OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
Mostly because, no matter how you look at it, a harem where everyone is happy or satisfied is pretty much impossible, and from then on, you explore how much drama there must be. LiL isn't the first game that did this, and it certainly won't be the last denpa-style game.
The writer makes it impossible. There's no law or rule that says it needs to follow the established template. Be different from LIL/Sensei Overnight.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
The writer makes it impossible. There's no law or rule that says it needs to follow the established template. Be different from LIL/Sensei Overnight.
So many other games are generic to everything else but because the theme isn't as obvious as it is with LiL-likes it doesn't stand out as much.
LIY is the best LiL-like, it takes the format while offering a linear VN experience, has generally better writing than the rest and the girls are all well designed. I do think the season 1 ending was a little too on the nose but this is overall more enjoyable than LiL and a lot less convoluted.
If you don't like LiL-likes then just play something else. Not everything needs to be perfectly unique and original and if it did then I suspect a lot of your favourite games wouldn't exist either.

Also since you brought it up, fuck the pedophile sensei janitor game. Any dev who does that shit shouldn't be used as a standard no matter how relevant their game is to the discussion.

• Red Heart
Reactions: VPedge and ItsAtrX
Feb 17, 2024
The writer makes it impossible. There's no law or rule that says it needs to follow the established template. Be different from LIL
Isn't LiL from the ? It's just that it's the one who popularized it in this region of the web, so it's seen as the template.

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
If you don't like LiL-likes then just play something else. Not everything needs to be perfectly unique and original and if it did then I suspect a lot of your favourite games wouldn't exist either.
This is why we get so many damn remakes and reboots because people will just throw their hands up and say "oh well"
usually, I would be all for devs following their vision but if they're copying something so closely, is it really theirs?
Also since you brought it up, fuck the pedophile sensei janitor game. Any dev who does that shit shouldn't be used as a standard no matter how relevant their game is to the discussion.
Eh, I couldn't think of any other examples here that used the template, so closely anyway.

VPedge

Sep 19, 2019
Can one of these please not follow in LIL footsteps? Is that too much to ask? Does it absolutely need to be stuffed to the gills with angst and misery? Can one of these please end in a harem without people dying, broken, empty, or insane?
I am very sure you would be a well adjusted person if you ended up finding out you where added into a harem of men for one woman 100% would just deal with that. /s

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
I am very sure you would be a well adjusted person if you ended up finding out you where added into a harem of men for one woman 100% would just deal with that. /s
...Why is the real-life argument always brought up...only when it's convenient? We're not talking about me; we're talking about fictional characters.

Reactions: Lerd0

VPedge

Sep 19, 2019
...Why is the real-life argument always brought up...only when it's convenient? We're not talking about me; we're talking about fictional characters.
Fictional characters still tend to have a hint of reality and what we consider common sense to them i am sorry buddy nice dodge tho

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
Fictional characters still tend to have a hint of reality and what we consider common sense to them i am sorry buddy nice dodge tho
In a story with Godlike beings and reality altering, common sense went out the window.

ModernGamingIsTrash

Sep 20, 2024
This is why we get so many damn remakes and reboots because people will just throw their hands up and say "oh well"
usually, I would be all for devs following their vision but if they're copying something so closely, is it really theirs?

Eh, I couldn't think of any other examples here that used the template, so closely anyway.
After playing Lessons In Love, Sensei Overnight, I ended up becoming a game dev not long after. I however, did not want to follow in their footsteps. I saw that coming with it's success. Besides it would have made me feel fake as an artist. Which is why my first game ended up being set in the 90s taking cue from American Pie 1 and the skateboarding scene at the time.

I don't think every koikatsu game needs to a LiL game. Otherwise, most will shrug off Koikatsu rendered games as another Lil clone.

Krestrike

Nov 29, 2017
Idk if someone wrote this or not, but I want Girl #1 to become relevant to the plot and get a name.

Upd. Here's what I get for writing this before downloading 9.1. Girl #1 got a name. Now she has to become relevant to the plot.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: JelF547
4.10 star(s) 18 Votes