03abc

Oct 3, 2017
Developer job was quite honest and very well respected back in a days. Now it's a trash and they are racing who will milk more patrons. Excuses, excuses, excuses just to milk the patrons.
True he was very active and respected here at the beginning. This was imo the most promising game when it first came out, along with My sweet neighbors and Teacher pets.
what are you talking about?
Light03 gave good explanation on this topic.
When Veq was silent for a year, many of his supporters justified this by saying that he was depressed and did not even care about money. But during this period (October 2019) there was a case when a patreon blocked his page for some reason. Veq immediately found time to resolve the issue with Patreon and return his free income.

As for his new message, I can't find other words than an escalation of impudence. He no longer even makes up stories about personal problems. He simply says openly "I have not done anything, I do not plan to do anything in the near future, thanks for your money, I do not mind if you give me more." Well, people seem to like being treated like moneybags.
This reason was incest, just look at description of the plot on his patreon. It's about returning to your landlandies, and not family like earlier and in op of this thread. Also from 0.08 changelog:
As standard you will adress Carol as "Landlady" and call her "Carol", she will adress you as "Tenant".
As standard you will adress Amy as "Roommate" and she will adress you as "Roommate".

Reactions: Game Bond

KR.Lee

Nov 23, 2017
No~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the first time the mother sex scene has appeared, but what is the situation!!!!

KillaMonka

Aug 5, 2016
When i first found out the game and i was amazed by it (mostly by the unique models). I remember talking to the dev about him not overextending himself with too many paths, because i was afraid something like this would happen. This is now the third game i was really a fun of and was considering being a patron, that for some reason imploded and i really don't know what to make of it then know what you're capable of making and keeping it simple for your first go around in developing a game.

Last edited:

albul

Jun 8, 2017
He didn't pause his patreon, so I expect he'll start working on the game again when he drops under 200 patrons, just like last time. Then release the update, stop working on it and start the process over. Can't say I fault him for it, it's maximum return for minimum effort. I can't wait to read the white knighting that will ensue from people thinking he actually worked on the game since the last update. But you do you, it's somewhat entertaining coming back to this thread every few months.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
He didn't pause his patreon, so I expect he'll start working on the game again when he drops under 200 patrons, just like last time. Then release the update, stop working on it and start the process over. Can't say I fault him for it, it's maximum return for minimum effort.
Yep, that's trendy. Nothing to do about that, stop paying them or don't pay them at all, and you good. If their patrons are happy to pay a dev to sit on his ass all day and give nothing in return, it's their business. Never paid scammers like Scamdrop, Aorrta, ICSTOR, and our boi Veq, never will. Or I'll pay them after the games are completed depending on how good those games were.

Problem is, others will do the same. Why should they keep working on a game, if they can dev it 'till it's half completed or it makes enough money, and then start milking the patrons. Taking another look at LaS, the coding and the shitload of routes it has, I wonder if the dev ever intended to finish it or he just tried to do a Dual Family 2.0 piggy bank with supernatural shit. I understand that the dude may have RL shit to deal with, everybody has problems/jobs IRL, but the least he can do is to keep working on the game and remove some of those paths that most players probably don't give a shit to play.

It's the main reason patrons keep paying these scammers, to make them reconsider abandoning their projects, continue working on them and finish them, eventually. If he keeps taking his supporters' money, he owes them to do at least that. I appreciate the sincerity, he said he'll probably (or most likely) abandon it again, that's not something you'll see posted by the aforementioned 3 scammers.

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Omg a Burn out ??!! Even with excuses he's late. Burnout is a 2019 excuses. (How someone can have a burnout without produce something? or maybe he's playing all the day at Burnout on PS4 and that's why he do nothing ?)

2022 for he's next game : I have Covid guys.

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes