Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
nuuuu i have so many questions like what was the point of the 3 creations what happened in new york ugh so many questions lol
The reference to New York is an inside joke (The Last Drop is a pub that Chloe runs in Morningstar). It's not a continuation, but some of the same souls come together in a new world, to once again save the day. Similarly, Chloe was the barrista serving you evil coffee in Making Movies.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
With the ending hinting at Morningstar with the kid's discution I was wondering if they would make a cameo in that game. Something only people that finished LoM might pick up on.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
With the ending hinting at Morningstar with the kid's discution I was wondering if they would make a cameo in that game. Something only people that finished LoM might pick up on.
If so it would be off-camera. Katie bitching about James trying to chat her up, or mentioning she made out with Elanora. There's a lot of off-center references; there's a photo of Keith mounted on the wall in the Gym, for example, and an artistic nude shot of Mab framed on the wall in the Caffeine Confessions.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

Koneko Toujou

Apr 30, 2019
The reference to New York is an inside joke (The Last Drop is a pub that Chloe runs in Morningstar). It's not a continuation, but some of the same souls come together in a new world, to once again save the day. Similarly, Chloe was the barrista serving you evil coffee in Making Movies.
i wanna say i thought the game was amazing it brought a tear to my eye in a few places like the end of book 2 and throughout 3 but on a side note what of the 3 loki experiments what was that test for?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
i wanna say i thought the game was amazing it brought a tear to my eye in a few places like the end of book 2 and throughout 3 but on a side note what of the 3 loki experiments what was that test for?
Ah, *those* :)

We'll see. There's a couple of encounters that hints at something that might happen when I get around to New Game+.

Reactions: BayJay47

BayJay47

Jun 9, 2018
It's over. Like every great fantasy story, it's a trilogy :)
I like this, and I like how you're revisiting some of the characters in Morningstar. Sure, I'd be happy with a book 4. I'd continue to support you, and I'd play it, and I'm sure I'd enjoy it... but this way we get a story to conclude, there's no risk of it becoming stale, and we don't really say goodbye. It's probably the best way to segue into a second game I've seen since I've been here.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
This is what happen when i try to extract the Book 2 archive :(
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not sure if someone gave you a proper answer to your issue, but the problem is the file for Book2 is invalid. If you dig into the zip file it is extracting to a folder called .zip which, if using a PC, is a double extension and so most systems will think it is trying to extract it into a zip file and then go nuts.

File either needs to be fixed (not likely) or you can adjust the folder name in the file to remove the .zip OR as suggested use a stupider unzipping tool.

Koneko Toujou

Apr 30, 2019
Reactions: Droid Productions

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I'm really enjoying this game, but... book 1 has the Love of Magic logo on the right while books 2 and 3 have it on the left, unplayable :illuminati:.
Huge respect to its author for completing his game, he deserves a break.
I've purchased the initial book, but I find it odd that the remaining books are separate games instead of dlcs so I'll wait until I finish the first book, which is quite long to see what happens (y).

Reactions: Droid Productions
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes