalte-free, but it left a bad taste anyway. You listen this music and immediately have thoughts like "meh, already used by another creator". Be creative! You don't need to repeat after Sel.

2. Characters.

Sara Hina is a bar owner and this bar is not popular.
Sana Yokubo is a girl with speaking problems and stuttering.
A strange godlike being called Sekai.
A cute geek girl promoting Raid? With even a similar event name?

You can be better than this. Add more unique traits, don't use same names. Be creative!

3. Plot concepts

Resets? Seriously? Why not use a different plot twist?

A person asks MC to not pursue a girl before beach episode? And you can break this promise? (also, broken in your case cause you can kiss Yokubo before Shuu even asks you about this promise).

DnD game sessions in any event chain? Be creative, you're just reusing another one's plot concept.

4. Other

"buried beneath your feet" - you don't need to steal phrases even as allusions or references

God god - you don't need to steal phrases even as allusions or references

lust and love points - be creative, in your case these points aren't even used properly, why steal a system and don't use it?

I can find a lot more, but I suppose this is already enough to point which parts are bad. You can do better. You don't need to take all these parts from Sel to write a good novel. You're already doing a great job in original parts. And yeah, events need to be at least twice longer, some of them are extremely short.

ItsAtrX

Developer of Lost in You
Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Alright, I'll bite. I've already addressed the vast majority of these across a bunch of places but let me do it here as well I guess...

I'm going to preface this by saying Lost in You was originally a very different game (I've talked about it a couple of times in the Discord before, so you can go check the receipts) that I started work on in October 2022. Much of that concept got retooled for the early parts of Lost in You after I found LiL in December 2022, which I played up until I believe the end of the first beach trip before I wrote the outline for Lost in You. Pretty much the only thing that didn't make it over was Yokubo's old name (Shiori, at the time) and some minigames that were cut because minigames are dumb and I have no idea why I decided to make Step Mania in Ren'Py for the sake of a stupid minigame. (Yes, that is actually something I wasted my time on. If anyone wants to see what that crap looked like, I can post a clip from an old dev build I have lying around.) So what is new compared to that old concept then? Ikari, Kodoku, and the gods (and with those, much of the actual plot). That's it. Oh, and I guess the game got slightly darker. But not by much (and not nearly to the extent of LiL).

1. Music.

Yeah, it's royalte-free, but it left a bad taste anyway. You listen this music and immediately have thoughts like "meh, already used by another creator". Be creative! You don't need to repeat after Sel.
How to acquire "LiL songs" 101:
  1. Browse to
  2. Sort by most downloads
  3. ???
  4. Profit
On a less facetious note: We share a small portion of tracks, yes (the majority of which being from one of the most popular artists on Dova: Sharou). And Selebus and I are far from the only people to have used those songs (because, again, almost every track we do share is literally near the top of most downloads). The overwhelming majority of songs I use are not present in LiL (and my method of picking music has changed drastically over the year+ I've been working on this game). There is a jukebox in the main menu of both games, you are free to go have a look through them yourself if you want/care.

2. Characters.

Sara Hina is a bar owner and this bar is not popular.
Sana Yokubo is a girl with speaking problems and stuttering.
A strange godlike being called Sekai.
A cute geek girl promoting Raid? With even a similar event name?

You can be better than this. Add more unique traits, don't use same names. Be creative!
Like I said, characters are largely brought over from a game I was working on before I even knew what LiL (or Koikatsu, for that matter) was. That goes for both Hina and Yokubo. Now to address the other two:
Sekai: Japanese for "World". A very on-the-nose name for a god. And also one I picked before I even knew there was a Sekai in LiL, as per the first part of this post (yay, coincidences!).
Tomori/Raid: If you've been around on the internet for longer than a couple years, you should know how big of a meme that game is. It is used once. We immediately move over to the next meme game in her next equivalent event (Goddess of Ass Victory: Nikke). Could I have picked a different game? Sure. But Tomori's memes are stale, as is today's sponsor: RAID: Shadow Le-

3. Plot concepts

Resets? Seriously? Why not use a different plot twist?

A person asks MC to not pursue a girl before beach episode? And you can break this promise? (also, broken in your case cause you can kiss Yokubo before Shuu even asks you about this promise).

DnD game sessions in any event chain? Be creative, you're just reusing another one's plot concept.
Resets: There is one. There will also only ever be one. And it functions very differently from a LiL reset (though, admittedly, we know very little about them in LiL, so who the fuck actually knows). And this is where I pull out Selebus' favourite game: Doki Doki Literature Club (insert "DDLC is a great game" copypasta). Conceptually, the LiY reset is much closer to that than a LiL reset. But that's all the details I'm willing to share about that for the time being.

A person asks MC to not pursue a girl before beach episode: A valid point. And one I did indeed "copy" from LiL to a certain degree. But also not exactly a unique scenario. Nonetheless, fair criticism.

D&D: Aside from the fact that they do not, in fact, appear in every chain: D&D in AVNs is not exactly new, and definitely not something Selebus came up with. LiY's implementation of it also aligns much more with (I'm gonna hate myself for saying this, but...) Being A DIK's D&D event and some other DAZ game I followed for a short while (sorry, name's completely escaping me, it's been a few years since I dropped it) that had an entire quest chain of D&D sessions in a very similar vein to LiY's.

4. Other

"buried beneath your feet" - you don't need to steal phrases even as allusions or references

God god - you don't need to steal phrases even as allusions or references

lust and love points - be creative, in your case these points aren't even used properly, why steal a system and don't use it?
"Buried beneath your feet": I had to go look through LiL's code (ew) because I genuinely had no clue what you're talking about. The closest thing I can find is this line which seems to occur a handful of times: "There is something buried underneath your feet." Which is pretty close to the "There's something here, buried beneath your feet." from LiY, I guess. I don't know, I'm gonna chalk this up to coincidence? I don't really know what else to say about this, not gonna lie.

"God god": I guess that's fair. I was going to explain my reasoning, but decided to backspace that paragraph since I feel this isn't the place to rant about religion and I try not to focus too much on it in the game either.

"Affection and lust points": I... what? Stats like that are kinda a core dating sim concept. Though, admittedly, I did a shit job of using them in chapter 1 after I reworked them for 0.2 to make them less grindy (and went the complete opposite direction in underutilising them). That's something I'm seeking to rectify with chapter 2, however.

I can find a lot more, but I suppose this is already enough to point which parts are bad. You can do better. You don't need to take all these parts from Sel to write a good novel. You're already doing a great job in original parts. And yeah, events need to be at least twice longer, some of them are extremely short.
I don't know. I may sound defensive with this post, but I really don't see most of the things some of you see. I have a long history of playing a wide array of both adult and non-adult story-driven games and while LiL is certainly a big inspiration for Lost in You, it's far from the only one.
As for event length... It's my first serious foray into writing and it's something I still struggle with a bit. I would love to make events longer, honestly, but I don't feel I can keep them engaging enough for the time being. The average word count per event has definitely gone up since the start of the game's development though, so some progress is being made in that area. It's something I want to (and will) continue working on as I grow as a writer.

I rewrote parts of this a couple times because it came off as mildly aggressive, and that is not my intention. If it still reads like that, my apologies.

Edit: I was honestly expecting the more obvious comparisons I've seen floating around a few times, like the smiley face logo and Ikari looking similar to Rin. The latter of which is again, a fair point, as her design was actually inspired by Rin (god how you have dropped in my rankings girl...)

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 16 Votes