zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
Well maybe he has 30 mins per day and maybe he actually uses them, I mean we don't know it. The question is where on his Patreon does it say, that he releases an update in a certein time? You don't support him there, so he dishes out updates every month. You support him for his creation there and you get the rewards of the tiers you pledge for. It doesn't matter if he puts out an update monthly, weekly or every two years. It isn't stated anywhere. So if he takes too long for a supporter, he just has to cancel his pledge. Easy as that.

Of course it would be great to get an update more often. I am totally on you side with that. But I pledged him for the work he did, that he still does and that he will do.
When did I say that you're obligated to stop supporting him? Do whatever you want with your money. I'm just saying that the typical excuses don't make sense to me, that's all.

Maybe it takes longer than 30 minutes per each render. And maybe he can't leave the computer on to do its thing while he's out of the house, who knows, lots of reasons. But seriously, since you don't know what the hold up is, and neither do I for that matter, it's best to stop speculating, and especially stop with these messages of yours.
If he worked for 30 minutes for 6 months that would mean over 4k hours. So you're either telling me that this guy is so busy he can't afford 30 minutes a day to work on the game, or that 4k hours are not enough to finish this game. So which is it?

And I'll post whatever message I fucking want, bro.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
When did I say that you're obligated to stop supporting him? Do whatever you want with your money. I'm just saying that the typical excuses don't make sense to me, that's all.

If he worked for 30 minutes for 6 months that would mean over 4k hours. So you're either telling me that this guy is so busy he can't afford 30 minutes a day to work on the game, or that 4k hours are not enough to finish this game. So which is it?

And I'll post whatever message I fucking want, bro.
Well, you do what you want with your time. I tried to have you see reason and to be more reasonable, but clearly that's pointless, so I choose not to waste any more of my time, so you have a good day.

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
yeah thats the whole point isnt it? supporting @veqvil for what he is doing not for every update, thats why so many of us sticking in with him and just wait for next release, sure its hard because i for example miss my girls very much but hate comments wont help with finishing the game any sooner it can only slow him down. he is under enough pressure if you ask me and if im not mistaken Veq is perfectionist like me so it will take some time. Thats maybe why for me its easier to understand him. Just wait or stop supporting him, sure no one wants you to go because it wont help finish the game sooner but no one will stop you either...

willembever22

Jan 8, 2018
Top of his page goes like this:
"
LAS 0.08 WORKLOG (Updated: 20. Feb)
CURRENTLY:

Testing "new" in-game features. (Prob have to leave out Becky? Let's see.)

NEXT:
Becky Submission content (Secondary Vote winner) (groundwork is done, but if it makes into the game will be determined on upcoming process
"
He should be in the middle of his "upcoming process" - guess a month or two in Lav Vegas to play the winning hand and have his fortune read in order to decide if Becky in or out ... Happy days!
1551709633595.png

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
Well, you do what you want with your time. I tried to have you see reason and to be more reasonable, but clearly that's pointless, so I choose not to waste any more of my time, so you have a good day.
No, you didn't try that at all. You basically said that I shouldn't question you and the other posters here that keep spamming how the dev has only completely valid reasons for delaying every update.

When I broke it down into numbers for you and then asked a direct question, you immediately gave up on the conversation while pretending to have some moral high ground.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
No, you didn't try that at all. You basically said that I shouldn't question you and the other posters here that keep spamming how the dev has only completely valid reasons for delaying every update.

When I broke it down into numbers for you and then asked a direct question, you immediately gave up on the conversation while pretending to have some moral high ground.
No, you were questioning the dev's work morale and ethics, at one point even said that all he's doing is milking like Gumdrop.
I on the other hand gave you multiple reasons why it could be that the update is taking so long to be ready for release.
But you refuse all of the reasons, saying none of them is a valid reason (which, by the way, they are) and so on.
But nope, you stick to your own beliefs and refuse to consider any other possibilities, your mind is set to believing the worst, you're a pessimist. And this whole conversation is pointless, it's going nowhere and it won't go anywhere, you're not open to possibilities, you just want to think the worst, so I refuse to continue this any further.

Have a good day and take it easy.

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
No, you were questioning the dev's work morale and ethics, at one point even said that all he's doing is milking like Gumdrop.
I on the other hand gave you multiple reasons why it could be that the update is taking so long to be ready for release.
But you refuse all of the reasons, saying none of them is a valid reason (which, by the way, they are) and so on.
But nope, you stick to your own beliefs and refuse to consider any other possibilities, your mind is set to believing the worst, you're a pessimist. And this whole conversation is pointless, it's going nowhere and it won't go anywhere, you're not open to possibilities, you just want to think the worst, so I refuse to continue this any further.

Yeah stopping it, before the mods do it is also better ;)

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017

I never compared him to gumdrop. You're mistaking me for another poster.

My stance is that the dev lost passion for making the game. I do not believe there is anything physically keeping him from working on it more.

I asked you a question in order for you to explain why you disagree, but all you do is throw tantrums about how people shouldn't be allowed to question your narrative. Turning it around and calling me irrational doesn't help your argument at all.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018

My stance is that the dev lost passion for making the game. I do not believe there is anything physically keeping him from working on it more.

I asked you a question in order for you to explain why you disagree, but all you do is throw tantrums about how people shouldn't be allowed to question your narrative. Turning it around and calling me irrational doesn't help your argument at all.
Except I'm doing none of that, I'm constantly saying that even I don't know the facts, don't know why it's taking the dev this long, all I'm giving is possible reasons.
Yeah okay, I mistook you for the person comparing Veqvil to Gumdrop, sorry about that.
Why I disagree? I disagree simply because while the latest post on the dev's Patreon page was around January, the status of the current update's progressed has changed several times since then, at the top of the page, where it says that the update is being tested, before that it said that the dev is finishing up the script for the update and getting the renders done, so the dev is definitely working on the update.
Yes it's true, the dev could post update news on the Patreon page more regularly, but he's a lot more active on his Discord and most of his fans are probably there so they probably know what's what, I'm not there myself or I could give you facts.
But if I recall right, the dev is a student in college, so studies takes a huge portion of his time, having to make sure he won't fail classes, pass them with as good grades as possible, which is a pretty damn valid reason why updates may take more time than he'd like, it is what it is.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017

I wish to see your game.. I bet you would keep weekly updates , an interesting story and good coding, and the renders will be divine. Oh wait.. people like you don't do that.. bitchihg is easier. Veqvil on the other hand is trying but the cards are stacked against hin

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
I wish to see your game.. I bet you would keep weekly updates , an interesting story and good coding, and the renders will be divine. Oh wait.. people like you don't do that.. bitchihg is easier. Veqvil on the other hand is trying but the cards are stacked against hin
I don't understand how people can make this argument ad infinitum as if it's such a solid counter. Can I only complain about food if I'm a chef? Can I only criticize a movie if I'm a filmmaker? I can only determine that a story is bad if I'm a writer? Give me a break.

Except I'm doing none of that, I'm constantly saying that even I don't know the facts, don't know why it's taking the dev this long, all I'm giving is possible reasons.
Yeah okay, I mistook you for the person comparing Veqvil to Gumdrop, sorry about that.
Why I disagree? I disagree simply because while the latest post on the dev's Patreon page was around January, the status of the current update's progressed has changed several times since then, at the top of the page, where it says that the update is being tested, before that it said that the dev is finishing up the script for the update and getting the renders done, so the dev is definitely working on the update.
Yes it's true, the dev could post update news on the Patreon page more regularly, but he's a lot more active on his Discord and most of his fans are probably there so they probably know what's what, I'm not there myself or I could give you facts.
But if I recall right, the dev is a student in college, so studies takes a huge portion of his time, having to make sure he won't fail classes, pass them with as good grades as possible, which is a pretty damn valid reason why updates may take more time than he'd like, it is what it is.
I don't care how often he posts on his patreon. If the guy really wanted to work on the game, I do not believe he has a physical impediment. He clearly has a computer that can render pretty well, he clearly has at least 1 source of money from patreon that can allow him to spend the extra money on the electricity bill to keep the computer open for rendering, and he is doing nothing but a Renpy VN with DAZ models.

I like the game, bro, but the dev has no good excuses for why it's taking this long.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I don't understand how people can make this argument ad infinitum as if it's such a solid counter. Can I only complain about food if I'm a chef? Can I only criticize a movie if I'm a filmmaker? I can only determine that a story is bad if I'm a writer? Give me a break.

I don't care how often he posts on his patreon. If the guy really wanted to work on the game, I do not believe he has a physical impediment. He clearly has a computer that can render pretty well, he clearly has at least 1 source of money from patreon that can allow him to spend the extra money on the electricity bill to keep the computer open for rendering, and he is doing nothing but a Renpy VN with DAZ models.

I like the game, bro, but the dev has no good excuses for why it's taking this long.
Your complains have nothing to do with the game's quality nor content

Reactions: kinkybastard

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Yeah, I know. I was talking about how the dev takes way too long to update. Did you even read the comment chain, or did you just decide to butt into the conversation for no reason?
I agree that the dev takes way too long to update. But bitching about it here isn't going to do anything. In fact, it's been done a bunch before, and it's getting tiresome to see the same complaints. Yeah, it sucks. But we can't do anything about it.

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
I agree that the dev takes way too long to update. But bitching about it here isn't going to do anything. In fact, it's been done a bunch before, and it's getting tiresome to see the same complaints. Yeah, it sucks. But we can't do anything about it.
Complaining about the complaints doesn't do much either, so what's your point?

But that makes my original response even more valid
No, it doesn't.

Reactions: supermanz95

Franky2t

Jan 10, 2018
I am not taking sides here but at the very least I believe that Veq is long due for at the very least posting a message either on his Patreon or here

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes