SapphireBlaze

May 24, 2017
That's exactly what I did up till after setting up. Nothing. And that icon straight up did not exist through to the end of act 2 in my save. So I'm definitely starting over.

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
So I'm getting a text cut off bug where all the text just gets cut off if it's longer than one line.

Edit: looks like this bug only happens if you disable the scroll text option in Settings. That's a darn shame cuz I highly prefer instant text. Just thought I'd point out the bug though.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So I'm getting a text cut off bug where all the text just gets cut off if it's longer than one line.

Edit: looks like this bug only happens if you disable the scroll text option in Settings. That's a darn shame cuz I highly prefer instant text. Just thought I'd point out the bug though.
So if I disable scroll, you get that effect? Thanks for the heads up, I'll fix that ASAP.

Reactions: L30

nielsen145

Donor
Oct 29, 2019
still playing as we i write now, but i reached a point, where my teacher is in the bar and singing, funny thing is, its not Danish, because iam Danish, its more of a mix of swedish and norwegian, i know the song btw and i could easily write in danish

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
still playing as we i write now, but i reached a point, where my teacher is in the bar and singing, funny thing is, its not Danish, because iam Danish, its more of a mix of swedish and norwegian, i know the song btw and i could easily write in danish
Yes, please! I found the song on a website, where it was claimed it was Danish. Let me know what it's supposed to be, and I'll update it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

Thanks for the repro; it took a while, but I tracked it down. What was happening was, if you switched from appearing text to immediate text, it would still remember the old text length, and never go beyond that.

Fixed, I'll do an update over the weekend with some new content, balance fixes and more generous cash payout (some players were mentioning that they were feeling cash-bound, which isn't fun... I don't want to make you grind). I'm also adding a new enemy character (Fire Elemental), which as usual come in 3 versions (Grunt, Knight and Lord). I'll likely spend some time balancing them and looking at new functionality tomorrow (so for example, making them resistant to fire... which makes sense, but would suck when it comes to Katie's fireball).

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks for the review, rhev. I agree night is under-utilized now (the only event currently triggering is Bella and Katie meeting at the Grassmarket). I'm working to change that for the next major release. The idea is that while some events are tied to the timeline (so you will always go with Emily to the Restaurant on day X), others happen more dynamically. Katie/Bella, for example, will happen any night after day 20. Others are tied to characters being available; Emily's dynamic events won't trigger while she's supposed to be gone, Bella's events won't start triggering until you've officially met her. Some events are also tied to Elsewhere (the biggest currently implemented is the Black Rose).

The goal is that basically, as the game gets more complete it gets not only *longer*, but also *deeper*. By the time Act IV is out, playing from the beginning should have a much richer Edinburgh with more little side-stories and random encounters. And since I'm not using the nights for anything, that's the obvious place I know it's safe to schedule events that happen randomly ("meet me, tomorrow night, for example). In an ideal world I would have already done that, but sadly the hours of the day are not in my favor :)

abiorigins

Donor
Sep 4, 2017
Thanks for the bug report. I'll have a look. Just to be sure; this is PC + 0.2.10a?

Edit:
Okay, this is strange. I grab your save, load it up. Chloe pops up. I click on her, and story continues. So the savegame is fine.

Could you get me the console log as well? It'll be in the same folder as the savegames.
Oh ok that is strange, nothing happens when i click on chloe and yes it is PC+0.2.10.a I attached the log files too. I am not sure why log files did not attached. I tried to attach Player.log and Player prev.log

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
How do you get the black rose?
The Treasure room in Elsewhere has a random chance. It's a bit too low drop probability right now, I'm adjusting it up (to 50%, as long as you don't have a rose) for the next release.

You can grab the interim build here if you struggle to get hold of it.

PC :
OSX:

Changelog:
- Adjusted money output
- Shield gems now do different tiers of blocking damage,
- Resting in Elsewhere now has setup for little mini-events with characters (only full event so far is Emily)
- Three new enemies; Fire Elemental Grunt, Knight and Lord added to Elsewhere
- exiting Elsewhere prematurely now advances time
- fixed a a bug where switching from anmimating to immediate text display would break text output
- fixed a bug where minimizing the conversation UI from elsewhere would hide it
- fullscreen images now work inside elsewhere
- increased drop-rate of the Black rose to 50% as long as you don't already have one (previously it was 20%, with no check to see if you had one)

(edit: I'd forgotten the change log update for that :D )

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Okay, nudged by Rhev, I decided to take a running start at the first of the night-time events. 3 days after you first have the chance to meet Bella, you can again meet her at the Grassmarket. Apart from a brief discussion of the nature of werewolf commandos, she invites you along for a night of drinking and strip-poker with Katie.

And with that... TGIF :)

poker2.png

ecoli

Aug 17, 2017
just finished, really enjoyed it but never got a black rose and missed the 2nd meeting with Bella, well feck, don't really want to start again, feckit will download the update and restart act 2.
ps really needs the memory replay, and maybe some dream sequences just to keep the fappability up with the rest of the game.
Ty for the good work, am looking forward to how this progresses

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
just finished, really enjoyed it but never got a black rose and missed the 2nd meeting with Bella, well feck, don't really want to start again, feckit will download the update and restart act 2.
ps really needs the memory replay, and maybe some dream sequences just to keep the fappability up with the rest of the game.
Ty for the good work, am looking forward to how this progresses
I'm working on the second meeting with Bella today, so that isn't in the build. Apart from the black rose, there's another three optional events:
1. Strip MMA with Katie
2. Katie's Perfect Gem
3. Olivia's Ceremonial Magic

Reactions: L30 and Phoeniix
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes