RPGM Partial Love Love! My Buddy: X [v1.030b - Translation Patch 5] [Megrim]

4.90 star(s) 10 Votes

SNEK ETERR

Apr 22, 2020

(The next work is scheduled to cost 4000 yen.
Illegal DL guy won't buy it no matter what.
Only those who really want to play should get it. )
Megrim goes nuts about pricing YariNari all of this happened because of this guy
IsaacClarke94
Thanks Alot for ruining it

Last edited:

Metropolisz

♂Deep♂Dark♂Fantasy♂
Donor
Jan 17, 2018

(The next work is scheduled to cost 4000 yen.
Illegal DL guy won't buy it no matter what.
Only those who really want to play should get it. )
Megrim goes nuts about pricing YariNari all of this happened because of this guy
IsaacClarke94
Thanks Alot for ruining it
What the fuck happened I just stumbled upon this game like 3 days ago and now there's drama about ceasing development? How does one person earn the ire of a developer so much he decided to make drastic changes?

Reactions: Tunak23

SNEK ETERR

Apr 22, 2020
What the fuck happened I just stumbled upon this game like 3 days ago and now there's drama about ceasing development? How does one person earn the ire of a developer so much he decided to make drastic changes?
i know its kinda sucks but its japan the law there having a strict for illegal download or cracking their stuff like video game etc, meanwhile some dumbfuck named IssacClarke94 telling the dev he's a fan of his work but blatanly telling them his playing illegally the dev got angry and mad at him and the dumbfuck goes on and on about it he even making a thread here to complain about his stupidity why he got banned to this thread

Last edited:

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i thought the dev came to this site. but i would tell the dev his game's are great but not all of use have money to buy them. plue if i did have money i would buy them. i do love there games there fun to play.

SNEK ETERR

Apr 22, 2020
i thought the dev came to this site. but i would tell the dev his game's are great but not all of use have money to buy them. plue if i did have money i would buy them. i do love there games there fun to play.
no he telling the dev through twitter or x then this dumbfuck IssacClarke94 deletes his account after the drama start to blowout he didnt even apologize

Jul 23, 2023
High prices are not conducive to the promotion of works
Megrim has been working on it for over 3 years according to the date of this post:

Basically a treasure hunting adventure game where the protagonist hops from town to town or area to area and searches for treasures.

The official game menu screen is this:
View attachment 901907
I don't know what it translates to but I think the background image explains the purpose of the game.

Interesting to note that he has finally moved away from the older RPGM engine he has used for years on his games and is now using one of the newer engines to make this game. AFAICS he isn't using the engine for its "normal" use which is doing the typical pixel game where you can control player movement via WASD etc, instead, he will be using the game similar to how RenPy is used and it will be kind of like a VN simulator game instead.

So far he has shown off what the following systems in the game:
  • Explorable caves where you have a dice rolling system as you traverse the cave and try to get lucky with loot/attacking enemies
  • Prostitutes you can have sex with at the inns of towns
  • Potential party members/girls you can pick up to go with you on quests
  • Going to churches for...some reason...?(maybe another marriage feature)
  • Introduction is already done, you get called upon by a fat ugly lady and you can choose between 5 starting professions

He's actually done so much work in the last month that I could easily see this game come out in 2021. Interesting to see if this is going to be a smaller game or if he keeps expanding in it. This game would be much easier to expand than the system with what he was using before.

I think it's worth the money and it will probably be bigger than LLMBX since it seems like the dungeon explorer game play that has been described is easier to implement content with because according to Megrims latest updates he's only about halfway done with scenes (y)

shame that Megrim doesn't like the international audience though but I can't blame him after some of his interactions with foreign fans

it could be priced lower but Megrim has a track rrecord of already delivering high amounts of content in his games so having his biggest game yet be priced that high is understandable. there will always be people who just wont buy the game due to the art style and you can't fix that as long as he is the artist for the project so sales might always remain the same.

• Hey there
Reactions: Anti_Thesis

Polarization

Sep 4, 2021
Megrim has been working on it for over 3 years according to the date of this post:

I think it's worth the money and it will probably be bigger than LLMBX since it seems like the dungeon explorer game play that has been described is easier to implement content with because according to Megrims latest updates he's only about halfway done with scenes (y)

shame that Megrim doesn't like the international audience though but I can't blame him after some of his interactions with foreign fans

it could be priced lower but Megrim has a track rrecord of already delivering high amounts of content in his games so having his biggest game yet be priced that high is understandable. there will always be people who just wont buy the game due to the art style and you can't fix that as long as he is the artist for the project so sales might always remain the same.
If it sells fewer copies, it won't make the charts, and if it's not famous, it will lose money like its predecessor.

Polarization

Sep 4, 2021
The more this game sells at the right price and the longer it stays on the charts, the more people will learn about the author's work, not to mention the impressive art style of the author himself. Piracy is not the main problem, the problem is the author's lack of popularity, which is why the game is delayed in translation, unlike other people's works, where someone in every country translates their version, which is a great advertisement in itself.

Jul 23, 2023
If it sells fewer copies, it won't make the charts, and if it's not famous, it will lose money like its predecessor.
The guy has already made seven other games and priced them fairly...pricing isn't the issue it's the art style which doesn't pander to the typical asian market taste. Megrim is trying to squeeze profit out of every sale which occurs which would come from people who actually understand the depth of content being given to them. Also his last game is his best selling game yet by 2x regular sales so whos to say the trend wont continue? He has gained a bigger audience overtime and it would it seems like he's smoothing out a lot of rough edges to his art style due to the amount of drawing he's had to do with this yarinari so although the game is priced higher it will have the content to back it up and also improved art.

this game should have similar volume of CG as samurai vandalism by oneone1 and that is also priced at 3850 yen so again the pricing seems fair. this isn't going to be a typical 20-30 CG game that goes for 2000 yen lol. be happy its not like peperoncino games that are 6000 yen with discount hahaaa.

Metropolisz

♂Deep♂Dark♂Fantasy♂
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Is there any other game like this? I kinda like the RPG elements and a weird sense of open world this game has to it. I've played through 3 runs already in the last week.

well i do have one question what is 2500yen in other countrys.
There's a on google. a 100 yen is roughly $1 to give you an estimate.

• Hey there
Reactions: Anti_Thesis

Polarization

Sep 4, 2021
The guy has already made seven other games and priced them fairly...pricing isn't the issue it's the art style which doesn't pander to the typical asian market taste. Megrim is trying to squeeze profit out of every sale which occurs which would come from people who actually understand the depth of content being given to them. Also his last game is his best selling game yet by 2x regular sales so whos to say the trend wont continue? He has gained a bigger audience overtime and it would it seems like he's smoothing out a lot of rough edges to his art style due to the amount of drawing he's had to do with this yarinari so although the game is priced higher it will have the content to back it up and also improved art.

this game should have similar volume of CG as samurai vandalism by oneone1 and that is also priced at 3850 yen so again the pricing seems fair. this isn't going to be a typical 20-30 CG game that goes for 2000 yen lol. be happy its not like peperoncino games that are 6000 yen with discount hahaaa.
oneone1 is a well known game studio while Megrim is just an indie author. As far as cost goes, oneone1 is definitely higher.

Polarization

Sep 4, 2021

The right price coupled with rich gameplay. One will no longer miss this game because of the art style, and by playing this game, the player can understand the essence of the author.

4.90 star(s) 10 Votes