2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
Yea I saw that, I think my firewall blocks it by default which is intended behaviour since I don't want to upload hardware stats without my consent. It also has zero influence of a game running or not or a game showing a black screen or not. In fact, every unity game log displays the same "connection refused" line when attempting to upload shit to cdp.cloud.unity3d.com, which is entirely working as intended. Currently I have 2 more unity games installed (Autonauts and Factory Town) and they work without issues.

edit: 32-bit version has same behavior (music but black screen). log:

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yea I saw that, I think my firewall blocks it by default which is intended behaviour since I don't want to upload hardware stats without my consent. It also has zero influence of a game running or not or a game showing a black screen or not. In fact, every unity game log displays the same "connection refused" line when attempting to upload shit to cdp.cloud.unity3d.com, which is entirely working as intended. Currently I have 2 more unity games installed (Autonauts and Factory Town) and they work without issues.

edit: 32-bit version has same behavior (music but black screen). log:
Hmm. What's interesting is that (apart from the whining about network connection, and the system being unable to find the Steam specific components, which are #ifdef'ed away), it's not complaining. HW wise it's a 1050, which should be more than good enough (my dev system is a 1070ti).

It's defaulting to DX11 (as it should on Windows); it might be worthwhile seeing if OpenGL works better
-force-glcore

There's also some reports that tie that behavior to invalid window sizes (why is a separate question). Unity helpfully disabled the original launch menu, likely because it looked cheap, so now it auto-starts in fullscreen mode.

This should force it to start it as a 1080p windowed game:
-screen-fullscreen=0 -screen-width=1920 -screen-hight=1080

Sorry about this; testing on this game's gotten much better over the last 6 months, with a super active and helpful discord community, but bugs sometimes get through. And while it's a bad workman that blames his tools, I'm suspicious of Unity itself here :)

Reactions: L30

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
For those who want a guide but not the day to day walkthrough, I have made a separate file that just has the guide (party info, book info, etc.) . The day to day walkthrough still has the guide section, so you don't need this guide if you are using it.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Here poker is almost a rite of passage. If not learned from a family member you will have played it with friends or school mates at some point.

Also there is an auto feature for those that don't wish to play it.
Was about to say basically the same thing but you beat me to it. IMO the way the poker minigame is set up in this game is the perfect way to implement a game mechanic like this. It's something the dev obviously likes or they wouldn't have put it in there but at the same time they recognized that not everyone will like that minigame so they put an easy way to skip it in there. What's not to like? People who like it can play it, people who don't can skip it. No cheats needed.

Personally, I've always loved cards but I still think the auto play thing is a no brainer.

Reactions: DocSilence

DDacpug

Sep 15, 2017
MC did turn into an asshole though. Almost villain-ish level and it's way too distracting. A plot point I'm not too fond of lol

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Maybe it's a punny, You know? You play poker so you can Poke her.... get it?
(hey, i've seen devs use paper clips and baby pacifiers as enemies in shooter games., so anything can happen!)
Actually the real way to make this punny is "Play poker to poker". Then to make sure even those who are not all that punny get it is to add (pun intended). Poke her is not a pun but poker implies the former.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
MC did turn into an asshole though. Almost villain-ish level and it's way too distracting. A plot point I'm not too fond of lol
Where did he turn into an asshole though? He has anger management issues possibly, then again those are kind of provoked.

Reactions: DocSilence

DDacpug

Sep 15, 2017
Okay just finished this, and yeah, not exactly an asshole. Just that he's becomes too self-assured and verbose about it. The more realistic anti-Japanese harem MC, I guess.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Okay just finished this, and yeah, not exactly an asshole. Just that he's becomes too self-assured and verbose about it. The more realistic anti-Japanese harem MC, I guess.
Well if you mean by that how different he is between his accident with Molly and more a randy horndog with katie, Bella and the black flower girl plus Chloe I guess that might have to do with fact that is QOL content and not act content as such. Admittedly that does feel a bit off at time, but might have to do that you can do the QOL content at any moment.

DDacpug

Sep 15, 2017
Yeah I wasn't scrutinizing the dialogue or anything just felt like there were some jarring moments where his take-no-shit outbursts makes him look more like a punk than anything threatening or deserving of respect. Everything else feels great

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I wanted him to have some flaws; his anger issues (which magnify as he struggles with control), his blindness, etc. Flaws make for more interesting characters.

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
C'mon Droid Productions the below quotes doesn't spoiler it for me but OH it has me drooling over my keyboard in anticipation for the next release. I just hope my keyboard will survive it w/o a brain transplant. :p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes