Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Another two awesome wallpapers from . I was sharing some early renders from my Forest Pixie character (she shows up once the Crowley is sufficiently upgraded). Alorth made them far better than I could have done on my own. Apart from that, Act II is now content complete, and in Beta. Hoping to clear that this weekend... so. Coming soon :)

TGIF!
pixie_wp1.png

pixie_wp2.png

jtjr26

Dec 6, 2019
Played through the availavle content and I like what I have scene so far. The characters were a little undefined so far but its early in the dev process. I really like Emily. She is tough but vulnerable aspect to her. Looking forward to more.

Reactions: BuddhaOnaDiet

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Really liking the game. However it would be nice if it were renpy instead of unity. Have no idea how difficult it would be to switch over. If it's unrealistic you can disregard my comment. Keep up the good job!
Ps. Molly needs a proper spanking session (attitude adjustment) ;)
I can understand your love of RenPy...I like it myself. There are aspects of the game mechanics and how the Dev's workflow functions that would make RenPy unsuitable. I'll not get into the technical aspects, but the whole organizational structure is different and trying to "adapt" the work already done to a RenPy version would be a nightmare. Also, much of the character of the current game would likely be lost..... gotta agree about Molly. :devilish::devilish::devilish:
...and maybe a certain instructor of Ceremonial Magic needs a humbling experience with some Beastie from Elsewhere...?

Droid, you may have already caught this but:
Snip20200117_1.png
off and of should maybe be swapped in the reference to cage fighting?
Such a small "f"-ing difference I know..... (couldn't help myself)

BuddhaOnaDiet

Oct 10, 2019
I can understand your love of RenPy...I like it myself. There are aspects of the game mechanics and how the Dev's workflow functions that would make RenPy unsuitable. I'll not get into the technical aspects, but the whole organizational structure is different and trying to "adapt" the work already done to a RenPy version would be a nightmare. Also, much of the character of the current game would likely be lost..... gotta agree about Molly. :devilish::devilish::devilish:
...and maybe a certain instructor of Ceremonial Magic needs a humbling experience with some Beastie from Elsewhere...?

Droid, you may have already caught this but:
View attachment 522199
Fair enough. Thank's for the answer.
And yes, the "none magical, fake magicians" ehm I mean the ceremonial magicians needs a bit of humbling for sure.

Reactions: Phoeniix

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Fair enough. Thank's for the answer.
And yes, the "none magical, fake magicians" ehm I mean the ceremonial magicians needs a bit of humbling for sure.
We have what looks like an Release Candidate in testing for Act II now. It adds quite a lot of new content, and is centered on the growth of Molly's story. I don't know if she gets humbled, but she learns her place in life, which is face down and ass up ;)

If you're interested in beta-testing, the builds are on discord:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Fixed, thanks.

And yeah, lots of nice things about RenPy, especially stuff like the savegame system. Unfortunately some other stuff would be much harder (visual effects like the bloom filters, the various 3D elements like the cards and the boards, the poker game in general, and the bone-based animation systems). The dialog system is also shaping the Marco/Polo nature of the conversation, which wouldn't make much sense on Renpy, sadly.

BuddhaOnaDiet

Oct 10, 2019
Fixed, thanks.

And yeah, lots of nice things about RenPy, especially stuff like the savegame system. Unfortunately some other stuff would be much harder (visual effects like the bloom filters, the various 3D elements like the cards and the boards, the poker game in general, and the bone-based animation systems). The dialog system is also shaping the Marco/Polo nature of the conversation, which wouldn't make much sense on Renpy, sadly.
It's really not a big deal. I just feel that renpy runs smoother.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
It's really not a big deal. I just feel that renpy runs smoother.
I agree it does...because it is far simpler and more of a VN platform and not so much of a Game Engine,
at least not on the scale of Unity.
Unity if you take a look at it, is an amazing piece of software that can be literally made to do almost anything.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I agree it does...because it is far simpler and more of a VN platform and not so much of a Game Engine,
at least not on the scale of Unity.
Unity if you take a look at it, is an amazing piece of software that can be literally made to do almost anything.
Renpy is a tool that does VNs really well. The further from VNs you get, the more it will fight you. Unity, on the other hand, can be used to make anything from high-end VR games to simple mobile clickers. It's also got the ability to blow up your leg if you accidentally drop it. So pros and cons :)

A huge thank to the people who flooded into the Discord yesterday and helped test. I was hoping we were almost done. I was wrong ;) But I'd rather find those bugs before I release, so it's all good. There's some spelling errors and continuity errors I'm fixing, but that shouldn't take long. The bigger one is that sometimes the poker shuffling mechanic blows up. I'm not sure why... debugging.

Invites to Discord are still open:

RanchFTW

Donor
Oct 21, 2017

I got around to updating the group-shot; left to right I've mostly aligned them to get the martial elements together, with the normies over on the right.
Nice workout on the pic. I really like your game, so keep doing what you're doing. Amazing work so far, and am looking forward to more.

mrmcfappen

Sep 10, 2019
It's Mon. 16 September evening. Dylan and I just signed up for militia to get the armors and now when I click on Elsewhere portal it just says "I've got thing to do first", when I click on Katie nothing happens, when I click on Quick access for locations icon nothing happens, when I advance time it becomes night if I do it again message "I should head back to the Crowley and sleep" pops up and nothing more happens. Basically, I'm stuck at the basement of Crowley, can't enter Elsewhere and can't leave the portal room. I've used Ctrl+J to adjust money and stats before that day. The current values are(cash=935 str=13 chr=11 int=15) not astronomical or anything though I might be wrong. Did changing money or stats broke the game or is this just a bug caused by something else?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's Mon. 16 September evening. Dylan and I just signed up for militia to get the armors and now when I click on Elsewhere portal it just says "I've got thing to do first", when I click on Katie nothing happens, when I click on Quick access for locations icon nothing happens, when I advance time it becomes night if I do it again message "I should head back to the Crowley and sleep" pops up and nothing more happens. Basically, I'm stuck at the basement of Crowley, can't enter Elsewhere and can't leave the portal room. I've used Ctrl+J to adjust money and stats before that day. The current values are(cash=935 str=13 chr=11 int=15) not astronomical or anything though I might be wrong. Did changing money or stats broke the game or is this just a bug caused by something else?
Could you send me the save game file, and I'll have a look. If you're on the PC, it will be at
C:\[USER]\odin\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes