Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
Bi-Han He may not in fact know that is a possibility. Just because it is an option, does not mean that a user has read the related documentation.

I guess I should probably also clarify that this does not exactly make it any better; however, there is also always more than one side to a story and being judgmental, without taking into account other possibilities, about someone suffering from potentially severe mental health issues in a thread that they have been known to check from time to time isn't any better.

Bruce 233018 the latest news was posted a few posts back.
Literally on the previous page by dunhill

Reactions: morphiospain

QQA

Dec 31, 2017
Bi-Han He may not in fact know that is a possibility. Just because it is an option, does not mean that a user has read the related documentation.

I guess I should probably also clarify that this does not exactly make it any better; however, there is also always more than one side to a story and being judgmental, without taking into account other possibilities, about someone suffering from potentially severe mental health issues in a thread that they have been known to check from time to time isn't any better.

Bruce 233018 the latest news was posted a few posts back.
Literally on the previous page by dunhill
It is possible that he didn't read the patreon documentation, I wasn't aware of it, either. I'll send him a message on patreon to inform him, let's see if he suspends the money being received.

Reactions: KeyvinCarter

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
It is possible that he didn't read the patreon documentation, I wasn't aware of it, either. I'll send him a message on patreon to inform him, let's see if he suspends the money being received.
Definitely a possibility. Even a quick google search would have turned up this information, though. Seems like you can pause it only in blocks of one month.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Definitely a possibility. Even a quick google search would have turned up this information, though. Seems like you can pause it only in blocks of one month.
This guy's behaviour is totally inexscusable.

What happened to the "alpha" 0.8 he was testing? why didn't he deliver it to Patrons anyway? why didn't he asked for help asking for betatesters and bugfixing? Does a 0.8 alpha really exist?

Why didn't he put the Patreon campaign on hold?

D

Deleted member 1326591

What happened to the "alpha" 0.8 he was testing? why didn't he deliver it to Patrons anyway? why didn't he asked for help asking for betatesters and bugfixing? Does a 0.8 alpha really exist?

You can always use the report function.

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
You seem to be awfully upset about this and venting on a site where (to the best of my knowledge) the author releases his content for free.

While you may think

The simple fact of the matter is that we simply do not know all of the details of his life. Being upset is fine, but don't get needlessly offended. Especially since from the sound of the following post he is dealing with a mental health issue.

Patreon update:

It took me quite some time to find the courage to post something again but I certainly owe everyone a sign of life after the long silence.
Lately I was quite busy with real life stuff and processing things. I'm trying to transition into a more positive mindset and search/look for silver linings (yes I do get professional help now).
Balance is key and apparently I didn't properly balance things out in the past.
Anyways, I want to thank you all for the kind words.
Visiting my page, I was shocked to see how many people are still supporting me.
And while it's very touching and I am thankful, I want to encourage everyone to only follow me for now and maybe consider supporting me again once I put out updates.
I am certainly not a person that's happy with taking support for not delivering.
Eitherway, thank you guys and I try to post something interesting next time.
If you've never been so depressed that you genuinely believe the best course of action you can take in your life is to intentionally alienate your friends and family so that you are completely alone in an effort to make your self-harm or impending suicide easier on them... You need to chill the fuck out. (Also, you are wrong. It won't make it easier on them.) It seems that he is at least attempting to work through his issues and come out a better healtheir person in the end. This will produce more content for this game. This is a win. Could it be fake? I mean, it is happening on the internet, so it's possible. But from the sound of it I think he at least deserves the benefit of the doubt.

As for addressing the issues regarding the release, i think i recall another post that discusses it saying that he's actually started working on it again... but I could have that mixed up with another game. I'll edit this post again if I come across it.

Edit: I was thinking of a post by Fasder regarding his game Life.

Last edited:

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
But from the sound of it I think he at least deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Why didn't he give Patrons the 0.8 alpha?

This will produce more content for this game. This is a win.
First release was october 2017 (almost 2 years ago), and what we're playing right now is a sort of an intro - it hasn't happened anything yet (almost), damnit!

This "project" ended up in a blind alley.

Reactions: mystery30055

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
I mean, did you even bother reading my post? I'm pretty sure that I stated:

The simple fact of the matter is that we simply do not know all of the details of his life.
Playing the half-assed intentionally misleading quote game really isn't very cool.

