Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Generally, on this site, it's always the non-patrons that are annoyed. The rest of us yak on Discord.

I was just mentioning to someone on here earlier today that more people on F95 are good dudes and dudettes, but the ones who aren't do tend to be pretty loud in their accusations and faux outrage.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I was just mentioning to someone on here earlier today that more people on F95 are good dudes and dudettes, but the ones who aren't do tend to be pretty loud in their accusations and faux outrage.
That's pretty much true everywhere...

Reactions: Xumeey

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, real life can be a bitch, but there is a trend among WEGs developers
-Make a few updates
-Gain some patrons
-Stop development but keep Patreon open
-Onhold/Abandoned while still charging monthly
But eh, you can withdraw your pledge anytime :ROFLMAO:
Look at Pandelo, developer of My Sweet Neighbours, real life problems = stop charging patrons, It doesn't seem that hard to me.

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
-Make a few updates
-Gain some patrons
Look at Pandelo, developer of My Sweet Neighbours, real life problems = stop charging patrons, It doesn't seem that hard to me.
As much as I want to say something against it, it still is true that a creator could totally pause charging on Patreon. But I am at least glad veq says that he will take a pause, that way Patrons can at least decide what they do in that time. But yeah definitly not perfect! But better then the ones that go silent for good and let their Patreon still run :D

Symenu

Feb 20, 2018
It's sad that I played this game today and damn it was a good one sadly Veq has his own probelms, hope all goes well uwu

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
onhold ?? wth happened ?
Veq has some personal issues he's dealing with, but he WILL return to develop the game when he's feeling better, his love for the game hasn't died out, he just need to sort his stuff first so that they stop weighing on his shoulders and can be in a good place and feel better, that's ultimately all that matters :)

SyddSparty

May 13, 2018
Yes, while continuing to take money for nothing, he does not forget. You guys are so naive. I really do not like this trend, shameful for the whole industry. Some developers abandon their game barely starting, but but don't talk about it, keep silent and continue to take money.
Well, I finished the discussion, sorry if my words insulted someone, but I am sure of one thing: I am telling the truth. Unpleasant, but true. You are too trusting.
Tch. I was sipping tea and peacefully reading the debate until your last line got my OCD kicking in.

Bold words for stating something is true. Are you claiming you know something we don't? Do you know Veq is lying or making excuses? Are you perhaps his roommate and you can say such things with absolute certainty about naivete? I highly doubt it.

Your perspective is based on your own experiences and while I do agree with you to some extent I'm not going to pin someone right to the wall and accuse them straight up about something when I have 0 idea about their perspective and/or experiences... You're free to do what you want with your money if you support him. Veq can pause patreon like he has before but he didn't. Those points are very valid, but accusing someone by claiming something is the truth when you have zero idea about the dev's perspective? Yeah, that's kind of a low blow and makes you seem very condescending.

Reactions: Banshee647

401Grem

May 14, 2017
-Make a few updates
-Gain some patrons
So the patrons can't think for themselves and should be controlled?

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
What could happen next is once he do come back he may never get the full patreon support he once had. and still abandon the game later on. i have seen this many time and all of them ended badly. Good example was the game named: Ethan's legacy.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
The Irony here is I'm 99.9% sure Those that criticize never actually supported his game in the first place. Second, doubt any of them had made a game before our a game that took serious effort to make. Could he pause his patreon? yes if he is not working on the game at all right now. That would be normal etiquette. However, it is getting harder for those of us that do monthly updates to justify them as people want more content in less time and want monthly updates that work without bugs too. games released on patreon are Alpha's or Beta's unless stated otherwise.

skullker

Sep 29, 2017
The whole situation really reminds me of teachers pet. I wonder if it well end up like it as well. I hope the jealous russian superhacker will return. :cool:

Reactions: Trapezio

monk61

Dec 4, 2017
Veq, take yer time man, life can get pretty weird sometimes. Tbh, ive been awaiting your work, its worth the wait, but its just a game afterall, and if or when it continues, im sure I'll enjoy it again. Be well homeslice

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes