VN Ren'Py Abandoned Love, Lust & Lunacy [v1.0.1] [Meep!]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Okah

Mar 1, 2018
anyone got synopsis of the game ? like how girls are related to mc ? friends family gf etc ty

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
all i can say is .. very nicely done ... can't wait to see what you come up with .... awesome renders ... awesome story .. well so far at least :love:
will await further updates :love:

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: meepish

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Overview:
Introductions

Hi, my name is Ali. What am I supposed to call you, if I humbly may ask?

0b3d6fe59519b8a0bdef577f2e12c2bb.gif
Two handsome ladies immediately caught my attention and tickled my fancy.
It will be a pleasure to further make your acquaintace.

AlBetGam

Feb 22, 2018
anyone got synopsis of the game ? like how girls are related to mc ? friends family gf etc ty
If this game keeps the same relations as the original, then you have a wife and daughter and the other characters are unrelated (coworker, maid, daughter's friends, etc).

Reactions: Okah
Mar 29, 2023
ugh... forgot to take a look at the changelogs and I assumed it was a bit more than initial release. Pretty short but the renders look ok. Even though im not really a fan of the text box, you can still make it transparent.

Reactions: R68waga

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I'm not 100% sure if its the same dev, haven't had time to check (at work atm) :KEK:
Oh, I think it is the same dev that you think it is. He might've changed his name, but it's IANVS who did Doctor Amana: Sexual Therapist. Although from what I could glean, he was working on that game with three other peeps who ended up leaving and that was too much work for what he had going on IRL. That's his reasoning, whether you believe him or not is a different story.

That said, it never hurts to give someone a second chance, but I also agree with you being hesitant giving a dev who has already abandoned one project another chance. Too many dev's on here jump from game to game to milk their followers.
Scrolled back on the Patreon, and it looks like he recruited an IRL friend to take on most of the work. That has to be taken with a grain of salt, but I didn't follow the last game closely and have no reason to distrust that info; her name is now the main name on the banner as well.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Hah wow, taking a look at the public posts on their patreon this dev is VERY enthusiastic about their work lol

entitled devs who are so "secure" about their work while having already an abandonned game.....

... welp ... we all know what to expect

(but please proove me wrong)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdw6

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, Meep
The models look lovely.

PS: Loved it. :love:

The dialogue box needs to be fixed for sure.
I can't find the script anywhere, weird. :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: meepish

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Scrolled back on the Patreon, and it looks like he recruited an IRL friend to take on most of the work. That has to be taken with a grain of salt, but I didn't follow the last game closely and have no reason to distrust that info; her name is now the main name on the banner as well.
Not quite right.
Rome used to work as part of a team on Dr.Amana. That team fell apart and he had to learn to produce everything solo. He did that until work(irl) made it impossible for him to commit time to rendering and designing scenes to the levels they had been at. He searched these forums for ages looking for an artist to take over rendering so he could just focus on writing (since he has a tool for mostly automating coding). That process took about a year and a half. Meep is the new artist, but even in the Dr.Amana thread there was very little fanfare about this as they've basically stated this project is only just a spiritual successor with several key characters from that game having their appearances altered as well as their backgrounds.

I know that's a lot to digest but at this point the TL;DR is treat it as a new project from a new dev because there's so little left over aside from the writer that it's not gonna be remotely the same product.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Just to reiterate. The dev of Dr. Amana had to take over the project and learn how to render and do everything when his team quit (this was years ago). He produced some very nice updates after that, but eventually, his IRL responsibilities prevented him from committing the time needed for the project. The game was in a limbo for over a year, as he was searching for someone to take over the art which didn't work out.

Eventually, he talked to Meep, his IRL friend, and found that she is interested. But creative differences, etc etc, and eventually they settled on Meep taking over the creative direction, including the story and characters, and the original dev helping with the writing or something when he has the time.

This is basically a reboot of the game by a new dev, with the original dev's blessing. I didn't follow the thread closely in the last few months, so I'm not sure how much involvement the original dev has on this reboot.

It was either something like this or abandonment of Dr. Amana, so let's just see how things go. Good luck.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes