the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
can you update walkthrough for lastest version please
this post is not targetting you personally, but...
guys, do you even read the posts by the dev or involved persons?
you have the dialogue between the characters and a questlog
what do you expect from the walkthrough, how to use the questlog or how to process the said dialogue?

Nov 2, 2017
this post is not targetting you personally, but...
guys, do you even read the posts by the dev or involved persons?
you have the dialogue between the characters and a questlog
what do you expect from the walkthrough, how to use the questlog or how to process the said dialogue?
I agree, if you read the dialogue and the interactions with items when clicking them combined the quest log it tells you everything you need to know for this game. the only point in a walkthrough still would be if you're trying to get the ending you want but with the game not finished yet, that's even still pointless for now.

Cluney Blues

Jan 26, 2018
Actually, that's not true. It just tells us that people are too fucking lazy to read a well written story. It just tells us they didn't care enough to read what the MC or anyone else said because the switches and everything get mentioned in the game, also what you have to do at each step with the lamp outside and so on and so forth.... It's also just telling us whoever is going to write the walkthrough can spend their time with something better since it's a damn waste of it. The switches got explained about 100x in this thread alone, not counting the walkthrough, the ingame hints, the questlog.....
So yeah.... it just tells us the world doesn't need another walkthrough for LaS it needs players who "read" a visual "novel"... Quite shocking I know ;) Who would've thought that a game made in a visual novel engine would have text that players have to read? :D
if you read what mc says and use the quest log, both properly then they do a great job of helping you. the only time the dialog and quest log combo doesn't help you with the how well is moms document and that just because they document is soo dam small its hard to see under there lol
First of all, have you tried playing the game on a Windows tablet? There, you don't have the "luxury" to hover the mouse over the scene and find the "active" spots. In that case, there is no way you will find the lamp, Amy's notebook or mom's documents!
About the lamp, before you find Adam's floor plan, it doesn't give you any hint. Each time you click on it, MC says "I actually never saw that light functioning...". So, you have to GUESS that something has changed and click on the lamp again AFTER you have read the floor plan.
Also, would the quest log say that, to get the HJ from mom you have to put Amy's diary in her room? I bet most people missed that scene and don't even know it!

But those are minor problems. The most important one is that the game is pretty strict with the available paths and the choices you have to make. One wrong choice and you are out of the path, resulting to another "lost" playthrough. That's why @Barioz wisely created his character-based walkthrough.
When I first played LaS, ti was v0.05 (IIRC) and, as always, I tried not using the walkthrough. I finished the game without viewing ANY sexual content at all. But, back then, each playthrough was quite short so I didn't mind playing a couple more times. Now, as the game grows longer and the branching gets wider, people who get "lost" between the paths will be really frustrated. That's why a waklthrough would be very useful.

And having people searching a 400-page thread for an answer is not a solution. It's a problem!

I'm not going to spend any more time trying to persuade some people for what I consider obvious. I just wish that you stop calling people "fucking lazy" just because they don't want to spend on a game as much time as you do.

Raidenx

Oct 9, 2017
uhm, where are Mom's Documents? I looked everywhere but I can't find them. Is that a bug? (the quest log doesn'T say it's work in progress)

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
uhm, where are Mom's Documents? I looked everywhere but I can't find them. Is that a bug? (the quest log doesn'T say it's work in progress)
I think you're failing cuz instead of showing the file from the front its shown from the side. Try attic right lower corner and a green thin clickable item

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
BTW wanted to say awesome game and became instant fan and instant follower. Will keep watching. Its now one of my fav game.. Cheers guys !

Dec 26, 2017
In the garden. There is a lamp post in the far corner. Dig that out to find the switch.
Except...if you've waited too long and Carol is outside on the patio at night you can't do that. In the day you get "I'll have to check it out at night" and at night you "Yup it's broken" and at all times you get "I don't need to garden" when you access the trowel.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I believe the lamp part it go's like this find, blueprint, click lamp at day get told you should check it at night, so check at night and yup its not working, next day in daylight check again says you need something to loosen it or something, go to garage get trowle off wall go back dig it up, it says its broken but theres a button on it or somthing like that and its done now go do other switchs atleast this is what i remeber doing for the lamp

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Ok, just finished playing this and I must say...
you are a goddamned genius!
The game had almost everything I love in it - mystery, action, great twists and epic characters! Ok, ok, one by one.

What I liked:
The story is interesting and intriguing. Rarely in such a game do I spend time thinking about "What the hell is going on" without being frustrated. Great balance between hints, mysteries and reveals. Just great!

The characters are epic (I'm horrible with names, so excuse me):
Mom is the weakest character by far, IMO. And I didn't care!!! I just have a feeling I'm about to learn more and more about her and I'll love what I learn!
The sister is the cliche shy-dorky-little-sis... and I give no fucks. She is adorable. I want to hug her and kiss her and make her happy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The best friend (JJ) is a best friend. His mail and his gift in the start of the game were cool establishing character moments. Also, as every best friend he came to check on me. Not much after that, but I'm optimistic.
Lily? The best friend sister is a sweet little thing. I wanna help her. And I don't care about her condition (something that usually bothers me in such games).
The neighbors (Bannors? Whatever) did a lot for the story.
The other characters... not enough of them to decide, but I kind of like most of them.

The humor. Oh, man, the humor...
It's cool, well-placed, has a lot of references that made me laugh and helps with the overall fun of the game. Also... well, You'll have hard time making me believe Eric was named by chance! :)

I also must say, that while I don't care as much for the quality of the graphics, I really enjoyed them.

Quest system is really helpful! Especially for not making me wander around as an idiot, trying to progress some line that is not finished.

"Meh" things:
Time-management in the more sandbox part of the game is... not great. I can literally do one thing per day.
All the clicking to go to that place in the hospital is not nice.
I hate hunting for hidden objects. But that's me. Gladly there is a great walktrough to avoid those things.

Things I don't like:
I can't just go to sleep and wake up in a year to play a much more complete (or even fully complete) version of the game. :(

As a whole. The story is interesting and intriguing. Rarely in such a game do I spend time thinking about "What the hell is going on" without being frustrated. Great balance between hints, mysteries and reveals. The gameplay is clunky at places, but otherwise solid, even if there is hidden objects in it. The characters are cool, graphics are good. It's probably my favorite unfinished adult game at this point. Hell, I usually always go on dominant paths and I didn't care I didn't have a fucktoy or two in an hour. Great work.

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes