Bobzx

Jul 3, 2019
Im using ctrl j on android and no debug menu comes up? Where am I meant to go to access it after activating it?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
nope, dont see the bug. Is it onoy after a ceetain day/event? Does it not work on android and thus need a better way of activating it? Or like is there a walkthrough?
It should work fine on android; I've got a tester that uses an external keyboard with his android, and he's able to access it.

As for walkthrough, not yet. I've got some time waiting for stuff to render, so I'll do a quick writeup on the optional paths. Will ping this thread when it's up

Reactions: L30 and DA22

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Looking at Act 2 month it seems there are less events than in Act 1.
Is Act 2 complete or are there gonna be new events that month with new updates?
I want to know for saving purposses.

Reactions: DA22

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Looking at Act 2 month it seems there are less events than in Act 1.
Is Act 2 complete or are there gonna be new events that month with new updates?
I want to know for saving purposses.
Act 2 is shorter (2 weeks instead of 3), and a *lot* of the events are concentrated in week 2. There's one more event that's in testing now that's playable in either Act II or III/IV; I'm not adding any more mandatory act-2 only events. As for less events, I don't know if there is. There's less compulsory events, certainly . I'm trying to remove anything that *can* run freely off the main timeline, so the timeline is used for the core story beats, and side-stories that can be played in any chapter make up the bulk of the content. Sometimes voluntary events end up getting moved back onto the timeline (this happened with Molly's Act II end), because information / world changes they include end up being needed by the time another event triggers. But the dream is that moving forward I push more events to be playable in any order, and drive the central story about the Knight, the Princess and the Sword from the timeline.

(also; if you look at the calendar, it doesn't include events until they're scheduled. So organizing a date with Emily puts it on the calendar, but it doesn't show until it's been agreed. So the homework + date events don't show until you deal with them).

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Edit - it showed up after spamming it after the second conversation. But a better way to activate on android is needed
That's curious. I'll see if I can get a repro on it. I don't have a KB for my Android, so obviously it's not easy to test. I probably should just put a checkbox in settings.

Apart from that, is it running okay? I can test it on mine, and the one tester giving feedback, but there's a large span of android devices, and always good to know which ones (if any) are having problems.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Among plenty of other excellent things in this game, I like the combat system as an unique, most creative and entertaining thing. But I have to confess, that I do not understand the details of this completely.

OK, I know the poker hands, and I win all the battles (up to now), but when the square (5x5) is full, so many messages come in that I cannot follow. And I do not understand the thing with the gems, and how to handle them. And about magic in battles.
Is there any written explanation for this, or anything helpfull?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Among plenty of other excellent things in this game, I like the combat system as an unique, most creative and entertaining thing. But I have to confess, that I do not understand the details of this completely.

OK, I know the poker hands, and I win all the battles (up to now), but when the square (5x5) is full, so many messages come in that I cannot follow. And I do not understand the thing with the gems, and how to handle them. And about magic in battles.
Is there any written explanation for this, or anything helpfull?
Okay, so the rules are
1. You can only put down a pair that creates a poker hand *across* the board (there's the little arrows, but I guess they're not always clear enough).
2. Poker hands correspond to gems; use the Gem interface in to top right hand side of your game screen to assign gems to slots. Get more gems in Elsewhere, from Chloe or from the Quartermaster
3. While a poker match needs to be *started* by going across the board, it still counts matches up/down the edges if you put down a valid match. So you can get up to 5 hits in a single pair of cards (Diagonal + all 4 edges) if you're lucky. This is a tradeoff; the player that goes first has first shot at the best matches. But the player that goes second has first dibs on a full table.

I really need to explain this better in-game, sorry.

• Love
Reactions: L30, DA22 and Rolo

qp39dmzxfg243

Nov 23, 2017
How do you use the black rose? I got it but I can't seem to find a prompt to use it. Maybe it's because I got it before I read the book and learned what it is for? Or have I just not figured out how to use it? Or is it not implemented yet?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
How do you use the black rose? I got it but I can't seem to find a prompt to use it. Maybe it's because I got it before I read the book and learned what it is for? Or have I just not figured out how to use it? Or is it not implemented yet?

I did a walkthrough here (obviously massive spoilers).

The less spoilery hints: there's an erotic book for sale at the bookstore. Buy that, and go read it in the cafe. That should give you an idea of how the Black Rose could be put to use.

It's the most intricate event so far, in terms of moving parts; the goal is more events like that going forward (which require interactions with different people, triggering of events in Elsewhere, buying stuff, etc).

qp39dmzxfg243

Nov 23, 2017

I did a walkthrough here (obviously massive spoilers).

The less spoilery hints: there's an erotic book for sale at the bookstore. Buy that, and go read it in the cafe. That should give you an idea of how the Black Rose could be put to use.

It's the most intricate event so far, in terms of moving parts; the goal is more events like that going forward (which require interactions with different people, triggering of events in Elsewhere, buying stuff, etc).
This is great thanks. Just 1 question, how do you ask the Quartermaster for the special gem? I don't see a prompt for that.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This is great thanks. Just 1 question, how do you ask the Quartermaster for the special gem? I don't see a prompt for that.
It's listed under Fire, available from Day 20. So ask him for Fire gems, and the topmost option should be "looking for a gift for a friend". Turns out he (like pretty much anyone of note in the magical community) knew Katie's dad, and owe him a debt, which is why you get it at a discount.

Bobzx

Jul 3, 2019
That's curious. I'll see if I can get a repro on it. I don't have a KB for my Android, so obviously it's not easy to test. I probably should just put a checkbox in settings.

Apart from that, is it running okay? I can test it on mine, and the one tester giving feedback, but there's a large span of android devices, and always good to know which ones (if any) are having problems.
So not having an external keyboard I did have to get an app that lets me use ctrl. Which is uh, odd. I had assumed memores would be fixable at some point. Some thigs softlock you if you OHKO, others ignore stats and damage and its painfully slow in battles.

I couldnt say if any events are bugged, but (and youll forgive me for forgetting names). Love interests and blonde buttlovers intercourse scenes massively slowed down my phone to the point I had to force it to reset itself. This usually seems to be less bad afterwards though.
Redhead is just standing in the university room and wears different outfits at random points? But isnt interactable and infact stops the exit being easily clickable

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So not having an external keyboard I did have to get an app that lets me use ctrl. Which is uh, odd. I had assumed memores would be fixable at some point. Some thigs softlock you if you OHKO, others ignore stats and damage and its painfully slow in battles.

I couldnt say if any events are bugged, but (and youll forgive me for forgetting names). Love interests and blonde buttlovers intercourse scenes massively slowed down my phone to the point I had to force it to reset itself. This usually seems to be less bad afterwards though.

Redhead is just standing in the university room and wears different outfits at random points? But isnt interactable and infact stops the exit being easily clickable
I added a toggle for debug menu to the settings, will be live in next update. It's only fair android users have the same opportunities to use that.

Katie had an event where she wasn't cleanly removed from the world; there might be another one later... which scenes did she remain standing in?

The slowdown sounds like a memory leak; in theory Unity should be doing that, but it sounds like it's not doing it's job. I'll have a look at that.

Thanks for the report.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes