D

Deleted member 286529

I know patreon had change a few things and i heard they are not allowing anymore incest games. if i am wrong please correct me becuase i know they just banned Big Brother

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
I know patreon had change a few things and i heard they are not allowing anymore incest games. if i am wrong please correct me becuase i know they just banned Big Brother
No, you are right. Its been like that for a while and a few games have gotten around it by leaving incest out of the version they put up at patreon, which is still against patreons rules. Considering they now have banned both big brother and dating my daughter from the side, I guess they prove that they are going to be serious about this and remove all incest related content and creators. @veqvil , I dont know what your plan for this is, but they will come for you, you may feel you are to small, but patreon dont care for your size. I know you are busy right now with the update. But having a plan for this is probably the next thing you should think about.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
No, you are right. Its been like that for a while and a few games have gotten around it by leaving incest out of the version they put up at patreon, which is still against patreons rules. Considering they now have banned both big brother and dating my daughter from the side, I guess they prove that they are going to be serious about this and remove all incest related content and creators. @veqvil , I dont know what your plan for this is, but they will come for you, you may feel you are to small, but patreon dont care for your size. I know you are busy right now with the update. But having a plan for this is probably the next thing you should think about.
He already has it:
I actually do have a backup plan, through patching things, having a patreon only discord would really help in that case XD

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
Even patching doesn't help? In this case, I actually do not have a real plan... I was thinking just to the tell the story about you being adopted/Carol and Amy = Stepmother/stepsister

(Now if they are really strict like that, I'm not sure if that already counts as incest, while biologically speaking it's not)

Nonetheless, I will have to start creating an alternative intro showcasing that you and your father are blood-related and he remarried, resulting in meeting Amy and Carol.

Your father died when you were very young, so mentally it feels like it's your blood-related family.

Also, there is some dude called vilveq who was very interesting in publishing a patch if needed, not sure how he does it but he must have the same game files as I do (maybe I'm being hacked or something).

Jokes aside, I have to make sure I can release 0.04 first. I think I still have time to work out a plan, and for 0.05 I have to take serious actions.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Even patching doesn't help? In this case, I actually do not have a real plan... I was thinking just to the tell the story about you being adopted/Carol and Amy = Stepmother/stepsister

(Now if they are really strict like that, I'm not sure if that already counts as incest, while biologically speaking it's not)

Nonetheless, I will have to start creating an alternative intro showcasing that you and your father are blood-related and he remarried, resulting in meeting Amy and Carol.

Your father died when you were very young, so mentally it feels like it's your blood-related family.

Also, there is some dude called vilveq who was very interesting in publishing a patch if needed, not sure how he does it but he must have the same game files as I do (maybe I'm being hacked or something).

Jokes aside, I have to make sure I can release 0.04 first. I think I still have time to work out a plan, and for 0.05 I have to take serious actions.
Sounds good and someone can make patches to make them blood related sucks how you have to change it.

Harlequin1229

Jun 6, 2017
Patreon has decided the all relations (blood or by law) are incest. Others have gotten away with it so far by making them foreign exchange students or renters. If that evil hacker published a patch on Lewd Patcher (on above bar), well you couldn't do a thing about that except bitch at them, not at all authorized by you.

Reactions: cloudfw

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017

If they find out that you do it, then they would see it as a violation of the terms and force you to remove the game/ban you (there is ofcorse the option to do so and hope they dont find it, but I would guess it only takes on screenshot and you would be in trouble). The adopted thing as well, not going to work. Patreon define incest as sex between family relations or people in that role, blood related or not, I guess they saw the obvious way to cheat the system if they didnt close that door. How far outside of this they stretch that, I dont know, but my gut feeling tells me that if it feels like an incest relations story wise, they will treat it as such, regardless what it is.

Which leaves it problematic to rewrite a solution. I first though of things like Carol and Amy are distant relatives, so distant it would not be legally incest, but patreon dont care about the illegality here. I also though of that Carol was in an relationship with your father, but no children came of it and then you had an other mother and she got Amy with someone else, now since they dont differanse between adoption/step family, the only way this could work was if you started living with them after you turned 18. Or maybe Amy and you where childhood friends, and you moved to them when you were going to collage (got to make sure it dosnt trigger as step family so you would have to be old enough to not look at Carol as your replacement mother) since they lived close to the school or something. This might be the best in terms of still keeping some of the relations but cut the possibility that it is incest. This would ofcorse require a lot of rewriting and would disponent the incest fanbase. Alternatively, you could just remove all sexual content with the family from the game and secretly patch it in, but you would still run the risk of patreon figuring that out, after all, it is the strategy most developer are using. You are lucky in the sense that the game dosnt exclusively revolte around incest which means it should be possible to find workarounds, but patreon is cleaning their "mess" with a flamethrower, so it will require some finesse to do this right in their eyes.

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
But what's with e.g. Dreams of desire ? is there no incest in that game?

Blob

May 7, 2017
Pretty sure Stepsomething is also against the rules. Should make it roommates or something like that (lol).

Also the safest thing would probably be to do the censor thing before they come knocking on your door.

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
Pretty sure Stepsomething is also against the rules. Should make it roommates or something like that (lol).

Also the safest thing would probably be to do the censor thing before they come knocking on your door.
Censor thing? :D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
and make sure you cannot be directly connected to patch and patch is in no way mentioned on Patreon, especially not by yourself. If you have someone with a different isp as yourself whom you trust to upload the patch for you, that would be even better.

Edit: If not, at the very least use a VPN.

Reactions: cloudfw

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
By the way love your game and waiting to see how it develops when you reach the sandbox stage. Good luck with finishing the update and as many said already here, take the time you need.

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
But what's with e.g. Dreams of desire ? is there no incest in that game?
There is still games on patreon with incest (and as mention, some with patches for it). I assume they haven't gotten around to finding them all yet (my guess is that they remove thing in a slow pace but that people also report these pages, so its mostly luck keeping people up for now), they havnet made a statement of any of the games with lewdpatcher as of now, but when they changed the rules of that they accepted of sexual content, they made it clear that any connection with the forbidden content (whether that be having one version on patreon and another one some place else or using patreon to fund something else than what is offered, as in you change your patreon to be for the art work of veqvils paintings but really just use it to make the game with forbidden content) was not allowed, at least thats what I remember (I tried to find the full expanded statement but I could not find it with a quick google, and I dont have time to do the research as well as writing this, I will check for it later in case I might be wrong.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Or you can keep everything as it is and when they come after you, go down in history as the first big balled hero who gave them the finger. It has its downsides, but nothing is for free and it's known that heroes die young. ;)

But seriously, I know I'm talking shit and it's easy for me because it doesn't affect my livelihood. On the other hand, Patreon wants creators to bend and it's likely that it won't be just once. Someone at some point has to say "enough!", even though it will hurt, because using Patreon is very convenient way how to get paid for your work. But creative freedom also has some value.

U

User_215882

Patching does help. DMD did it wrong is all. You can't on your patreon page tell your players how to restore the banned content. Until say DoD gets the banned hammer I would say patches work. Just use someone to casually tell players that some asshole made a patch for your innocent game.

Everilld

Jul 25, 2017
But if the main character is already adult so is he still adopted or something?
Because it could be that now they are "strangers" to him but he calls them step...
And if its still wrong so @veqvil can change that father didn't get married with Carol (he was having sex with her bat they were partners or paramours, lovers or for him she was like friend of the house) and they are just living in two-family house :p

cloudfw

Sep 11, 2017
Patching does help. DMD did it wrong is all. You can't on your patreon page tell your players how to restore the banned content. Until say DoD gets the banned hammer I would say patches work. Just use someone to casually tell players that some asshole made a patch for your innocent game.
Probably this.
I think projects which do not flaunt the possibilities - so no mentioning of patches on patreon page and deleting such comments from users, should be enough to keep patreon out of your hair, at least currently.

Regarding the future - I hope very much that this witch hunt will just diminish with the time anyway, like happened, for example, with fanfiction.net, where a lot of adult stories were deleted about two or three years ago, and now the situation is back to normal.

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes