Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
He should move over in
hope county.jpg
We all hope he can adjust to job hunting like any other adult programmer.
We all dream of travelling the globe in search of a place to settle down.
Hope for a good life and a genuinely fantastic game to reflect a gorgeous life.

jhose15xs

Sep 1, 2017
is something curious how many new and old devs have depression,mental,health and social issues lately, i mean, i see many devs falling down for the same hill, idk if is something in the coffee or whatever but is getting so much common lately and is starting to get worrying

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
is something curious how many new and old devs have depression,mental,health and social issues lately, i mean, i see many devs falling down for the same hill, idk if is something in the coffee or whatever but is getting so much common lately and is starting to get worrying
At the end of the day we're all human, there's no telling when and who might have something going on in their personal lives, unless they tell you, best to just give them time to get things on the right track and support them (mental support if nothing else) and hope for the best, and of course wait patiently :)

Hzy

Jan 30, 2019
Something in the past must have hurt him deeply. Getting rid of such a memory is like denying his own personality, which will be very painful and repeated. I hope he can find someone to talk to.

yueziyue

May 12, 2018
finally a sad news.
It's almost the best game in this forum,the dev did very well.
but game it's not the whole thing in life.
we can wait till the dev back.

Mhacxk

Nov 3, 2017
well saw that coming good dev start but bad ending welp there still milfy city to follow tnx for all ur hard work veqvil may ur game rest in peace

dd209

Aug 2, 2017
Well, at least he's honest about it instead of making up shit about technical obstacles or family issues or whatever. Has he actually frozen the Patreon though? He shouldn't be accepting any more donations.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well, at least he's honest about it instead of making up shit about technical obstacles or family issues or whatever. Has he actually frozen the Patreon though? He shouldn't be accepting any more donations.
Well that is up to him, but every patron knows the situation now and some may will want to keep supporting him for a bit. Others will draw their conclusion and stop supporting, next billing is far enough away still.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I hate to say I told you so, but fuck it, I told you so
Well time will tell, but we all know very few devs are able to get back from situations like this and pick up developing again after. I really hope Veq will be one of the exceptions and he will find the professional help needed to change things around.

Also people sometimes feel they support people cause they like them and those people are in a bad part of their lives, just as some people support people to gather money for an operation or legal fees on the internet. Yeah those still supporting him after this will not do so to get an update for the next month, but for their own reasons so it is fair enough.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
I think it has more to do with the added stress these games cause. For me I was doing about 110 hours a week of work when i was doing DA. When I began Broken Dreamers I am forcing myself to top out at 90. After a year in a half of 100 hour weeks it begins to add up and your mental state is just flat out going to break down. It is probably another reason why more established dev will slow a bit, mentally they just can't keep that pace. Like, monthly releases are a thing of the past for me. If i kept doing those I would burn out. Veq had the extra pressure of doing something really complex for his game which would have compounded any real life issues he had with the stress of trying to meet deadlines for the game and his real life work.

Now I have to go to my day job :|

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Too bad what happened i hope he gets better soon. i only wish he comunicetd this sooner instead of just posting on his patreon a release date with was never gonna happen. when he placed the februari release he should have put the onhold right their. I think he waited too long and may have done more harm to himself. instead of coming out clean when he felt down.

I only hope that this is not easy way out. like an excuse other devs been using. Right now dev like Aorrta comes to mind witch is not a geood sign.

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes