Ren'Py Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll [v1.7.1] [FlinPaltwell]

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Version 1.7.0, "The Beach Update," Released!

Free download available at

AF Beach 3.jpg

Patch Notes:

- Added Chapter 11, which enters the second (and final) phase of the game.
- "Band" and "Study" actions are replaced with little date scenes that boost love and stats for the final phase of the game.
- The conversation minigame is similarly replaced with little randomized sex scenes which also boost love but can lose you the game if you're not careful.
- Added "The Beach Scene," now the most animation-dense sequence in the entire game (especially if you are romancing everyone).
- Many new (and some old) animations now have jiggle physics, which is a big deal.
- Now you'll see Julie's jiggling jugs while jogging.

---

At long last, the inevitable beach episode has arrived!
In this update, the game enters its final stage. The conversation minigame and "study/band" choices are replaced with quick little dates and brief RNG sex scenes (which feature a few new animations). Careful, it is still entirely possible to lose the game during a sex scene. Don't neglect Stella.

This most recent chapter also includes the beach event, which has ALMOST as much total content as the camping event. While it is slightly shorter, it is the most high-quality and animation-dense sequence in the game. Especially if you're romancing all three core characters (Kelly, Amy, Julie). Plus, there's a fair amount of additional content in this update outside the beach scene.
Amy fans rejoice! Amy, who has generally gotten the short end of the stick compared to Kelly and Julie since the game's launch, has approximately 2-3 times as many beach CG's in this update. And arguably the spiciest scene in the game.

While working on this update, my animation skills leveled up! I learned how to use jiggle physics in a couple different ways, which in my opinion has led to some notably higher-quality animations than what I typically make.
Three of the game's past animations have also been revamped to include some jiggling, and they look quite a bit better now.

Decided to retcon the first line of the game. Instead of stating "two years of high school remaining," it's now just one year, meaning you actually graduate high school roughly when the rock band tour starts. Various lines in the game have been subtly altered to adjust for this. It really changes remarkably little about the game, but I realized with the game ending sooner than I initially intended, maybe it would be easier this way.

-

Finally, I have a small request for everyone. Yes, you.
I've added a new animation to the "Calibration" option on the main menu. It features a new method for displaying animations at variable rates, and I'd just like to experiment with it. However, I'm uncertain whether it will work properly on all computers/monitors of varying refresh rates.
If you would be so kind, I would honestly appreciate it if you could boot up calibration (next to the tutorial on the main menu), skip past the Amy animation and look at the Julie animation. Then, simply tell me whether or not it seems to be playing normally on your device. If it looks glitchy or messed up, tell me. IF IT LOOKS NORMAL, ALSO TELL ME. It can be as simple as "the Julie test animation looks fine." If no one says anything then I won't know.

---

Old saves are probably broken. I strongly recommend starting a new game.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Version 1.7.0, "The Beach Update," Released!

Free download available at

View attachment 3918284

Patch Notes:

- Added Chapter 11, which enters the second (and final) phase of the game.
- "Band" and "Study" actions are replaced with little date scenes that boost love and stats for the final phase of the game.
- The conversation minigame is similarly replaced with little randomized sex scenes which also boost love but can lose you the game if you're not careful.
- Added "The Beach Scene," now the most animation-dense sequence in the entire game (especially if you are romancing everyone).
- Many new (and some old) animations now have jiggle physics, which is a big deal.
- Now you'll see Julie's jiggling jugs while jogging.

---

At long last, the inevitable beach episode has arrived!
In this update, the game enters its final stage. The conversation minigame and "study/band" choices are replaced with quick little dates and brief RNG sex scenes (which feature a few new animations). Careful, it is still entirely possible to lose the game during a sex scene. Don't neglect Stella.

This most recent chapter also includes the beach event, which has ALMOST as much total content as the camping event. While it is slightly shorter, it is the most high-quality and animation-dense sequence in the game. Especially if you're romancing all three core characters (Kelly, Amy, Julie). Plus, there's a fair amount of additional content in this update outside the beach scene.
Amy fans rejoice! Amy, who has generally gotten the short end of the stick compared to Kelly and Julie since the game's launch, has approximately 2-3 times as many beach CG's in this update. And arguably the spiciest scene in the game.

While working on this update, my animation skills leveled up! I learned how to use jiggle physics in a couple different ways, which in my opinion has led to some notably higher-quality animations than what I typically make.
Three of the game's past animations have also been revamped to include some jiggling, and they look quite a bit better now.

Decided to retcon the first line of the game. Instead of stating "two years of high school remaining," it's now just one year, meaning you actually graduate high school roughly when the rock band tour starts. Various lines in the game have been subtly altered to adjust for this. It really changes remarkably little about the game, but I realized with the game ending sooner than I initially intended, maybe it would be easier this way.

-

I've added a new animation to the "Calibration" option on the main menu. It features a new method for displaying animations at variable rates, and I'd just like to experiment with it. However, I'm uncertain whether it will work properly on all computers/monitors of varying refresh rates.
If you would be so kind, I would honestly appreciate it if you could boot up calibration (next to the tutorial on the main menu), skip past the Amy animation and look at the Julie animation. Then, simply tell me whether or not it seems to be playing normally on your device. If it looks glitchy or messed up, tell me. IF IT LOOKS NORMAL, ALSO TELL ME. It can be as simple as "the Julie test animation looks fine." If no one says anything then I won't know.

---

Old saves are probably broken. I strongly recommend starting a new game.
hype-anime-hype.gif
....yay......

Reactions: FlinPaltwell

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
It runs perfectly smooth on my laptop.

My old save seems to work, too.

And btw, I downloaded the new version from Itch.io, to leave a few caps there, but that isn't possible?
Thanks for the animation feedback! Everybody else, follow in Kurosx's footsteps, please.

And thanks for the donation attempt, I appreciate that too!
I turned off the ability to purchase the game after the first update, a long time ago.
However, my "earned $$ amount" has been stuck on $13 ever since, which is a number I'm mildly and irrationally superstitious of, so if you want to pay a dollar or whatever, I've temporarily turned optional donations for itch downloads back on lol.

The old save won't crash, but it might have unintended behavior. In addition to the beach scene, there should be a brief event relating to Samantha as well (in addition to numerous random choice events). If you saw all those then you're probably fine.

Allman

Jan 31, 2021
..." there should be a brief event relating to Samantha as well "
ohhhh i have to see that :love:
can´t wait for tomorrow morning to see the new update in action

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
there should be a brief event relating to Samantha as well
If it's before the beach event (I am playing the volleyball match right now), then it was indeed missing. But that doesn't matter to much, I'm finishing this save with Julie's path, and start a new game after that with another girl. I wanted to do that anyway.

I left a small amount with Itch. The next batch will come with the next update. ;)

• Red Heart

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
If it's before the beach event (I am playing the volleyball match right now), then it was indeed missing. But that doesn't matter to much, I'm finishing this save with Julie's path, and start a new game after that with another girl. I wanted to do that anyway.

I left a small amount with Itch. The next batch will come with the next update. ;)
Yeah I think it shows up before the beach event if you start a new game, but I think it'll show up after it on your current save, which I suppose is fine haha.

Thanks so much!

Reactions: kurosx

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Me and Julie got caught at the camp, is that just the chance you get at the start of the camp or just other variables?

Very cool game btw, well done dev!
The camp sex in particular always has some risk tied to it, which is mitigated by having high finesse and low suspicion. I think if you have 0 suspicion and 100 finesse you can avoid it completely? I actually forget, haha. But the RNG is checked right then, in the moment, so if you roll back a little and save before it happens you can save-scum it if you like (but I recommend playing with consequences because I think it makes it more thrilling when you pass).

Thanks for the kind words!

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
works fine for me (y)

• Yay, new update!

Allman

Jan 31, 2021
That Samantha also has the love stat gives me hope that she has a little surprise for us once we get to meet her again :sneaky:
or maybe at that point the surprise is visible and not so little anymore :love:
btw the animation in the calibration works fine for me

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
That Samantha also has the love stat gives me hope that she has a little surprise for us once we get to meet her again :sneaky:
or maybe at that point the surprise is visible and not so little anymore :love:
btw the animation in the calibration works fine for me
I'm gonna lay out all my pregnancy-related plans right here for the world to see, because a lot of people care about this :ROFLMAO: and I like to be transparent about things.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for letting me know about the animation! Sounds like it's working for people so far, which is good.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Is there an Android port out there or planed to come out anytime soon?
I've avoided making an Android build thus far. The game simply isn't designed for mobile; I've tested it, and there's issues with the UI getting bunched up oddly or the text overflowing/becoming microscopic at times.

Why Save Editor edited file cant be loaded in the game?
Pressing Yes isn't work.
No idea. I've never used a save editor. I think I recall some people a long time ago saying they had trouble with this too, so it probably has to do with how I coded the game (the code is rather unorthodox compared to regular Ren'Py games).

Super242

Mar 20, 2020
FlinPaltwell i got this error when opening page 4 of Julie's gallery

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 205, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 214, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 260, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 627, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 632, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 632, in <module>
File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 417, in make_button
action = self.Action(name)
File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 370, in Action
raise Exception("{0!r} is not a button defined in this gallery.".format(name))
Exception: 'JF_28s_night' is not a button defined in this gallery.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\Users\wonde\Downloads\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\wonde\Downloads\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\wonde\Downloads\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 301, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\wonde\Downloads\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2166, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "C:\Users\wonde\Downloads\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2688, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\wonde\Downloads\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\displayable.py", line 431, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Users\wonde\Downloads\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\displayable.py", line 431, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\wonde\Downloads\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 480, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\wonde\Downloads\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2688, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\wonde\Downloads\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 491, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\wonde\Downloads\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\LoveLustRocknRoll-1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 214, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 260, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 627, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 632, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 632, in <module>
File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 417, in make_button
action = self.Action(name)
File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 370, in Action
raise Exception("{0!r} is not a button defined in this gallery.".format(name))
Exception: 'JF_28s_night' is not a button defined in this gallery.

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll 1.7.0
Sun Aug 11 11:46:34 2024

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes