Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If memory serves, only 15points are needed for now for swordsmanship, but I'm not sure what Droid Productions ' plan is for later :) Tagging him so he can answer that better :)
I'll be integrating Sword-fighting into the combat at some point; I'm not sure if I do it for Act VI or leave it for the next act. At that point, your sword fighting stats will affect the moves you can make and the damage

Reactions: Paapi

pstear

May 21, 2020
I think game needs an increase in pub salary
I'm more worried by beer at £10 a pint !

But that's the thing: Reading books, which I did, doesn't really give you anywhere as many stat points as going fighting.
You can always read books in the evening when you cant go into Elsewhere if you don't need the money for working in the Crowley

I have been experimenting with sillyrobots advice on a single lightening gem and its got to be considered in any gem loadout along with a shield . If the outside rows are going to split two and two a stun at the right time gives you both .

Last edited:

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Ok, I got a lore question here:
From memory, X said he didn't notice much while stuck in the stone.
Which, if I remember correctly, was for about 1500 years.
When the MC asks about were creatures as chosen, X drops that were bears liked to tag along with viking raiding parties.
But the viking expansion started centuries after X supposedly ending up in a stone again.
How does he know?

Also, is he put back into a stone every time his wielder bites it?

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
When the MC asks about were creatures as chosen, X drops that were bears liked to tag along with viking raiding parties.
But the viking expansion started centuries after X supposedly ending up in a stone again.
How does he know?

Yeah, the timing is off 3-4 centuries. My flippant answer is maybe X is tapping into MC's sorcerous abilities and just knows.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
How does he know?

He's a semi-divine weapon, he shows up where he's meant to be, returning to the Stone afterwards. He mentions some of his other famous wielders, which places him in Mongolia, India, Threcia and Japan.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Will we ever meet that drinking fairy at the Crowley ever again? I so want to do lewd thing with her :devilish:
After I meet a Fairy in a game called What a Legend something awakening within me. I think have a fetish for Fairy:rolleyes:.
I loved What a Legend, it's one of the Game of Friends on MC's PC.

Snowdrop will be back :)

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
How does he know?

In the last Arthur film the wielder becomes the stone so maybe that's what happens.

Poor Eric Bana

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Will we ever meet that drinking fairy at the Crowley ever again? I so want to do lewd thing with her :devilish:
After I meet a Fairy in a game called What a Legend something awakening within me. I think have a fetish for Fairy:rolleyes:.
Off topic, Long Live the Princess has a few fun scenes with your fairy partner, if you haven't looked at it previously.

Reactions: Amnik and NukaCola

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
The current op build is rage+cluster. I myself lean more toward shield+lightning, but that's low damage and makes many fights last longer. :) Best you can do is experiment, and pick what you like best though.

It can get a bit grindy, but don't bother upgrading charisma. You get shit load of free points just showing. You can upgrade strength by reading the books you buy in the librairy (read them while you have a coffee). You can also get points in the gym. Your stats will go up real quick that way :)
wrong! Lightning+poison is the GOAT !
I wonder if rage is meant to give you extra damage on shields? Cluster + Rage is just way too obvious - wouldn't know why I'd ever go for straight damage on the higher levels.
But that's the thing: Reading books, which I did, doesn't really give you anywhere as many stat points as going fighting.
And I went and upped swordfighting to 20 or so, never know if I'll ever need that. So far I didn't.
but you can read when it's too late to fight/
Aoife yes, Zenia yes.
sorry Droid, you had a typo

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
More important than the cash would be making certain you retain rights to use the framework. If it turns into a work-for-hire, rights are assigned to the company, it could get ugly.
It's... complicated. In many ways. But the short answer is I get to help accelerate a company I do love towards making games I do enjoy, and it doesn't impact Love of Magic legally. Realistically; I enjoy the new game (Paradise Lust), so I spent time today (Saturday morning) that I would otherwise have spent on Love of Magic getting it set up on steam. But in the long run I think it's better for both; if it works it means I have an actual job, and Love of Magic can remain a passion project. At the same time, because I'm quite open about it and have the rights for it, code can flow both ways, with suggestions from designers on Paradise Lust being implemented in one and carried over to another. An early example of that is the Quest system; I know it's been something people have asked for since the first release, and I've tried to avoid; less because it's hard to make, but because I don't want to make it a laundry-list of tasks to complete. Spending some time arguing with designers at work convinced me that there might be a role from as a replacement/compliment to online walk-throughs (though I still have reservations); as such I implemented it once, and ported it over once it was solidified. It'll be in the next release.

I will say this wasn't an easy thing (even beyond the initial "wtf do you mean you're working on a game without telling us" talk) I spent a lot of energy on firewalling my NSFW personality from my real life, and... well, the people I work think OpSec means "I only post these things on my facebook announcements to 'friends and friends of friends'". So I fully expect this to get out. I guess I better just lean into it :)

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
It's... complicated. In many ways. But the short answer is I get to help accelerate a company I do love towards making games I do enjoy, and it doesn't impact Love of Magic legally. Realistically; I enjoy the new game (Paradise Lust), so I spent time today (Saturday morning) that I would otherwise have spent on Love of Magic getting it set up on steam. But in the long run I think it's better for both; if it works it means I have an actual job, and Love of Magic can remain a passion project. At the same time, because I'm quite open about it and have the rights for it, code can flow both ways, with suggestions from designers on Paradise Lust being implemented in one and carried over to another. An early example of that is the Quest system; I know it's been something people have asked for since the first release, and I've tried to avoid; less because it's hard to make, but because I don't want to make it a laundry-list of tasks to complete. Spending some time arguing with designers at work convinced me that there might be a role from as a replacement/compliment to online walk-throughs (though I still have reservations); as such I implemented it once, and ported it over once it was solidified. It'll be in the next release.

I will say this wasn't an easy thing (even beyond the initial "wtf do you mean you're working on a game without telling us" talk) I spent a lot of energy on firewalling my NSFW personality from my real life, and... well, the people I work think OpSec means "I only post these things on my facebook announcements to 'friends and friends of friends'". So I fully expect this to get out. I guess I better just lean into it :)
I'm glad for you. In a previous life I had a opportunity to provide an employer with source I had previously worked on and everything went well. Another time, as a client, a receiver took over a company we dealt with and he was a disaster both for the previous vendor and us as he refused to honour legal agreements wrt escrowed source transfer.

All I'm suggesting is you make sure you do have some insulation. Talking to a lawyer is always preferential, but there are less formal steps that can help such as getting a letter signed by an officer of the company acknowledging your prior ownership and thanking you for the donation of a non-exclusive, assignable, non-transferable, license to use.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes