Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
In regards to "improving combat" what do you mean? Are you referring to simply expanding what is there, such as giving the companions more abilities or is it more behind the scenes thing to make battles flow differently?
For book 1 it's mostly QoL stuff. More enemies, better feedback, possibly improve tutorial, the latest build has a couple of new ally abilities, that kind of thing. Going forward, I also need to properly integrate attacking with X and multi-stage combat.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
For book 1 it's mostly QoL stuff. More enemies, better feedback, possibly improve tutorial, the latest build has a couple of new ally abilities, that kind of thing. Going forward, I also need to properly integrate attacking with X and multi-stage combat.
Oh there's a new build? Huh I completely missed that

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Oh there's a new build? Huh I completely missed that
I do builds every 1-3 days, depending on how much further I get. They're usually not public, since they're in mid-development (and frequently get broken, or incomplete content) but you can always grab the latest beta from

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I do builds every 1-3 days, depending on how much further I get. They're usually not public, since they're in mid-development (and frequently get broken, or incomplete content) but you can always grab the latest beta from
Ah that'd explain it, I've not been on discord in a few days. Cool I'll need to catch it

Reactions: Droid Productions

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
So, reading this thread: Dylan has a regeneration ability? The more you know.
Maybe I'll find out how to get that on a second playthrough.

Personally, I like to pretend that Emily is wearing honest-to-MC armor with expected coverage, and ignore the evidence of my eyes.
Not a fan of "armor" that fails at its basic purpose, either ;)
Especially after the MC looks for a suit for Molly that's less revealing. :D

Also, I wonder: Does the Level matter, later in the game? I've been fighting less in elsewhere, as opposed to just reading a book or something, because fighting takes way longer to advance the story, and it does tend to be repetitive.

As for the button pressing on companion abilities:
Somehow, I always managed to confirm by just clicking somewhere on the screen, if there was only one option. It's a click, but no mouse movement necessary.

Edit: After hearing that not all necromancers are cult followers, I kinda want to encounter one you can actually just talk with.
Preferably with at least halfway sane reasons. :D

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
So, reading this thread: Dylan has a regeneration ability? The more you know.
Maybe I'll find out how to get that on a second playthrough.

Especially after the MC looks for a suit for Molly that's less revealing. :D

Also, I wonder: Does the Level matter, later in the game? I've been fighting less in elsewhere, as opposed to just reading a book or something, because fighting takes way longer to advance the story, and it does tend to be repetitive.

As for the button pressing on companion abilities:
Somehow, I always managed to confirm by just clicking somewhere on the screen, if there was only one option. It's a click, but no mouse movement necessary.

Edit: After hearing that not all necromancers are cult followers, I kinda want to encounter one you can actually just talk with.
Preferably with at least halfway sane reasons. :D
Who said the non-cult ones are more sane. They all use ritual murder to gain magical power and stitch bits of people together. Probably at least as many of the non-cult are too nuts for the cult to accept as the number that are sane-ish sociopaths/psychopaths but don't know about it/don't want to join.

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
<snip>
Dylan needs to be transmogrified into something female, so we can turn her Chosen because regen+direct heal is so handy (especially combined with longer runs from Bella's camp ability).

<snip>
Healers, Enchanters, and Evokers can't become Chosen -- it's mentioned in the lore of the game (a discussion w/ Katie IIRC). The "spark" that lets them wield magic occupies the same slot that Chosen use to gain power from their deity. So Katie, Emily, and Dylan are going to remain independent.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Thanks. I managed to miss every single one of the first block - and if the chosen upgrade on bella was supposed to be somehow noticeable or visible, I also missed that.
Only the first entry of the first block exists in the game on this site. We're at 0.5, those other entries show up n 0.6.2.

Buttfor

Jul 22, 2017
Thanks. I managed to miss every single one of the first block - and if the chosen upgrade on bella was supposed to be somehow noticeable or visible, I also missed that.
Same, never brought both wifey and Dylan on the same trip, and with him never upgrading the armor just seemed to work better so I never ended up proccing Dylan and Katie's convos

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
The only reason to use heals if you take damage, and with poison killing you anyways if you don't win in one board, the prevailing tactic seems to be bursting them down? Reminds me a bit of Path of Exile. :/
Who said the non-cult ones are more sane.
I dunno, the MC isn't the most reasonable character at times, either. :D
So if they met someone and the conversation went like "yeah, sorry about the mass murder thing, but you play the game and take your chances. Wasn't all that out of place in my time. "...
"Anyways, I don't really want the world to end. And I'm still pissed at [that other guy] who stole one of my favourite bodies 120 years ago". ;)
Ah, well, guess I just have something for "bad guys" with understandable reasons.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
The only reason to use heals if you take damage, and with poison killing you anyways if you don't win in one board, the prevailing tactic seems to be bursting them down? Reminds me a bit of Path of Exile. :/

I dunno, the MC isn't the most reasonable character at times, either. :D
So if they met someone and the conversation went like "yeah, sorry about the mass murder thing, but you play the game and take your chances. Wasn't all that out of place in my time. "...
"Anyways, I don't really want the world to end. And I'm still pissed at [that other guy] who stole one of my favourite bodies 120 years ago". ;)
Ah, well, guess I just have something for "bad guys" with understandable reasons.
Get more health. Around 80ish strength, I noticed I survived the end-of-turn poison application (it might happen earlier, I sort of went from high 60s to low 80s is a day or two). Dylan can almost completely repair your damage in-between.

I still prefer to nuke the demon lords and poison appliers ASAP though. Dropping them before the board clears is satisfying (and safest).

I could see a few necromancers like that. A sort-of ally-of-last-resort that one could never ever turn one's back on.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Yeh, I never got strength over 30. But I only went to fight maybe twice a week. It just gets darn repetitive fast.
Suppose I shouldn't have gone for poison myself - needs int, which doesn't help you live.
But I plan to replay chapter 5 anyways - just not the same on a tiny laptop. Suppose I'll switch to a rage and shielding build.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Yeh, I never got strength over 30. But I only went to fight maybe twice a week. It just gets darn repetitive fast.
Suppose I shouldn't have gone for poison myself - needs int, which doesn't help you live.
But I plan to replay chapter 5 anyways - just not the same on a tiny laptop. Suppose I'll switch to a rage and shielding build.
The current op build is rage+cluster. I myself lean more toward shield+lightning, but that's low damage and makes many fights last longer. :) Best you can do is experiment, and pick what you like best though.

It can get a bit grindy, but don't bother upgrading charisma. You get shit load of free points just showing. You can upgrade strength by reading the books you buy in the librairy (read them while you have a coffee). You can also get points in the gym. Your stats will go up real quick that way :)

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
The current op build is rage+cluster. I myself lean more toward shield+lightning, but that's low damage and makes many fights last longer. :) Best you can do is experiment, and pick what you like best though.

It can get a bit grindy, but don't bother upgrading charisma. You get shit load of free points just showing. You can upgrade strength by reading the books you buy in the librairy (read them while you have a coffee). You can also get points in the gym. Your stats will go up real quick that way :)
I wonder if rage is meant to give you extra damage on shields? Cluster + Rage is just way too obvious - wouldn't know why I'd ever go for straight damage on the higher levels.
But that's the thing: Reading books, which I did, doesn't really give you anywhere as many stat points as going fighting.
And I went and upped swordfighting to 20 or so, never know if I'll ever need that. So far I didn't.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I wonder if rage is meant to give you extra damage on shields? Cluster + Rage is just way too obvious - wouldn't know why I'd ever go for straight damage on the higher levels.
But that's the thing: Reading books, which I did, doesn't really give you anywhere as many stat points as going fighting.
And I went and upped swordfighting to 20 or so, never know if I'll ever need that. So far I didn't.
If memory serves, only 15points are needed for now for swordsmanship, but I'm not sure what Droid Productions ' plan is for later :) Tagging him so he can answer that better :)

DarkDestro

May 29, 2017
Hey. I just wanna say that this game is probably the best game I've played in this genre. The story is amazing and very engaging. I really enjoy it compared to most other games. The thing i feel might be something to work with is perhaps doing some more dialogue during the sex scenes, stretching them out abit. But that being said i would play the game even if it didn't have any sex scenes because i enjoy it alot.
I also like how you implement many of the characters into the story. The character development is pretty well done too.

I only wish to someday make a game such as yours with one of my stories.
If i didn't have a rough time with cash IRL because of the whole corona issue i would without a doubt donate to this game but i will make sure to do it in the future :D

All in all amazing game, i would give it a 7/5 in score because it's so darn good. Dev if you do read this please know you have made a stranger on the internet very content and happy with your work. I wish you all the best and i hope your journey with the game continues to be as amazing as it has been.
Have a good one mate! :)

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes