VN Ren'Py Love and Temptation [Ep.5 S2] [GruBoop]

3.20 star(s) 55 Votes

TribalJOB

Jun 5, 2020
Greet visuals but the "story" (if we can call it a story) make absolutely no sense at all.
1st season stop abruptly and the 2nd start from nowhere.
For example at the end of S1 Alice say she don't have parents, magically in season 2 we meet her mother (just WTF ?)
And Sara ? Wasn't she living with us ? where is she ?

Seriously, no fucking sense at all.

only MILF

Formerly 'buktccbfc71'
Dec 30, 2020
Greet visuals but the "story" (if we can call it a story) make absolutely no sense at all.
For example at the end of S1 Alice say she don't have parents, magically in season 2 we meet her mother (just WTF ?)

[/QUOTE
Well done artist... (y) ..That's right...."the screenwriter is studying at school." :rolleyes: o_O

Last edited:

exile69

Sep 30, 2019

That's because it's not Season 1 and Season 2, instead, Season 2 is actually a remake. I really have no fucking idea why it's still like that in the main post even though we've pointed out that S2 is a remake multiple times.

Reactions: ImariKurumi

mytaca

Feb 11, 2019
sometimes i think this game is just a excuse to show great renders

the story is poorly, very poorly executed, to a point that i don't know if he does this nonsense scenes and choices of narrative because he don't care or because he can't and don't know how to script, direct and execute scenes at all

Redelin

Sep 20, 2017
sometimes i think this game is just a excuse to show great renders

the story is poorly, very poorly executed, to a point that i don't know if he does this nonsense scenes and choices of narrative because he don't care or because he can't and don't know how to script, direct and execute scenes at all
I don’t really see it. The story is generally in line with other VNs of a similar vein. They’re not exactly award winning scripts, but good enough for the medium. I like the new direction he’s gone with Miyuki. I think it’ll lead into something good.

mytaca

Feb 11, 2019
I don’t really see it. The story is generally in line with other VNs of a similar vein. They’re not exactly award winning scripts, but good enough for the medium. I like the new direction he’s gone with Miyuki. I think it’ll lead into something good.
I think you missed the point, so let me be more elucidative.

I agree with what you said because there are games with very simple writing, simple premises and simple scenes, however they are good games because the scenes are well executed.

This game has good writing and a good premise, but the scenes are not very well executed.

I'll explain, for a scene to exist (in a way that doesn't seem simply thrown in the middle of the game) it needs a reason, it needs to bring progression to the story and it needs a pay-off. Most of the scenes in this game have weak motives, very weak pay-offs and basically bring no progression to the story at all.

Our dear Dev is basically creating several and several narrative branches and is not developing or deepening any of them, we don't even have a well-defined central narrative, the game has had 4 updates and is still a prologue

Redelin

Sep 20, 2017
I think you missed the point, so let me be more elucidative.

I agree with what you said because there are games with very simple writing, simple premises and simple scenes, however they are good games because the scenes are well executed.

This game has good writing and a good premise, but the scenes are not very well executed.

I'll explain, for a scene to exist (in a way that doesn't seem simply thrown in the middle of the game) it needs a reason, it needs to bring progression to the story and it needs a pay-off. Most of the scenes in this game have weak motives, very weak pay-offs and basically bring no progression to the story at all.

Our dear Dev is basically creating several and several narrative branches and is not developing or deepening any of them, we don't even have a well-defined central narrative, the game has had 4 updates and is still a prologue
I’m glad you went into more detail, I can generally agree, although I would like to hear an example of what you think is a weak motive with a weak payoff. One I can think of is Shen Yue and Alice’s mom, who feel like they are essentially throwing their pussies at MC from the get go, both under the guise of relational problem with Miyuki. I hope in the following update Gruboop stops introducing new characters and develops established ones. That being said, his most developed character Miyuki imo is an improvement from season 1, as iirc she ended up giving the MC a handjob while high on something they drank out of no where. The last two updates have felt like good setup for her and MCs future, establishing the both of them having wandering minds that will end up pushing the boundaries of their relationship in the future.

_doodle_

Dec 11, 2022
Hi there.

Here is a Walkthrough Mod

Mod Version: 0.6
Game Version: Ep. 5

Edited on 06.01.2024

I would love to update the mod for Season 2 but currently have no Idea what the different values are for or what they stand for. The values only have the name L, F, and P. All of them are not used for checks yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Does anyone else have an issue with this? I've never played season 1 and tbh didn't even know it had season until I tried looking on why my game was breaking. I downloaded the season 2 link it seems. Every time I open the game, it says "walkthrough mod enabled" and then the normal "what is your name" and then I get a black screen. It also says something like "img_1 not found". Then I get an error message. Rollback and ignore doesn't work either. I would heavily prefer to play this with a WT mod that works. Do I have to download the first season for it to work? I assume my saves would transfer over to season 2. Wouldn't that still not have the mod work for season 2?

3.20 star(s) 55 Votes