SFlame56

Feb 21, 2020
Can you bring a save for a previews version to a new version also what day is it up to because Im still using version 0.4.36 and since the UI doesn't appear Im assuming that thats the last day of that version

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Can you bring a save for a previews version to a new version also what day is it up to because Im still using version 0.4.36 and since the UI doesn't appear Im assuming that thats the last day of that version
Previous saves work fine. Last public build ends day 97

pstear

May 21, 2020
Some scenes without music at Peveril?

As for video, yeah, it was the old video. Ended up redoing that a couple of days ago, it's in the latest build. Fixes fireflies in Emily's render, removes the logo and adds some particles to the scene
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think the scenes at Peveril without music were the soldier interogation and one at the end ( I am using an old laptop )

Like the video and appreciated all the other improvements , like the better introduction to Elsewhere at the start . Unlike other games where you just get new content at the end , this one is always a pleasure to begin again .

Realised on this playthrough just how well designed it is , because there are periods when companions are unavailable it forces you to learn how to use all the companions and a variety of tactics in Elsewhere for example .

Reactions: Droid Productions

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Finished Act 5. Which I'll do again back at home on a bigger screen, possibly.
This game is really good, and I'm not even that much into the scenes - really well built world, I applaud the effort.
Though the "videos" near the end were kind of cringe-worthy.
A few questions, though:
Is it possible to have the hints on a button press?

Is there any counter to poison? I've found there's some enemies that are vastly more dangerous on the grounds of using poison.

Supposedly, there's something when you manage to hit Emily when sparring, and the story went on and she left for business before I got that far. will there be another chance later on?

Lastly, as to some feedback:
- It feels weird that, when Emily left for a bit, the MC was asked if he's feeling down and some such, days after, at university.
Then again about that letter, 2 days after he received it. It felt like the events should have been closer together. It's your show, just an opinion.
- Emily wearing the "fantasy armour" didn't really bother me, until there's talk between MC and X about stabbing low to bypass defenses, and then it became kind of jarring.
- There's several cases where the current music keeps playing, f.Ex. when aquiring new chosen, so I had Jennies theme with Bella, and Molly's theme with Akane. Maybe an option to at least change it anywhere?

Best of luck on your job endeavours, as well. As someone who got out of games: What's the connection to CoViD?

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Though the "videos" near the end were kind of cringe-worthy.
Still learning AE :) I'm a programmer by trade, so art and animation was something I only really picked up for this project. I've worked with enough amazing artists that I'm well aware of my own lack of skills, but it's still fun to learn and develop. The big thing I was experimenting with for the End of Act V was doing everything from scratch, and setting it to music. Probably not the best bang / buck, but it was interesting.

Here's the evolution of the Day 1 arrivial of Emily, for example.

Ever tried, ever failed. No matter.
Try again, fail again. Fail better.

A few questions, though:
Is it possible to have the hints on a button press?
There's likely some space in the UI for it; I'd need to make that an opt-in thing, though. There's always going to be a balance between the people who really love the Poker dynamic (there's people who's logged 100+ hours on it, and argue passionately about builds on Discord), and people who don't like Poker / don't want combat, and just want to burn through as fast as possible to get back to the story.

Is there any counter to poison? I've found there's some enemies that are vastly more dangerous on the grounds of using poison.
Clear the board fast :) A Rage/Cluster build will do pretty obscene amounts of damage quickly, especially if you've got Molly and Akane on your team. You can change your Gem layout before the first round of combat starts

Supposedly, there's something when you manage to hit Emily when sparring, and the story went on and she left for business before I got that far. will there be another chance later on?
Yeah, Emily's back at the beginning of Act VI, so you get another shot at the final Emily related events (I've added a couple of new Elsewhere events with her as well).

- There's several cases where the current music keeps playing, f.Ex. when aquiring new chosen, so I had Jennies theme with Bella, and Molly's theme with Akane. Maybe an option to at least change it anywhere?
That sounds like a continuity bug. I'll see if I can nail them down. In general, there's two different modes of music. In free-roam it's tied to the room, but that's disabled when in a conversation. So I need to explicitly set it.

Best of luck on your job endeavours, as well. As someone who got out of games: What's the connection to CoViD?
Everyone's uncertain about the future; getting new publishing contracts is a pain, though there has been an uptick in actual revenue from games.

Lucid Lancer

May 29, 2018
Still learning AE :) I'm a programmer by trade, so art and animation was something I only really picked up for this project. I've worked with enough amazing artists that I'm well aware of my own lack of skills, but it's still fun to learn and develop. The big thing I was experimenting with for the End of Act V was doing everything from scratch, and setting it to music. Probably not the best bang / buck, but it was interesting.

You are doing this because you want to and constantly learning and improving at it, that matters quite much and will last a lifetime.
I confess i wasn't too keen to try this game out because of poker but now i can't seem to stop wanting to learn more about it's lore, worldbuilding and characters, and then there's the actual story.
And then there's Bella.

Clear the board fast :) A Rage/Cluster build will do pretty obscene amounts of damage quickly, especially if you've got Molly and Akane on your team. You can change your Gem layout before the first round of combat starts
Will try this out because shield is of little use against poison damage if you drag the battle multiple rounds and those arachnids are getting real cozy in elsewhere.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
I do concur it would be nice to have a "de-debuffer" skill for one of the less utilitarian characters. Bella is basically a "must-have" in my experience. Not only can she provide additional moves, but her abilities are nicely complementive - pure damage for when you want a burn (or run into poison-resistant golem or such), poison stacking for more durable enemies. Emily's shield can handle most direct attacks, aside from those rare high-difficult rage demons. Dylan needs to be transmogrified into something female, so we can turn her Chosen because regen+direct heal is so handy (especially combined with longer runs from Bella's camp ability). Molly is pretty powerful to use, too, which is pretty lucky for when Emily disappears to do Emily things. The Seer and her Foxy lady... can't say I enjoyed either. The shuffle is a double-edged weapon, since the enemy will likely benefit from it as well. Foxy has just one direct damage attack, which in itself wouldn't be overly bad, but you can't take her on her own anyway. Chloe is pretty... meh, considering Molly can do what Chloe does that much better anyway. Katie ended up bench-warming for me as soon as I got Bella, since her basical attack ability doesn't really scale that well, and the ULTIMATE MOVE is one-shot.

I went through the game with (mostly) pure-damage build, and Emily/Dylan/Bella pretty much wipe anything (or Molly/Dylan/Bella), aside from high-difficulty rage or poison enemies. Avoided Arachnids like the plague they are, though, precisely because pure damage deck won't burn fast enough to avoid GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!!one!1 poison stacking. Didn't even realize you can reassign the gems for each combat, though >.<

Speaking of which, might be nice to implement "gem loadout pre-sets" that also remove the gems used in them from "spare" listing so you don't accidentally end up selling those you want and use. And to make switching between specific counter-gem-builds easier than manual reassignment.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Speaking of which, might be nice to implement "gem loadout pre-sets" that also remove the gems used in them from "spare" listing so you don't accidentally end up selling those you want and use. And to make switching between specific counter-gem-builds easier than manual reassignment.
I've had that request a few times, so...let's see.

weapon_sets2.gif

Rolling out in 0.6.3 (tonight).

Sadly the naming convention is a bit confusing; I normally flip at the 'end' of the art. I decided to flip at the start this time, since it really makes more sense. So 0.6.3 is the third build of Act VI main content. There won't be a 0.7/0.8, the next ones are once act VI is out in the wild I start 0.9.1 and work towards the final release of Book 1.

(edit: Better gif, added visualization for which set is currently set up, sorted gems by type).

Last edited:

pstear

May 21, 2020
I went through the game with (mostly) pure-damage build, and Emily/Dylan/Bella pretty much wipe anything (or Molly/Dylan/Bella), aside from high-difficulty rage or poison enemies. Avoided Arachnids like the plague they are, though, precisely because pure damage deck won't burn fast enough to avoid GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!!one!1 poison stacking. Didn't even realize you can reassign the gems for each combat, though >.<
The Arachnids, Bronze Guardians and Hellions are new and sometimes if you are doing a playthough you do not have the resources for the tactics people advise

When I ran into Arachnids first I had Katie/Dylan/Bella and limited cash for gems . The only way I could see was to survive the first board and go for a two board kill , which I never achieved . Closest I got was by being defensive on what could be played and taking sillyrobots advice and using lightening for the stun , so trying to restrict the amount of poison even more .

In contrast the Bronze Guardians were easy , at this point you have Kitsune who just chops them up as long as you keep their damage under control . I wonder whether they should be switched with the Arachnids in the order things appear in .

As for Hellions .... Help . They are a long fight and I do not concentrate enough and slip up .

The poker game is constantly evolving and it just needs a bit more rebalancing in the light of experience , New opponents keep the game fresh , but there are always going to be balance issues .

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The Arachnids, Bronze Guardians and Hellions are new and sometimes if you are doing a playthough you do not have the resources for the tactics people advise

When I ran into Arachnids first I had Katie/Dylan/Bella and limited cash for gems . The only way I could see was to survive the first board and go for a two board kill , which I never achieved . Closest I got was by being defensive on what could be played and taking sillyrobots advice and using lightening for the stun , so trying to restrict the amount of poison even more .

In contrast the Bronze Guardians were easy , at this point you have Kitsune who just chops them up as long as you keep their damage under control . I wonder whether they should be switched with the Arachnids in the order things appear in .

As for Hellions .... Help . They are a long fight and I do not concentrate enough and slip up .

The poker game is constantly evolving and it just needs a bit more rebalancing in the light of experience , New opponents keep the game fresh , but there are always going to be balance issues .
The gem presets may well be a great help with that though, since it will give much greater flexibilty in choosing a tactic per enemy as changing all gems by hand per fight or when have a different allies setup as normal.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I think I'll move the Arachnids a little further back. Note that the Bronze Golem is the first of 6 tiers of Golems, tier V and VI are among the most vicious enemies in the game.

Mar 21, 2018

I thought the videos towards the end were well done. I especially liked the video where the player/God was moving towards the protected castle with gunfire bouncing off his shield. I thought it added a lot to the game. I especially liked the quote from one of the guards saying that he didn't sign up for fighting the damn X-men. I thought the video showed the player finally becoming a God well and I really liked it.

You can't please everyone. That is one thing I've learned over the years. My complaints are vastly different than someone else so you have to take it with a grain of salt and just absorb what you agree with and think of ways to do things better.

I've contributed to a few projects here on F95Zone. Players complain about virtually everything. Fortunately, your game is done so well that most of the complaints are just small areas of improvement.

Mar 21, 2018

For some reason, in my playthrough, I never encountered an elite enemy. I really wanted to though. I got my Elsewhere level up really high, above 50 and still no dice. I had the difficulty level maxed.

My most effective strategy in Elsewhere was with: Molly, Dylan, and Bella.

I never let enemies complete outside rows or complete the board. I discarded when needed. This helped a ton!

This was my final and most effective gem setup towards the end of Act V:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

pstear

May 21, 2020
I thought the videos towards the end were well done. I especially liked the video where the player/God was moving towards the protected castle with gunfire bouncing off his shield. I thought it added a lot to the game. I especially liked the quote from one of the guards saying that he didn't sign up for fighting the damn X-men. I thought the video showed the player finally becoming a God well and I really liked it.

You can't please everyone. That is one thing I've learned over the years. My complaints are vastly different than someone else so you have to take it with a grain of salt and just absorb what you agree with and think of ways to do things better.

I've contributed to a few projects here on F95Zone. Players complain about virtually everything. Fortunately, your game is done so well that most of the complaints are just small areas of improvement.
"All opinions are equal in worth and equal in value"

Everyone has something to contribute , sometimes people have problems expressing themselves but it still gives a clue that there might be an issue . In some areas , like understanding the game mechanics at the start , its the opinions of people who are new to the game that is likely to be really valuable .

Mar 21, 2018
"All opinions are equal in worth and equal in value"

Everyone has something to contribute , sometimes people have problems expressing themselves but it still gives a clue that there might be an issue . In some areas , like understanding the game mechanics at the start , its the opinions of people who are new to the game that is likely to be really valuable .
I never said your opinion had no value. I spoke up because I liked them and offered support.

"All opinions are equal in worth and equal in value" - false. I've seen numerous opinions that were childish, false, hate filled, trolling, and naive. I am not including you in any of these categories.

"Everyone has something to contribute , sometimes people have problems expressing themselves but it still gives a clue that there might be an issue . In some areas , like understanding the game mechanics at the start , its the opinions of people who are new to the game that is likely to be really valuable ."

I agree. If multiple people complain or provide feedback on the same issue it should be a red flag for the developer. Your opinion matters. I never implied that it didn't. I just offered a different opinion.

Personally, I wish more players would get involved and provide reviews and feedback. There are a lot of "download and run" players on F95Zone. They only post if they run into a problem they can't solve and never bother to take the time to write reviews and give feedback.

Reactions: Real Kreten

pstear

May 21, 2020
I never said your opinion had no value. I spoke up because I liked them and offered support.
I never thought that you were being critical for one minute , the quote is a variation of something in the game you should recognise .

I do wish that more people new to the game would contribute , I am concerned about how easy it is to understand at the start , but having played so much I am not really the best to comment .

Sometimes people have problems putting things into words , when there is an issue . I try to help when I can ( Hence the posts on Arachnids earlier ) . Looking through this particular thread , the people here are good people .

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I never thought that you were being critical for one minute , the quote is a variation of something in the game you should recognise .

I do wish that more people new to the game would contribute , I am concerned about how easy it is to understand at the start , but having played so much I am not really the best to comment .

Sometimes people have problems putting things into words , when there is an issue . I try to help when I can ( Hence the posts on Arachnids earlier ) . Looking through this particular thread , the people here are good people .
That tends to happen when you have a nice dev that reacts to people in the thread. Really amazing but that keeps threads positive on the whole except when get unlucky for some Trolls that get disappointed with a game for their reasons that are mostly that a game is not as they wish it is.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes