DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
So the current thinking is that, each time you gain *real* power, all the gems are accessible one tier below (so three-of-a-kind now fits in a pair slot, etc). This means you can have 4 true, flawless gems installed (straight flushes aren't that uncommon when you add sorcery into the mix). That will be the upgrades that are story driven; when the sword that is lost is found, when the mantle is re-united, when the aliance is sealed, etc. Apart from that, people are asking why STR doesn't increase damage, which I guess it should do.. this side of things is still in flux; with the latest version there's finally enough non-trivial poker to play to have a real discussion about balance. One of the dirty secrets of strategy games is that none of it matters until you play the game :)
True that last. :p Well both strength and int could maybe add to the damage you do outside of the gems or make it more likely you get good cards or such and it would make sense that once you get powerful enough things like a wraith could be one shotted. Also if you feel like coding things like that for example wraiths could take lower damage from physical and firelords from fire and such. Just not sure how hard that could be to code and balance, so take what I say with a few bags of salt. :p

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
True that last. :p Well both strength and int could maybe add to the damage you do outside of the gems or make it more likely you get good cards or such and it would make sense that once you get powerful enough things like a wraith could be one shotted. Also if you feel like coding things like that for example wraiths could take lower damage from physical and firelords from fire and such. Just not sure how hard that could be to code and balance, so take what I say with a few bags of salt. :p
I'm actually working on the beginning of that system; it's needed for Bella and the Fire Elementals. Basically, I'm having to implement passive abilities for Companions (in Bella's case she automatically takes 10% of all damage dealt to you, in addition to being able to fully absorb the next hit if you ask for it. If you wanted a bodyguard, you can't ask for one better, or more loyal, than a werewolf). In addition to that, for the Fire Elementals I wanted the idea of a passive resistence to fire (sorry, Katie). That's new code, so I need to write and test it.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm actually working on the beginning of that system; it's needed for Bella and the Fire Elementals. Basically, I'm having to implement passive abilities for Companions (in Bella's case she automatically takes 10% of all damage dealt to you, in addition to being able to fully absorb the next hit if you ask for it. If you wanted a bodyguard, you can't ask for one better, or more loyal, than a werewolf). In addition to that, for the Fire Elementals I wanted the idea of a passive resistence to fire (sorry, Katie). That's new code, so I need to write and test it.
They will take also more damage from Ice gems though? :p Well that does seem interesting. It will deepen the mini game and makes Katie not always the best option. Just be careful mini games can be done in a few minutes max per duel.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So, chatting about Bella and the Pack, and the idea of domesticated werewolves, the thing that rose to my mind were Irish Wolfhounds. Who are some seriously impressive animals.

1580054596622.png

This works on a number of levels, which is something I'm always in love of. On one hand, the Pack is clearly domesticated; they serve in the military, for Gods sake. They're still incredibly imposing creatures (see pic). They've got that shaggy face (which was an accidental addition with Bella, but I'll take it). And they live really short lives (for a big dog). Something went wrong in their breeding. And I thought... that makes sense. Bella's view on the world, her maturity and her 'don't give a shit' attitude. She knows she'll grow old and die by 35, and just wants to enjoy life while she can.

Except... Chosen live forever. And a werewolf Chosen would be something to kick Achilles' ass.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
So, chatting about Bella and the Pack, and the idea of domesticated werewolves, the thing that rose to my mind were Irish Wolfhounds. Who are some seriously impressive animals.

View attachment 529972

This works on a number of levels, which is something I'm always in love of. On one hand, the Pack is clearly domesticated; they serve in the military, for Gods sake. They're still incredibly imposing creatures (see pic). They've got that shaggy face (which was an accidental addition with Bella, but I'll take it). And they live really short lives (for a big dog). Something went wrong in their breeding. And I thought... that makes sense. Bella's view on the world, her maturity and her 'don't give a shit' attitude. She knows she'll grow old and die by 35, and just wants to enjoy life while she can.

Except... Chosen live forever. And a werewolf Chosen would be something to kick Achilles' ass.
Seems Emily will need to have loads of patience with her pervert BF. :p Also MC will be pretty popular with some people when it comes out he can create chosen ones I suspect and not all of those will believe they can get the benefits without paying the price I suspect. ;)

Well a werewolf chosen could be expected to be fast and strong and grow way beyond a level normal with the way longer life span. Irish Wolfhounds were created to hunt wolves and other big dangerous animals if remember right so yeah they are impressive.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Seems Emily will need to have loads of patience with her pervert BF. :p Also MC will be pretty popular with some people when it comes out he can create chose ones I suspect and not all of those will believe they can get the benefits without paying the price I suspect. ;)
Act III will test Emily's patience. :)

Apart from that, each Chosen drains power from their principal, so you don't want too many. Molly draws very little just existing; if she starts drawing real power (in combat, for example), that will come out of your budget. As someone without a mantle, you don't really have the excess energy for multiple chosen at the moment. Of course, once that changes....

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Apart from that, each Chosen drains power from their principal, so you don't want too many. Molly draws very little just existing; if she starts drawing real power (in combat, for example), that will come out of your budget. As someone without a mantle, you don't really have the excess energy for multiple chosen at the moment. Of course, once that changes....
Poor Emily. :) Well it seems MC at least for now is more or less forced by the winds of fate and she seems to have some understanding of that.

Well I had a slight idea what you could do with int possibly if it would fit you plans. Possibly you can use it to understand weaknesses of opponents at certain int levels and after that use it to enhance damage of that type to those opponents. So for example at Int 30 you understand fire lords are weak against ice and every int level after or every 5 int levels after that you increase any ice damage you do if have that jewel type equipped by 1.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Poor Emily. :) Well it seems MC at least for now is more or less forced by the winds of fate and she seems to have some understanding of that.
Yes. It remains a major part of my headache in act III because I made the decision before starting this game that, this *is* a harem game. Sadly I still fell in love with her. So I need to make sure that she agrees with me.

Well I had a slight idea what you could do with int possibly if it would fit you plans. Possibly you can use it to understand weaknesses of opponents at certain int levels and after that use it to enhance damage of that type to those opponents. So for example at Int 30 you understand fire lords are weak against ice and every int level after or every 5 int levels after that you increase any ice damage you do if have that jewel type equipped by 1.
It would be an interesting side-effect of high INT , giving a hint for strengths and weaknesses. I like the idea, I just worry implementation would be far into the distance :D

Reactions: DA22 and L30

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yes. It remains a major part of my headache in act III because I made the decision before starting this game that, this *is* a harem game. Sadly I still fell in love with her. So I need to make sure that she agrees with me.

It would be an interesting side-effect of high INT , giving a hint for strengths and weaknesses. I like the idea, I just worry implementation would be far into the distance :D
Well you did make Emily extremely likable, your own fault though. :p Yeah it kinda is a pity MC is caught up in a fate that makes it kinda hard to be faithful. ah well you can always blame Merlin for that. :p

For far in the future. Do not worry about that, game will develop at the speed you set anyway, but it will be nice if you have an idea of what mechanics you will want to use to keep things balanced when everything is above 9000 powerlevel. :p

Reactions: Heresi

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well you did make Emily extremely likable, your own fault though. :p Yeah it kinda is a pity MC is caught up in a fate that makes it kinda hard to be faithful. ah well you can always blame Merlin for that. :p

For far in the future. Do not worry about that, game will develop at the speed you set anyway, but it will be nice if you have an idea of what mechanics you will want to use to keep things balanced when everything is above 9000 powerlevel. :p
I blame MC's dad, not Merlin. Merlin kept his dick largely in his pants, MC's dad, on the other hand, fucked most of the leading ladies, and half the chorus.

I actually have a better idea of the story in Book II than I do of the changes to gameplay, so you're right... I need to work out what the actual poker effects are once we reach 9000.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I blame MC's dad, not Merlin. Merlin kept his dick largely in his pants, MC's dad, on the other hand, fucked most of the leading ladies, and half the chorus.

I actually have a better idea of the story in Book II than I do of the changes to gameplay, so you're right... I need to work out what the actual poker effects are once we reach 9000.
Well we will find out more about Dad, Mom, Chloe and others during the rest of book 1 and 2 I expect and having your story right is more important as the poker effects I think overall, though last are not unimportant for the enjoyment of the game play since the poker game is an important element.

MBL

Jan 12, 2018
I'm playing this game for a few moments now and noticed the conversation texts are cut off. See screenshot. This is on the Mac version. Screenshot 2020-01-26 at 21.33.12.png

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017

Poor Emily...Maybe she needs to get a taste for girls too... :p:love::p

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
I'm playing this game for a few moments now and noticed the conversation texts are cut off. See screenshot. This is on the Mac version. View attachment 530198
Just a thought ...what resolution are you playing at? I use a Mac too, so far I have not had that issue, looks like you are pretty early in the game there... I play at 3360 x 2100 or 3840 x 2400 in windowed mode. It looks to me like you are at a lower resolution?

Reactions: DA22

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Hey Droid Productions, your game was recommanded to me by DA22 and I must say I really liked it :D
One really annoying thing though is this damn black rose, I know I need to get it in a treasure chest but I only encountered a treasure chest once and of course I didn't get the black rose. I saw you increased the drop rate of the rose but maybe increasing the rate of appearance of the treasure chest would be nice too ;)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm playing this game for a few moments now and noticed the conversation texts are cut off. See screenshot. This is on the Mac version. View attachment 530198
It's a bug, caused by switching from animating to immediate text. Latest update (0.2.11) fixes it:
OSX:
PC:
Android:

(I'll put it on the main page once I'm done integrating the werewolf strip poker event)

Reactions: L30

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hey Droid Productions, your game was recommanded to me by DA22 and I must say I really liked it :D
One really annoying thing though is this damn black rose, I know I need to get it in a treasure chest but I only encountered a treasure chest once and of course I didn't get the black rose. I saw you increased the drop rate of the rose but maybe increasing the rate of appearance of the treasure chest would be nice too ;)
Grab the 0.2.11 link (post just above this). I bumped the Black Rose drop rate in treasure events to 50% instead of 20%.

Reactions: L30

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Grab the 0.2.11 link (post just above this). I bumped the Black Rose drop rate in treasure events to 50% instead of 20%.
Yeah I saw that, the problem is more getting the treasure event to even happen, I only got it once in all my travels to Elsewhere.
Did you bump that as well ?

Reactions: L30 and DA22

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah I saw that, the problem is more getting the treasure event to even happen, I only got it once in all my travels to Elsewhere.
Did you bump that as well ?
Yeah, I doubled the probability of rest and treasure events. If it's still too low, let me know.

Reactions: L30 and DA22
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes