Badtanker63

Apr 14, 2019
Well did a clean game till the second time with Emily for the class assignment. Don't hit the back button to go back to the beginning of the Dialogue to change what you say. My game won't let me pick Emily. I can do other things like change the diamonds around and stuff like that but can't do the dialogue again. Also the diamonds don't all show their values says something like [values shown or values here] also the diamonds don't show with the mouse once you move them over to slot 1 but show still in the slot that they originally show in. . So far the ceremonial classes all are bug free. the game runs smoother as well as the dialogue. I'll add more later as I progress along. going to load a save and check that . Edit: went back in and the diamonds say <FXVALUE1> that is for the damage diamonds so far mid range that show that. Edit2: Don't go through the portal on the date with emily day with your other 2 companions. It will suddenly move from that dialogue to Emily's and she will be hidden behind the healer dude before and after you go through the portal. other than that everything i've mentioned so far is the problems that I've encountered clear to the continue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well did a clean game till the second time with Emily for the class assignment. Don't hit the back button to go back to the beginning of the Dialogue to change what you say. My game won't let me pick Emily. I can do other things like change the diamonds around and stuff like that but can't do the dialogue again. Also the diamonds don't all show their values says something like [values shown or values here]. So far the ceremonial classes all are bug free. the game runs smoother as well as the dialogue. I'll add more later as I progress along. going to load a save and check that . Edit: went back in and the diamonds say <FXVALUE1> that is for the damage diamonds so far mid range that show that.
I think that's fixed in the beta build (0.1.27). If it's not, let me know.

For the Emily problem, can you pass me a savegame?

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Still got Icon overlay in v0.1.27, I wonder if it would be easier to move the stats window to a safe location rather than relocate the effected Icons? Maybe over by the save/load window for example? Or make it narrower to fit to the right of the Icon? Even if you add more stats later I don't think you need to use any words longer than "Intelligence" to label them so it should still fit future expansion...

Snip20200102_1.png

Last edited:

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Quirk.... might have illuminating implications.

v0.1.27 MacOS I got stuck during first study date with Emily. As usual text would not highlight, could not be selected. No buttons were active, could not use the << button, save button etc. Nothing would respond to a left mouse click ANYWHERE on my mac. Right mouse click was responsive, but nothing could be selected from the contextual drop down menus. Then I hit the esc key! Everything returned to normal including the game!
I wish I could send you a savegame, unfortunately I still have not discovered that file location on the Mac, due to the unknown name of the enclosing folder.

Where I got stuck:
Snip20200102_2.png

• Thinking Face

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Quirk.... might have illuminating implications.

v0.1.27 MacOS I got stuck during first study date with Emily. As usual text would not highlight, could not be selected. No buttons were active, could not use the << button, save button etc. Nothing would respond to a left mouse click ANYWHERE on my mac. Right mouse click was responsive, but nothing could be selected from the contextual drop down menus. Then I hit the esc key! Everything returned to normal including the game!
That's a curious one. Sounds almost like there's a popup that thinks it's visible, but isn't (you can use Esc to close popups). If you see anything like that, pass me the savegame folder; the log might have something.

I wish I could send you a savegame, unfortunately I still have not discovered that file location on the Mac, due to the unknown name of the enclosing folder.
Should be at:
~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
That's a curious one. Sounds almost like there's a popup that thinks it's visible, but isn't (you can use Esc to close popups). If you see anything like that, pass me the savegame folder; the log might have something.

Should be at:
~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Yeah I know, that is where it ought to be....

• Haha

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
CRAP I’m a tired idiot, that was on my BootCamp Drive, that is the PC version! Grrrrrr
Yeah, I was gonna say, that looked suspiciously like the PC path :D

might be able to use that, though; now you have the filename, just do a HDD search on the OSX partition?

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Took a quick break from writing Act II.

View attachment 507039
Uhhhh you “Promoted” him to QUEEN * ??? I thought he scried as a Jack? Don’t tell me the healer is gonna take it in the arse from the tentacle monster to get the power for his dream of being a Battle Healer? Man I thought I was twisted! Ha ha ha!

* (and he's the Queen of Hearts at that!)

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Uhhhh you “Promoted” him to QUEEN??? I thought he scried as a Jack? Don’t tell me the healer is gonna take it in the arse from the tentacle monster to get the power for his dream of being a Battle Healer? Man I thought I was twisted! Ha ha ha!
I did wonder about that one, but there's no good Jack of Hearts pics online, so... Queen of Hearts he had to be :)

I do like those t-shirts, I need to see how I can use them in-game some time.

• Love
Reactions: Phoeniix and L30

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
I did wonder about that one, but there's no good Jack of Hearts pics online, so... Queen of Hearts he had to be :)

I do like those t-shirts, I need to see how I can use them in-game some time.
Wet T-shirt contest at the pub?
Winner gets a gem? No ... that wouldn’t get Molly... hmm some other prize

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
After going to Elsewhere with Katie and the Healer... event sequences are off and:

Snip20200105_1.png
Snip20200105_3.png
Map Icon is unresponsive
MacOS v0.1.27

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
After going to Elsewhere with Katie and the Healer... event sequences are off and:

Map Icon is unresponsive
MacOS v0.1.27
Yeah, 0.1.27 still has continuity issues. Once I'm done with 0.1.28 I need to spend time playing through it from scratch and seeing how I can break it. This specific issue is a NO_EXIT flag not being cleared after a conversation (you can see the city map icon is missing). I should really hide the quicknav icon in this case as well.

Reactions: Phoeniix
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes