VN Ren'Py Love and Evil Things [v0.1.4] [Petals]

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
There's more optional/joinable lesbian scenes coming. And the existing scene is not being removed.
Are the scenes going to be avoidable, that is, they don't happen, or skippable, that is, they happen, but you don't see them? And if it is the second option, can we prevent the MC from having a romance and sex scenes with the LIs who have said scenes?

LaETDev

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2017
Are the scenes going to be avoidable, that is, they don't happen, or skippable, that is, they happen, but you don't see them? And if it is the second option, can we prevent the MC from having a romance and sex scenes with the LIs who have said scenes?
You can prevent the main character from having any sex scenes at all.

Reactions: BlasKyau

garyH

May 25, 2017
When you say the lesbian stuff is joinable/optional do you mean it only happens if you choose to watch/participate or does it still happen even if you choose to avoid it?

LaETDev

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2017
When you say the lesbian stuff is joinable/optional do you mean it only happens if you choose to watch/participate or does it still happen even if you choose to avoid it?
There is no planned lesbian sex scenes that you can't dictate if it happens or not. The bookclub scenes will have lesbian stuff but you skip them all.

Reactions: AlexaSky

garyH

May 25, 2017
There is no planned lesbian sex scenes that you can't dictate if it happens or not. The bookclub scenes will have lesbian stuff but you skip them all.
I haven't played the game yet, still trying to gauge my potential interest, so I have no clue what the bookclub scenes are, but you comment makes it sound like lesbian ntr will be unavoidable, just skippable?

LaETDev

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2017
I haven't played the game yet, still trying to gauge my potential interest, so I have no clue what the bookclub scenes are, but you comment makes it sound like lesbian ntr will be unavoidable, just skippable?
Bookclub scenes are imaginary scenes where one of the characters reads a story to the other girls. It's a way to let people vote on unique content like futa stuff. There's a skip option with it starts and doesn't affect the story.

Reactions: BlasKyau

garyH

May 25, 2017
Bookclub scenes are imaginary scenes where one of the characters reads a story to the other girls. It's a way to let people vote on unique content like futa stuff. There's a skip option with it starts and doesn't affect the story.
I see, sounds good, I'll have to give the game a try then.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Love and Evil Things [v0.1.3] [Petals]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

Last edited:

excalibertypo

Apr 10, 2020
Love and Evil Things [v0.1.3] [Petals]
Pixeldrain Download Link for those that want to use Pixeldrain

RiQuY

Nov 6, 2018
0.1.3? The last post on Patreon is the 0.1.2 release.

EDIT: I must be blind or the dev updated the post with the 0.1.3 changelog, idk.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: LaETDev

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
The book club setup is a fucking stroke of genius. They are really well done. Basically, one character writes naughty stories and a few of the girls get together and she reads them. (And the game animates the "story" so you get to see animation of what happens in the story.) It allows having content in there that you can skip if you aren't into it, and at the same time the hardcore purists who are going to freak out about certain types of material can content themselves that this didn't really happen, because it was just a story one of the characters made up (it's like, not canon.) I found this to be a really innovative aspect of the game.

Anal in Koikatsu is very... odd. I'll test it out at some point and see if I can make it look good. I definitely want to put it in somewhere though.
...in the butt =P

(*emphasis added to quote)

Oh god this "a footsie" scene at restaurant caught me off guard this alone totally worth download ty 4 your hard work dev.
That whole bit in the restaurant was fucking gold, I was dying laughing through the entire scene. And the setup with Kumi giving her intentionally bad advice, then getting to hear about the resulting chaos later on, made it even funnier.

0.1.3? The last post on Patreon is the 0.1.2 release.

EDIT: I must be blind or the dev updated the posts with the 0.1.3 changelog, idk.
This dev has been really good up about rapidly updating when they fix a minor issue. 0.1.1 dropped and by the time I finished playing it they had already updated to 0.1.2 to fix a minor spelling error. I think 0.1.3 was another tiny improvement. They didn't make a big fanfare about it because it's not new content, just perfectionism.

Kamakazey

Apr 9, 2019
I seen people talk about the pains of sandbox, I think there are a few things that would be the main way to keep the sandbox and not feel the drags that usually come with it.

1. A way to know if something is going to have new content when you go to it.
2. A way to know if going somewhere will progress the story in a way that makes you miss other content.
3. If there are stat limitations from accessing an event, knowledge that that character is a limitation to progress.
4. If there are day specific events, a fast way to travel time that isn't 'hold ctrl, spam first option.'

For the most part I think with these most sandboxes can be played as a VN if you want, and still have a sandboxy feeling if someone just wants to interact with a character again.

BFC 78

Jan 23, 2022
I saw one of the tags I like, I'm like me sold me download but when I saw this screenshot0001.png yeah this right here is the most Evil Things to do ha-ha :LOL: yeah, I know Patreon has restriction on certain content unfortunately this is one of them :cry: so here's hoping Dev add in an option to change Mei relationship with MC or a patch, other than that, the game got my interest with the storyline and all the girls also I can't wait until the MC get to play Vlad the Impaler with all the girls also have his soldiers invade there fertile fields :love: and Mei will be the first one:devilish:

LaETDev

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2017
I seen people talk about the pains of sandbox, I think there are a few things that would be the main way to keep the sandbox and not feel the drags that usually come with it.

1. A way to know if something is going to have new content when you go to it.
2. A way to know if going somewhere will progress the story in a way that makes you miss other content.
3. If there are stat limitations from accessing an event, knowledge that that character is a limitation to progress.
4. If there are day specific events, a fast way to travel time that isn't 'hold ctrl, spam first option.'

For the most part I think with these most sandboxes can be played as a VN if you want, and still have a sandboxy feeling if someone just wants to interact with a character again.
This game is architected so that you do not miss any content by hitting the skip button. I will never purposely allow people to miss content by accidentally viewing a different act. I put content in the game, and I want people to view it.

I want to be very clear about this. I hate sandboxes as well. Anything I throw into mine will not be grindy or boring.

I will be adding a hint system for the next patch however. It will cover scenarios where you have to view one girl's act to unblock another. It will be very simple and straight forward and blend into the current UI.

robbaniak

Jul 17, 2019
Another 0x52_URM-secured game?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "0x52-URM/classes/main.rpy", line 33, in <module>
File "0x52-URM/classes/textbox.rpy", line 14, in __init__
TypeError: __call__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'image'

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes