Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
And *then* Love of Magic's done, and I move onto the next game, which is looking likely to be Morningstar.
Is Morningstar something you haven mentioned in the past here or your usuall communication ways, or a reference to someting outside of the Droid Production sphere?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is Morningstar something you haven mentioned in the past here or your usuall communication ways, or a reference to someting outside of the Droid Production sphere?
It's mentioned on the Patreon site, and there's a playable day 1 demo for patreons (sitting on the Book 3 steam build). I'll get back to expanding on it once I want some LoM downtime.

It's another Urban fantasy story, but grittier and set in America. Many of the same character archetypes return (so there is an Emily, a Molly, a Katie, etc) but they play different roles, and the story, the magic system, the world, etc is different. Someone on Discord referred to it as a Multiverse story, which I guess fits. It goes back to the discussions in Book 3 between MC and Emily on the nature of souls and personalities.

clitcommander

Feb 22, 2018
Emily is the primary love interest, so yeah.
Molly and Akane are two of the three Chosen (the last one being Bella).
Apart from that, there's a whole bunch of other LIs, Katie, Jenny and Chloe being the most significant ones.
Can you spill some beans for your next game? I mean you don't have to say it all just 1-2 things or maybe a little more like 3-4 things...nah fck it spill it all out :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:
It'll be scrabble instead of poker for combat :p

ComixJT

Oct 30, 2018
That's definitely weird.

Could you get me the player.log? Should be in the save folder.

PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Mac:
Saves: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Player.log: ~/Library/Logs//Droid Productions/Love of Magic/Player.log
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Sent as DM.

Reactions: Droid Productions

d3vnull

Nov 22, 2018
LoveOfMagic-Book3-0.3.14b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Need help or have questions? Let us know here, or join us on !
, . Peer issues? Look here.​
Can you please create a torrent for the first two books too?
Thanks

Crazy-San

Apr 3, 2020
So question. Is an INT build viable? I'm doing a strength build with rage and cluster gems right now and it feels like it would be much harder trying to do an int build with like fire or poison or something since so many things are immune to one type or another, so I would need way more gems. Also doesn't seem to be many INT stat checks, just high-strength ones, so from a story perspective strength seems better as well.

clitcommander

Feb 22, 2018
So question. Is an INT build viable? I'm doing a strength build with rage and cluster gems right now and it feels like it would be much harder trying to do an int build with like fire or poison or something since so many things are immune to one type or another, so I would need way more gems. Also doesn't seem to be many INT stat checks, just high-strength ones, so from a story perspective strength seems better as well.
I haven't tested a pure int build but I have tried all the gem type setups and it feels everything other than rage/cluster is niche so I save them for specific enemy types. Feel wise I would probably rate fire as the next best feeling build type but as you said immunity is an issue.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions
The game is made in Unity. Why the H do you then split the game in "books"? There is no good reason to do so in a Unity project.
Because it would be above 15GB at this point? And because it's for sale on Steam as 3 different products? And because I enjoy not accidentally breaking something in day 12 when adding new functionality needed for day 250?

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Droid Productions
The game is made in Unity. Why the H do you then split the game in "books"? There is no good reason to do so in a Unity project.
Because it would be above 15GB at this point? And because it's for sale on Steam as 3 different products? And because I enjoy not accidentally breaking something in day 12 when adding new functionality needed for day 250?
Hehehe This brings to mind something the MC says in the story which could be slightly adapted to apply here... MC said, "Play silly games. Win stupid prizes." In this case I would say, "Ask stupid questions. Get sharp replies." :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: notBatman747

Mappers

Apr 2, 2018
Are all the remaining chapters going to be in book 3? Or will they be in another book? I like waiting for the book to be finished before I play it in case things break or stuff earlier in the book gets changed.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Are all the remaining chapters going to be in book 3? Or will they be in another book? I like waiting for the book to be finished before I play it in case things break or stuff earlier in the book gets changed.
This is the final book of Love of Magic, but there's still 2 acts + epilogue to go. It was always planned as a trilogy.

(Apart from the rather snippy answer earlier, the other reason it's split into books is that it's a trilogy in the literal sense, and draws a lot of inspiration from LoTR in terms of the overall plot cycle.)

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes