Mr_Sel

Mar 16, 2018
Its abandoned. Such a waste.
For me the sad part is that, like many other creators, he was struggling with renpy coding. That's the part where he could have actually ask community for help. Maybe even making LaS open source (it's not like most renpy games have even basic code protection anyway).
The value in those games are renders and stories, so it's a shame that artists often feel like they need to do implement everything on their own, wasting hours on technical problems instead of creating more content which is probably more fun for them. Heh, he was not the first and probably won't be the last.

Shiftlock

Aug 21, 2019
well its sad man this game never finish i kind regret of playing it i got some of my hope restored when he update it but then nothing its very frustrating i wish i have the resourser to maybe make a version of this game

Jul 29, 2021
For me the sad part is that, like many other creators, he was struggling with renpy coding. That's the part where he could have actually ask community for help. Maybe even making LaS open source (it's not like most renpy games have even basic code protection anyway).
The value in those games are renders and stories, so it's a shame that artists often feel like they need to do implement everything on their own, wasting hours on technical problems instead of creating more content which is probably more fun for them. Heh, he was not the first and probably won't be the last.
If the dev had problems and burnout due to programming and technical difficulties, then he could have maybe hired a coder for renpy scripting. It would have cost him but the investment would have easily paid itself off because the game could have gained massive support if it would have had continued.

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Reposting from Patreon for anyone interested. Game is abandoned again.

I've been thinking a long time about writing this post and I think it's the right move to be fully transparent here. These last few months were horrible and I am definitely going crazy taking the game apart and simply not being satisfied with both the content I'm currently working on and in the recent past.

There were moments where I was optimistic and thought "I will get there" if I just create and try out different versions of the scenes, and yet after all those attempts I end up going to bed feeling like I made the progress I can build on, only to find I scrap everything because it was horrible/unusable on the next day (It actually was horrible).

I would be lying if I said I don't feel burned out at this point.

Whenever I logged into discord, I just didn't know what to say, looking at how I am not delivering even though I am relentlessly grinding and spending my whole day on creating content for 0.08.5 for so long now.

I know people are waiting and have waited for some time now, but working on LaS now comes with pressure and stress to a point where it's almost crippling.
And that's what I want to announce in this post - I will be taking a break from working on LaS for the time being.

I'm sorry that I have to disappoint you guys, but I truly don't feel like I can keep going like this.

As for how long the pause on game development is going to be, I don't know, and to be honest, I don't want to set a date on it.

I will however still be checking into discord and maybe even make some posts about my thoughts on 3D related matters, but I really want to get a normal "relationship" with the project again, instead of waking up to a full day of failure and just feel like I am repeatedly hitting a wall.

While on the break I also plan to look into the script and I'm considering making changes to the dialogue or similar to avoid a repeat of the above. I don't want to run into something like this ever again and of course, I hope to come up with something that finally works.

I am not sure if it's simply a mindset thing or I may just be setting expectations for myself which I can't meet. Either way, I hope by taking a break I can both organize my life and get a healthy/normal sleep schedule once again. Also, I hope to get a less stressful mindset towards LaS in general (Which by all means is mostly self-imposed.).

As for the Patreon page, I've decided to leave things as they are for now as I have no idea how things are going to change (I will update the front page though).

I also completely understand that for many this is not professional nor acceptable, in that case, if you choose to drop or cancel your pledge altogether, I wholeheartedly want to thank you for checking out the game and for all previous support.

I will keep working on becoming the developer LaS and future projects need.

While this sucks, it is by no means the end. I will continue, I just can't say when that time will come.

For now, stay safe guys.
PM me, please.

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes