lobesod

Mar 14, 2018
Even if changing her Trust value to 10 it still causes this Error as soon as you visit the Farm, i'd say Dev fucked something up as i get the exact same Error and because of this i can't visit Dolla's room.
That will not be first time he fuck up - and i dont start all over again, again, again..... get the grip dev

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Nope, I'm having it too with her trust at 20. I don't know why the dev thought he needed to remake almost every character's interactions. Ever since he started doing that, the game has been buggy as hell.
This game has always been a buggy mess... scenes not playing or getting unlocked... updates fucking up save... and so on...
We are at a point where he should just drop the sandbox and make it into a normal VN... that would solve 99% of problems this game has.

PorkyPy

Oct 8, 2019
@ MrDracosaurus

DId you forget to note that old saves cant be used AGAIN, so players have to start all over again, then it will be a "deleted game".
He mentions it in the latest patreon post and provides an updated save file:

IMPORTANT: If there is any issue with a previous save, I have provided a save that should work and starts from the new update.

Shadeyman7

Jun 13, 2018
I fixed the crash. Not sure if this was the correct variable he wanted to check but I switched 'dolla_trust_10_wait' to 'dolla_trust_1_wait' and now it doesn't complain.

I've included the updated script file. To use it, locate the directory where the game exe is, go to the /game/ folder, then create /scripts/, inside of that create /locations/, inside of that create /farm/ then add the attached rpy file inside there to overwrite the one from inside the renpy archive. So the path in your example would be "C:\Users\Pc\Downloads\Love_at_First_Tail-0.4.5.1-pc\game\scripts\locations\farm\east_farm.rpy"

Once added load/reload the game.

Also, in the future when the next version drops you'll want to delete the file as to not conflict with the new one.
Installed as instructed and it stops the thing from complaining but it still won't progress the story. If the script isn't meant to do that, and is just about making the annoying farm error message stop happening, then works as intended, but isn't really a solution to the real problem here unfortunately.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Where is the origin of the thought that every version of software HAS TO be compatible with saves/functions from a previous version?

That mostly saves are compatible is a bonus and NOT the norm.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ninjahotsprings

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Where is the origin of the thought that every version of software HAS TO be compatible with saves/functions from a previous version?

Maybe from generic RPGM games or simple-code kinetic novels, where every new update just adds a few dialogues and art ..and that's it. So you can continue without problems until the final edition ..
Also people ignore the fact that Draco now provides saves , which should work as a small "painkiller"...

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Maybe from generic RPGM games or simple-code kinetic novels, where every new update just adds a few dialogues and art ..and that's it. So you can continue without problems until the final edition ..
Also people ignore the fact that Draco now provides saves , which should work as a small "painkiller"...
What people are forgetting/ignoring is the difference between a content update and a patch.
While the former only brings NEW content the later fixes problems in OLD content.
And what we are getting here are not full content updates, at least a portion of it is patch/rewrite.

Reactions: DocRipper

LOD6

Oct 7, 2018
Personally. I hope the ex husband comes back into the story at some point to bring the girls back home after he couldn't look after himself or something, only to have whole town, humans and demi humans, put him in his place

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DocRipper

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Personally. I hope the ex husband comes back into the story at some point to bring the girls back home after he couldn't look after himself or something, only to have whole town, humans and demi humans, put him in his place
While possible I highly doubt that he knows the names of his former domestic slaves and abuse victims.
I mean IIRC he called the older woman all kinds of names including bitch and stupid fox on a near daily basis and IIRC the girl was only "the little retard" to him.

Not really the best info to search for a person ...

Jan 24, 2021

Saves working shows the developer knows what they're doing. Breaking saves on every other update is laziness.

Where is the origin? When games were much older, back in the arcade days when you had to put in quarters, people got frustrated that their progress would be lost so out of compassion, or wanting to appease the ever growing angry mob, they introduced password saves to record different moments which worked but was tedious. As technology advanced eventually you had chips dedicated to holding save data but since those were pricey there was a limit to 3 slots which was superior to the old way but still restrictive and thus people whined for more save space. Fast forward to today and thanks to the marvels of innovation we now have games that will periodically save for you with almost unlimited save slots because keeping the fans happy tends to be good for business.

So is it a friendly bonus or an evolved necessity? It's not a "bonus" to expect the game to work correctly :WeSmart:This is why Ren'Py has features to default variable so in the event an old save doesn't have them declared it won't bug out, a feature which can be used after an old save is loaded to run an integrity check to make adjustments, and debugging tools which can be used to add error handling procedures.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Saves working shows the developer knows what they're doing. Breaking saves on every other update is laziness.

Where is the origin? When games were much older, back in the arcade days when you had to put in quarters, people got frustrated that their progress would be lost so out of compassion, or wanting to appease the ever growing angry mob, they introduced password saves to record different moments which worked but was tedious. As technology advanced eventually you had chips dedicated to holding save data but since those were pricey there was a limit to 3 slots which was superior to the old way but still restrictive and thus people whined for more save space. Fast forward to today and thanks to the marvels of innovation we now have games that will periodically save for you with almost unlimited save slots because keeping the fans happy tends to be good for business.

So is it a friendly bonus or an evolved necessity? It's not a "bonus" to expect the game to work correctly :WeSmart:This is why Ren'Py has features to default variable so in the event an old save doesn't have them declared it won't bug out, a feature which can be used after an old save is loaded to run an integrity check to make adjustments, and debugging tools which can be used to add error handling procedures.
Just quoting myself.
You are a prime example for this, btw.

What people are forgetting/ignoring is the difference between a content update and a patch.
While the former only brings NEW content the later fixes problems in OLD content.
And what we are getting here are not full content updates, at least a portion of it is patch/rewrite.

Plus I somewhat doubt that while a person was playing the company that erected the arcade machine made a PHYSICAL update on it and the user was pissed that in the 5 weeks time between the machine being uninstalled, patched and reinstalled could not continue his saved game.
That AFTER that with technological progress it was possible to create password saves is correct, but has absolutely nothing to do with the question.

• Haha
Reactions: ninjahotsprings

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I'm a huge simp for no reason.
Is there a reason why you simp so hard for this dev?

He breaks saves all the time... regardless of what kind of update it is.
It's also not just broken saves... it's also characters not being where they're suppose to be, scenes not triggering, events not happening and so on.
This game has always been a shitty programmed sandbox and 99% of the problems would vanish if it weren't one.

The best course of action would be to remove the sandbox entirely and make this into a normal VN. Then the dev could focus on the story and we would get actual progress.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Is there a reason why you simp so hard for this dev?

He breaks saves all the time... regardless of what kind of update it is.
It's also not just broken saves... it's also characters not being where they're suppose to be, scenes not triggering, events not happening and so on.
This game has always been a shitty programmed sandbox and 99% of the problems would vanish if it weren't one.

The best course of action would be to remove the sandbox entirely and make this into a normal VN. Then the dev could focus on the story and we would get actual progress.
Another person that judges the whole person by one part of a comment s/he does not like.

ALL I said was that it is a bonus and not a prerequisite for saves from a previous version to work in the current version.
I am talking generally here.
NOT specifically for this and ONLY this game like you just assumed by faking a quote.

That is the only part of the issue list you just posted that I commented on.

Has the game further issues apart from that?
Yes.

Is the dev a good coder?

Maybe. Maybe not.
I just know that YOU are worse.

beris96

Jan 12, 2022
Did any of you already finish farm content? I`m stuck on this. There is a scene on every evening but nothing happens after. i`m missing something or this is just a bug?

4.50 star(s) 43 Votes