toccata

Nov 24, 2020
That's more than 10%, no? It's not exact to the binary but a flat MB amount of 6000 MB for the 6 GB and a 600 MB for the compressed is a -90% difference. Or did you mean something else?

Also I haven't tried this yet but I'm glad to finally see a furry game that's not gay. That's not a jab, just an observation.
uncompressed 6.38 GB = 100 %
compressed 659.73 MB = ~10.3%
difference = ~89.7% rounded 90% compression rate .

Gay sex is ass-holing. I generally don't like it. And hope it's the same here.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
uncompressed 6.38 GB = 100 %
compressed 659.73 MB = ~10.3%
difference = ~89.7% rounded 90% compression rate .

Gay sex is ass-holing. I generally don't like it. And hope it's the same here.
I guess I misunderstood what you were saying about the compression. Also the second part wasn't directed at you personally. I just kind of appended it. A broad statement about the state of furry games around here.

hofom77573

Apr 17, 2021
I've always wondered what the difference between compressed and the Uncompressed version, besides the size I mean?
Unless you have good sight and hearing not much.

For images the more finer shades of colors get blurred together and meta data could be trashed. In some scenarios the resolution can also be reduced say from 1080 to 720 but this less common as some coding generally has to be adjusted. This will show on really aggressive compression but you've got to be looking for it otherwise.

With audio for example the bit rate can be lowered from cd quality to radio quality. Good audiophiles can tell the difference but with cheap speakers or headsets you won't notice much unless it's really aggressive. Same with images some meta data will be stripped away.

Many compressors aim for lossless so it's least noticeable. All this excess data loss in the end reduces size.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Unless you have good sight and hearing not much.

For images the more finer shades of colors get blurred together and meta data could be trashed. In some scenarios the resolution can also be reduced say from 1080 to 720 but this less common as some coding generally has to be adjusted. This will show on really aggressive compression but you've got to be looking for it otherwise.

With audio for example the bit rate can be lowered from cd quality to radio quality. Good audiophiles can tell the difference but with cheap speakers or headsets you won't notice much unless it's really aggressive. Same with images some meta data will be stripped away.

Many compressors aim for lossless so it's least noticeable. All this excess data loss in the end reduces size.
That's generally true but it also depends on the amount of compression and the method used. Either way there will always be a loss in quality no matter what. In my opinion the compressed versions are fine for a smaller monitor or a phone but the bigger the screen you have the easier it is to see the artifacting made by the compression. I can't speak about the audio since I rarely have it unmuted for these things but the same thing goes for that as well. But like you said it all depends on the individual's senses.

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
That's generally true but it also depends on the amount of compression and the method used. Either way there will always be a loss in quality no matter what. In my opinion the compressed versions are fine for a smaller monitor or a phone but the bigger the screen you have the easier it is to see the artifacting made by the compression. I can't speak about the audio since I rarely have it unmuted for these things but the same thing goes for that as well. But like you said it all depends on the individual's senses.
Nah, new Webp format means lossless compression is still 26% smaller for the same file size. There has been a push by google for it.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Nah, new Webp format means lossless compression is still 26% smaller for the same file size. There has been a push by google for it.
That's true but I wasn't talking about an original lossless compression from a source. I meant more taking an already rendered image for example and then compressing it again. There is a big difference from using a lossless compression from the start and taking a source and compressing it down by 90%. Like what was done here for example.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Are there no options to buy stuff at the shop?
Looking at the script you can buy two things. Sweets and food, but they aren't "unlocked" until you do an event with Rina in the kitchen. It doesn't look like the shop is going to be very involved at the moment.

Reactions: hofom77573

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Looking at the script you can buy two things. Sweets and food, but they aren't "unlocked" until you do an event with Rina in the kitchen. It doesn't look like the shop is going to be very involved at the moment.
Yeah I got the sweets by now. I haven't unlocked the food yet.
Thanks for checking the code.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Lerd0 and Skeltom

mistercoon

Jan 6, 2018
one of the few furry without the g tag thanks for that alone. i really enjoyed it and like the style keep up the good work (y) maybe add a scence guide? i dont know if im the only one but i needed some time to get rinas footjob for example. good luck with it

MD27

Feb 28, 2020
Really one of the cutest games.
Just one question, what animal is Dolla? Is something like a Sheep right, I don't think I'm that wrong on that, anyway love seeing anthropomorphic chicks every so often.

Ancalador

Jul 26, 2017
How do you get Fauna to let you touch her horns? I have her at 20 trust and 20 affection and she still brushes me off

ImoutoCat

Jun 19, 2021
Very cute game, and I look forward to the updates!

Is there gonna be a "Non-Patreon Rina's obviously not 20, but I get it, you gotta slave to the Patreon ToS" version? (Even fan-made where you just change her age in the files or something?)

4.50 star(s) 43 Votes