EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
lbtwbanner3.png

Overview:
Due to an odd connection with the ocean, the protagonist—an avid reader raised by his fisherman father—has never been able to venture far enough away from home to really experience the world around him. Tomorrow, the local school re-opens near the town’s pier after the old property gets bought out by a wealthy industrialist, and our self-taught and socially inexperienced protagonist uses it as an opportunity to get out of his shell and make new friends, all the while attempting to hide his family’s secret.
Thread Updated: 2023-11-06
Release Date: 2023-11-01
Developer: CURE - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.2
Language: English
Genres:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

I'm sorry, but 0.2 will require a restart due to script rewrites

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: - - - - -
Mac:
- - - - -
Android:
- - - - -

prev1.png prev2.png prev3.png prev4.png prev5.png prev6.png prev7.png prev8.png prev9.png prev10.png prev11.png prev12.png prev13.png prev14.jpg prev15.png prev16.png prev17.png prev18.png prev19.png prev20.png prev21.png prev23.png prev24.png prev24.jpg prev25.png prev26.png prev27.png

Last edited:

cureisonline

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2023
Thank you for moving the game and for the warm welcome! <3
I decided I wanted to release a demo before the full first update which should be going live within the next month. This covers roughly the first half or so of 0.1. I'm hoping this will allow me to get some early feedback on the game so I know what to work and focus on. Thank you so much to anyone who checks out this thread and, if you decide to try it out, I would really appreciate any feedback! Thank you everybody. :giggle:

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
I'm just sorry. Sorry.
But these Illusion based games all look the same. I don't even want to check this out.

It's not just that it looks like any other Illusion game. It's the knowledge of the artworks being basically screenshots from another game, and not even good looking ones (very bland lighting etc.).

Honestly, even Skyrim and FO4 based adult games look 100 times better. And they have one additional upside: You won't have a main character named Mike who likes Audrey, Zoe, Gina and Faye,and all of them look fucking Japanese.

Good look with your game - honestly. But i'm fed up with Jap-looking Western games. We can do better.

Oct 11, 2018
No offence cureisonline but the fifth image the girl in profile by the showers looks like someone broke her spine. She going to need a chiropractor ;)

Wail I'm writing: You have the tag [Monster Girl] (wish is a tag I love) but I don't really see any signs of them in the images. The description talk about MC mother being a mermaid but is that all there is to it?

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
questions:
"aggressive offers to buy his family home from a newly arrived industrialist kingpin" - just a background story element or more serious focus on organized crime and such (please no)?
"15 planned romanceable characters of varying depth" - can you choose who you want or they all mandatory?
futa/trans tag - actual full LI, random minor character or just single scene with a magic strapon (yet again) falsely tagged by the mods?
future tags? anal, pregnancy, lesbian?

Reactions: privetin13

cureisonline

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2023
Thanks for the questions, everyone :)
I'm just sorry. Sorry.
But these Illusion based games all look the same. I don't even want to check this out.

It's not just that it looks like any other Illusion game. It's the knowledge of the artworks being basically screenshots from another game, and not even good looking ones (very bland lighting etc.).

Honestly, even Skyrim and FO4 based adult games look 100 times better. And they have one additional upside: You won't have a main character named Mike who likes Audrey, Zoe, Gina and Faye,and all of them look fucking Japanese.

Good look with your game - honestly. But i'm fed up with Jap-looking Western games. We can do better.
The style isn't for everyone, for sure. I appreciate you giving the thread a chance, though! And for what it's worth, I did try to make the characters look unique, and I'm happy with how they turned out :)
No offence cureisonline but the fifth image the girl in profile by the showers looks like someone broke her spine. She going to need a chiropractor ;)

Wail I'm writing: You have the tag [Monster Girl] (wish is a tag I love) but I don't really see any signs of them in the images. The description talk about MC mother being a mermaid but is that all there is to it?
Hehe, it does look kind of funny in that screenshot. But to answer your question, MGs (not just mermaids) are absolutely present in this game, but only vague references to mermaids are present so far in this demo. This game will contain prevalent fantasy elements soon enough, though :)
questions:
"aggressive offers to buy his family home from a newly arrived industrialist kingpin" - just a background story element or more serious focus on organized crime and such (please no)?
"15 planned romanceable characters of varying depth" - can you choose who you want or they all mandatory?
futa/trans tag - actual full LI, random minor character or just single scene with a magic strapon (yet again) falsely tagged by the mods?
future tags? anal, pregnancy, lesbian?
1) The industrialist is key to the story, but it isn't organized crime. It's tied into the fantasy elements of the story, and I think is pretty dark and interesting :)
2) All H and romance scenes can be skipped or rejected.
3) Frankie is trans and is a full love interest, but, as with all other LIs, can be chosen or skipped.
4) I do not know how to add future tags yet, and as this game is still in its early stages, there is time to add all kinds of tags depending on feedback, but I can say with certainty that those three tags are absolutely planned to, at the very least, be options. <3
─────────────────────────────
I'm really happy to answer any other questions and listen to feedback, though I am easiest to reach on Discord. Thank you so much for checking out the thread :)

Last edited:

Darhzor

Jun 29, 2017
A bit clunky storywise but DAMN that was a really funny demo.

GL for future updates. Definetly gonna check in again.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
2) All H and romance scenes can be skipped or rejected.
can you clarify what you mean by this most people on see skip and assume the scen will still happen but the reader just wont see it Then there would be avoidable where you get an option to make something never happen and is reflected in dialog that it never happened going foreward

cureisonline

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2023
A bit clunky storywise but DAMN that was a really funny demo.

GL for future updates. Definetly gonna check in again.
Thank you so much for playing!! I'm planning on cleaning up some of the writing before the full release, so if you have any specific feedback about what felt clunky to you, I would really appreciate hearing it! I'm really glad you found it funny—means a lot!
can you clarify what you mean by this most people on see skip and assume the scen will still happen but the reader just wont see it Then there would be avoidable where you get an option to make something never happen and is reflected in dialog that it never happened going foreward
It depends on the scene. So far, all h-scenes can be rejected and a unique scene will play, and that's the plan moving forward. It also gives me the opportunity to include alternate comedic scenes, so I hope everyone tries both options! Some scenes (not H-scenes) will be unavoidable if they're crucial to the plot, like some dates where you hang out/talk with a character, but in general all romance and h-content will be avoidable, and those choices will be remembered. Hope that helped!

Reactions: goulet1995

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
This was... interesting? Wasn't bad, but maybe just not something I understood. I don't know much about anime (really nothing at all lol), except for a few clips I've seen here and there. Never actually watched it though, but from what I have seen, this VN definitely feels very anime. Most of this just kind of flew over my head lol.

Not a bad thing though! I just personally never got into anime, so that's just a me thing. I'm sure others who actually watch anime and understand it will enjoy this though. Writing is fine, renders are kind of generic HS, but at least the characters have unique looks. Choices as well to avoid certain girls if you want (wasn't forced into anything, so prime on that).

But yeah, it has potential. Probably not my cup of tea, but it wasn't bad or anything. I know others will definitely enjoy this style, so yeah, nice work. Thanks and best of luck with your project. ;)

MD27

Feb 28, 2020
Hi, haven't tried it yet but looks fun. Just noticed the title here is "Love by the Water" but then the zip file and the folder extracted reads "Love on the Water", was trying to enter this thread typing the file name on search bar and wasn't working haha. GL

• Sad
Reactions: cureisonline

cureisonline

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2023
Hi, haven't tried it yet but looks fun. Just noticed the title here is "Love by the Water" but then the zip file and the folder extracted reads "Love on the Water", was trying to enter this thread typing the file name on search bar and wasn't working haha. GL
Bruh nooooo that's so embarrassing.. I don't know the name of my own game :cry: :FacePalm: To be fair, that was the original name before I realized "by" made more sense, but that was still months ago lmao. Thanks for the heads up! I guess I never updated the build name. I'll make sure to fix this with the next patch omfg

Reactions: MD27
4.10 star(s) 13 Votes