I have no way of answering this question authoritatively. But, I can make wild assumptions.
The top 5 that I thought of with zero effort (Now with a bonus sixth!):
1 of 5: Since we don't have all the information, it's possible that he did and it just hasn't been released here.
2 of 5: It wasn't (and still isn't) complete, but is being worked on.
3 of 5: He has become so discouraged by people being upset over things that are not w/in his control that, not only has it not been completed, his hiatus from working on it has been extended.
4 of 5: Aliens stole his computer and he has to start the entire thing over from scratch.
5 of 5: He has stopped working on the game altogether and just hasn't cancelled his patreon and started the refund process.
6 of 5: And while this is what I think you want to hear; I also think is unfair to simply assume, and am including simply because it is a possibility: He's trying to milk it.

Also, as I said, it's OK to be upset. But be sure that the degree that you are offended is appropriate. Since A) we simply do not have all the details, B) the Dev is attempting to get things moving again, and C) the content is being released for free on this site...

Since you don't appear to be voicing this complaint on his patreon, the only reasonable conclusion that I can come to is that you are trying to stir shit up here because of an incorrectly perceived slight done to you by the game dev. Even if you ARE voicing this concern on his patreon... Taking it to this location is really just doing the same thing.

Assuming best case scenario, the dev has had a really hard time with life recently and is trying to get it back on track. As I stated in the post that you quoted but removed the important qualifier: Once his life is back to actually functioning, maybe even functioning well, I would expect him to start making more content. Again, I believe this is a good outcome. Hell, if we're lucky he may even keep us up to date about what's going on with him on his road to recovery; that'd be the icing on the cake.

Assuming worst case scenario, that the dev IS in fact trying to milk things, which based on the previous message I doubt... That's between him and the people giving him money. I'm not saying that makes it right, but rather this isn't the place for you to soapbox it and try and incite people to be angry... Also, it's the responsibility of the people who are giving him money to determine whether they are contributing to a worth while goal. It's their money; not yours.

If you respond to this post in a manner similar to your previous response, you will prove without a doubt that you are just trolling. I will only continue this discussion if you actually take the time to make a reply that is intended to further the discussion in a respectful manner to my self, the developer, and above all the members of this forum.

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
I wouldn't hold my breath for a reasonable debate with Trapezio. He's shown time and again that he's really only interested in being a vitriolic troll.
Oh. Thanks for the warning. I just hate it when people feel the need to poison a community by stirring up shit that really, in the long run, not only doesn't fucking matter but is so obviously being used simply to cause drama. ESPECIALLY if it's because that's what the author thrives on or gets their rocks off to, aka trolling.

I'm a fan of a good-natured "troll". Someone that will bait another forum member into a harmless joke and laughs are had by all, including the person that took the bait.

But trying to vilify someone in this situation? That's like bullying in absentia. You have so little confidence in your position that you don't even try to seek out resolution with the person causing your perceived problem? Instead you start throwing shit on the internet for the self gratification that dragging other people through the mud brings.

It's like those one star reviews that "Karen" posts about how the sales person verbally assaulted their 5 year old, when what really happened was a lack of parenting from "Karen" and the 5 year old was destroying the store and the sales person said "If you go sit in that chair over there quietly until i'm finished helping your mom I'll give you a lollipop... but it turns out the lolli isn't certifiably GMO-free, artifical color free, and vegan.

Anyway. I got tired of seeing communities become toxic because of that type of behavior because no one called the troll out on their BS and their behavior would only get worse. I kinda wish that forums had a Troll flair that could be voted on by the community and automagically assigned... Just so people knew that the person they were dealing with tended to behave like a spoiled brat or an asshole.

I mean, every forum rule set that you agree to when making an account that I've ever encountered boiled down to basically one sentence.

Don't be a dick.

That's it. If you can accomplish that much, and do it consistently, any slip ups you have can be fixed with an honest and sincere apology (oh and learning from your mistake).

Meh. Anyway, as you can tell I'm pretty passionate about shit like this... so I'm going to shut up now.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I wouldn't hold my breath for a reasonable debate with Trapezio. He's shown time and again that he's really only interested in being a vitriolic troll.
I'm not interested in anything except playing these games, but I've seen too many games that I've been enjoying a lot going nowhere.

I really enjoyed LaS. I really loved it. Anyway, I'm 1000% sure that this game is dead. Period.

So I'm really disappointed. That's it.

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
And you are allowed to feel the way you do. But, you, and others with your mindset, confuse the being allowed to feel a certain way, with being entitled to have a complete stranger spend their free time making something that you enjoy for free.

You literally have no right to expect anything other than what is put out.

You are litterally doing the same entitled behavior as Karen is blaming the sales person for her kid messing up the store. In this case, the kid messing up the store is how you are approaching your disappointment to your belief (contrary to what the dev has stated) that there will not be any more of this game.

Your 1 star review blaming the sales person for verbally assaulting the 5 year old is how you are dragging all sorts of perceived facts into a thread where they don't really belong. It literally costs you nothing but time and bandwidth to get a game from here, attempting to be offended for the patreons to make your case seem stronger makes you look like you're screaming into the wind for anyone to listen and hate on the developer, who has already put out 7(?) releases of this game that you enjoy.

You are spitting in the face of the, potentially, hundreds of render hours, and easily dozens of hours spent writing this story.

Instead you should be approaching it with grace.

"Wow Veqvil, it really sucks that you're going through some shit right now. I hope you get better and can continue this game because that would make me, and everyone else in this thread, really happy. I understand if you can't though life can be really tough sometimes. Not that my opinion actually matters since I am literally some random stranger on the Internet that you don't know who has really enjoyed what you've made so far."

Instead, you only spout how bitter you are that the games that you like keep getting abandoned. Because everything in the world, and especially in the places you visit on the internet, only exist to make you happy.

That being said, I get it. The scenario that I listed above regarding depression is the scenario I have lived with every day of my life for the last 25 years. Life Sucks. End. Of. Story.

Sometimes you just want to rage at something because you're getting fucked in the ass by a 15 inch long sand paper covered donkey dildo and life didn't have the courtesy to even ASK if what was going on was ok with you.

But doing that doesn't make life better. It can only spread your misery to other people, and if someone, in this case Veqvil, is in fact going through that level of shit too... Can you HONESTLY expect him to come back, read that much essentially, verbal abuse and want to continue making this game that you claim to enjoy?

Honestly, I'd expect him to go: "You know what? This community fucking sucks. I'm done making anything, they can all rot in hell for all I care."

That really seems counter productive to me.

Personally, I'd rather him come back, read a shitload of support from fans of his game and be inspired to return that good faith by making more of this game.

Is that naive? Probably. As you said, there a tons of games that I really like that get dropped for no apparent reason.

Hell, I've helped on a few of them.

One of them I still try and get into contact with the game dev every 6 months or so. It's been three years since i've heard even a peep. That dev was going through shit, and for all I know may have offed herself. I mean, I don't actually think she did. Last I heard she was getting married. But I will never know, and it sucks. At the same time if she is still out there, and happens to read this... fucking check your tfgames site messages and at least let me know you're alive. :p

So, in short:
Check your entitlement. The games on this site are free, you are owed nothing.
Try to be as positive as possible. It really is the only way to make things better. Always try to assume positive intent.
If you are having thoughts of harming yourself or others, get professional help ASAP. While you may not believe it, I know I don't some days, someone out there actually does want to see you tomorrow. Yes, even if you're an asshole.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Oh. Thanks for the warning. I just hate it when people feel the need to poison a community by stirring up shit that really, in the long run, not only doesn't fucking matter but is so obviously being used simply to cause drama.
The problem with this is that in the past 90% of the predictions proved to be on point, that's why people tend to jump to this conclusion instead of giving someone the benefit of the doubt and since Slipknot we all know people = shit, that's why everyone assumes the worst.
I don't support him or anyone on patreon since at least half the devs untrustworthy scumbags and the whole concept of patreon is bullshit, but if he is indeed recovering from something severe there is no need to bash him for anything. Speaking the truth about the whole thing so others might be warned beforehand is something totally different though and to stop taking money from people for basically nothing would be the decent way to deal with the situation, especially if someone feels soooooo bad about it in the first place.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I'm not interested in anything except playing these games, but I've seen too many games that I've been enjoying a lot going nowhere.

I really enjoyed LaS. I really loved it. Anyway, I'm 1000% sure that this game is dead. Period.

So I'm really disappointed. That's it.
This is the kind of post I wish you'd made sooner. Perfectly reasonable and free of bilious content. As Smisenost said earlier, you're free to feel the way you do. I wouldn't have said anything if at first it didn't manifest as a cackstorm.
Now if only the other naysayers could follow your example we may have some sense of civility here. But then I remember where we are and realise this sentiment is highly improbable.
I don't support him or anyone on patreon since at least half the devs untrustworthy scumbags and the whole concept of patreon is bullshit
I support two patreon creators because I can believe they will see their project through to completion. One because they've got a track record of doing so and the other because he keeps in contact with his fans and patrons. Communication goes a long way. And also because I can afford to do so.
I was undecided whether to financially support them or not until they hit V0.5 as from then on it's the homeward stretch.
I won't deny that a vast number of Patreon creators are unworthy of time or support but every so often you find a gem.

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
The problem with this is that in the past 90% of the predictions proved to be on point, that's why people tend to jump to this conclusion instead of giving someone the benefit of the doubt and since Slipknot we all know people = shit, that's why everyone assumes the worst.
I understand where you're coming from. Personally, I feel that the 90% number is probably a bit high, and that it is also inflated (perhaps only slightly) due to the negative attitude the people have on things like this.

The internet has literally always been a place where it is easier to bash, badmouth, and insult people due to the inherit perceived anonymity.

As someone who has worked in customer facing positions for the vast majority of my life I can tell you unequivocally that if you remove the threat of imediate and forceful retaliation (a punch to the face or kick to the groin) people will drop civility very quickly. The more removed that threat is (strictly psychologically speaking) the more likely people are to be nasty. This extends into meat space too. I can't remember where I read it but there was a study about how cultures that used masks for violence were significantly more brutal than cultures that didn't. If I can find it (and remember) in the next week I'll update this post if anyone is interested... Full disclosure, the likelihood of me finding it again is pretty slim as it's been like 10 years or so since I read it.

I don't support him or anyone on patreon since at least half the devs untrustworthy scumbags and the whole concept of patreon is bullshit, but if he is indeed recovering from something severe there is no need to bash him for anything.
A) I only support people on Paetron for one month at a time. Donate, then cancel. that way I know exactly what I'm getting and I don't wind up just throwing money away to devs that are milking the fire and forget style subscription that virtually everywhere uses now. I remember back when subscriptions over the internet were a single month at a time. I miss those days, at the same time for certain things the fire and forget subscription is very useful.

B) The second part of that first clause is exactly what I was talking about regarding Trapezio's posts. It's ok to to feel taken advantage of, but you literally don't know anything about what's going on in their life. It doesn't do anyone any good to call people "untrustworthy scumbags". The point, in this case, your view on the matter is made perfectly fine with "I don't support him or anyone on patreon since at least half the devs are untrustowrthy and the whole concept of patreon is bullshit."

Speaking the truth about the whole thing so others might be warned beforehand is something totally different though and to stop taking money from people for basically nothing would be the decent way to deal with the situation, especially if someone feels soooooo bad about it in the first place.
Here's the kicker: while your statement is technically correct; it isn't actually right. (And no. Technically correct isn't actually the best kind of correct regardless of what the shit posting memelords would have you believe.) The simple fact is that we literally don't know what the truth of the matter is. Since we don't actually KNOW the truth anything anyone says regarding this (or any other content producer on the internet for the most part) is strictly conjecture. We are guessing at their motives. If we knew the truth, then making sure that the truth was known is great... but we, in general, don't know the truth. We only know what is said.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be an asshole to you Lotex, or anyone else really for that matter. I'm just trying to illustrate how pervasive the thought process that causes the shitty behavior I'm trying to fight against is. I don't think your heart was in the wrong place with what you were saying; just that you may not realize how what you were saying actually comes across.

caldess

Nov 12, 2017
See, i get that you are somewhat upset, because something you enjoyed suddenly stoped delivering. And im talking about the Game that you enjoyed that delivered joy to you.

And i can also see that not everyone out there knows what Mental health issues mean, and what for an Impact they can have on your life. Even tho i have to say, the amount of people dealing with mental health issues increases at an alarming rate (to the point were i personaly wonder why our society still acts as if its some rare thing that was heared of). Anyway, i can tell you from own expierence, if what the Dev wrote is true, he was probably at some point happy that he got out of bed and managed to get some food in his body on a daily basis, and maybe used the shower once a week (and thats optimistic). If you have a mental breakdown for whatever reason, and you hit rock bottom. Trust me you think about stuff like talking to your friends, going outside, well even releasing a release of a game you work on. But you might as well think about climbing on top of the Everest in your swimshorts, because thats as likely to happen as anything else. And because you basically stop doing ANYTHING, you start to feel guilty. Then you feel guilty because you didnt talk to your friends for 2/4/6 weeks, and the guilt grows, and the mountain gets higher and higher and higher. To the point were you are scared of talking to your friends because you think they are angry with you, when in fact real friends are not angry, but worried about your wellbeing, and will be happy to hear from you. Sure some will act weird, but not everyone can deal with a situation like this as "good" as others.

Anyway, what im trying to say is the following, patients is something that we almost completely lost as Humand beings. Amazon didnt deliver the next day? SCANDAL, tar and feahter them!!! And so on, we comunicate trough the internet at the speed of light, we are not really made for that. We want immediate responses, immediate results, immediate fixes, but in the end we focus so much on it that we tend to forget that its just a game we talk about, no more, no less.
If the Dev as he wrote, now is in Proffesional hands that help him to climb back on top of his Mountain, the least we can do, is have respect that he actually told the Public about it (thats already a HUGE step), and then be patient and wish him the best.

I don't support him or anyone on patreon since at least half the devs untrustworthy scumbags and the whole concept of patreon is bullshit, but if he is indeed recovering from something severe there is no need to bash him for anything. Speaking the truth about the whole thing so others might be warned beforehand is something totally different though and to stop taking money from people for basically nothing would be the decent way to deal with the situation, especially if someone feels soooooo bad about it in the first place.
You assumption is pretty biased and subjective, Patreon is in regards to People like the Dev of this game, the smaller brother of a Startup. He the Dev has an Idea about Product X that he thinks is needed/wanted, he produces a Prototype/a Demo and shows it to the Public. Now he needs to live somewhere and maybe even eat at some point, so to make this Vision become reality he needs Financial support. Now through Patreon, you can should you like his Product, support him with some Money.
Now if you have some money to spare, you lets say give him 20$ for a month. If 50 others do the same he gets around 1000$ that Month, i dont know how much a month costs where you live, but when i would get 1000$ from Patreon i would still work a half day Job so i can Pay my stuff. Now nothing in life goes as planned, so the first month might be great for the dev and he gets a lot of stuff done, but the second or third is shit and you cancel, so do maybe 20 others because they are dissapointed.
That means the dev suddenly misses 600$ to pay rent or stuff, while still having to deliver something good, otherwise he mightt miss 800$ next month because even more cancel. Now this is where the spiral can begin, the dev now if he has some spare money, might go on for a month or two and work hard on the game and delivers something the people enjoy, and maybe gets more people on patreon to pay him something. But after like 2-3 months of no change, he will have to look for a fulltime job or lose his appartment/house, and we ignore here for a moment that a dev might as well have family which inculdes kids and stuff. If you have that, you wont take a lot of unnesessary risks. But in the end our Dev gets a Fulltime job, can again pay his rent, but the game, the vision slowly fades away.
Whats left? a couple of people who complain on forums what a scumbag the dev is and that they KNEW IT FROM THE BEGINING (funny enough, they knew it but still payed him money.. talk about throwing money out the window.. not something someone who is apparently as smart as they claim to be, would do).

However, in the end no one was forced to pay a single cent to anyone, some people wanted to support a game Dev, because they liked his game. But just because you support someone, which means you payed money for it. Does not mean that there is any contract that says : I have the right to receive a finished product. But we are raised that way arent we? If you study you get (good) grades, if you work you get payed, and if you pay for something you therefore (demand) expect to get something to show around.

Now the Kicker, to some Degree Patreon is like Startups, a investment risk. Roughly 90% of all Startups fail, but people who work in the Investment business, are very well aware of those risks, and still take them, because there is also a potential for a HUGE gain. Now sure when you pay a Dev for an erotic game, there is probably zero chance that you end up Rich at some point, and rather you can jerk of a couple of times. But thats why you also did not invest 10k-100k$ but maybe 5-100$ , however the big difference is, that people invest in patreon and are shocked by the fact that the project failed, even tho it is obvious that there is risk involved. And then they get angry, for whatever reason.
And last but not least, you only very rarely hear successful stories, we live in the age of fear/anger/hate/dumbshitwhatsoever.
If someone payed a guy on patreon 5$ and that guy stops doing whatever he did, you will find a Reddit thread about it, thats as safe of a bet as that the Sun rises in the morning. But almost no one ever writes something when something works, because.. well that was expected AT LEAST!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111oneoneone

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes