Dec 1, 2017
I normally just skim through the story of the games I get from here but I couldn't do the same with this one. Not that the fast forward option was not working, but because I actually liked reading the story. Not a lot of sexy scenes as of yet but the plot and lore behind the game, with what little sample we've seen so far, is intriguing. Download for the boobs, stay for the plot.

The battle system is probably not for everyone and CHR is OP (around 22+ CHR lets you use your allies every other turn - Katie and Emily spam is OP). Oh and sometimes, when you discard your hand, the discarded cards overlap with the new cards and blocks them from view.

Still, an awesome game overall. Great job!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The battle system is probably not for everyone and CHR is OP (around 22+ CHR lets you use your allies every other turn - Katie and Emily spam is OP). Oh and sometimes, when you discard your hand, the discarded cards overlap with the new cards and blocks them from view.
Glad you liked it! :)

I've seen the discard bug before, I'm still trying to nail it down. Balance is still getting tweaked, Act III will basically extend Elsewhere quite a lot, so now balancing is a lot easier. I'm actually looking at redoing how allies work a bit, since they'll all have multiple moves. Katie's the only one that's got it so far (upgrade with the true, flawless gem you buy from the Quartermaster).

On the battle system, yeah I noticed it's not for everyone. I was watching a it, and she was struggling like you wouldn't believe. As a result of that I went in and added an 'auto play' function, where the player character can use the same AI as the computer. You toggle it on/off from the settings menu.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I played that mega link on page 23 and I ran into a few small thing:
-Katie appears in the lecture hall once Olivia can happen and you cannot then talk to her or move back to campus ground, without opening jumping points through control J on map
-I did not meet any fire lords in Elsewhere
- During minigame you can get that two cards are shadowed all the time and you get no advice anymore and I would advise to set Katie big damage as second so less likely you use it by accident
- Firegem on 4th row has 4 damage 1, which should be 4 or 5 I think

Except for these small things this has the making of a fun game and very nice story. Looking forward to the next update. Thanks dev.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I played that mega link on page 23 and I ran into a few small thing:
-Katie appears in the lecture hall once Olivia can happen and you cannot then talk to her or move back to campus ground, without opening jumping points through control J on map
-I did not meet any fire lords in Elsewhere
- During minigame you can get that two cards are shadowed all the time and you get no advice anymore and I would advise to set Katie big damage as second so less likely you use it by accident
- Firegem on 4th row has 4 damage 1, which should be 4 or 5 I think

Except for these small things this has the making of a fun game and very nice story. Looking forward to the next update. Thanks dev.
Thanks for the bug-report, will have a look, and fix them up. There's likely a formal update sometime this week, where I'll try to get all the known bugs sorted out, and include the new Bella/Katie scene (which can be triggered before Act II ends, or in Act III).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: L30 and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for the bug-report, will have a look, and fix them up. There's likely a formal update sometime this week, where I'll try to get all the known bugs sorted out, and include the new Bella/Katie scene (which can be triggered before Act II ends, or in Act III).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks good :) though of course really looking forward to act III but that will take some time I suspect :p. Hope you can find those little bugs. For the mini game two more tips, ever thought about Katie's big gun resetting after resting and should Dylan not level up a little bit once you can bring Emily? Now you will not really be tempted to use Dylan after. :p For Katie it will make choosing to rest more useful and if you run into a minotaur King more as once you really want that big gun and I had sometimes at least two of them at same time with a minotaur knight as third option.

Reactions: Droid Productions

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I ADORE this game. My only complaint? Make the damn bathroom usable to shower in! My MC must be stinking like hell now!
Well not looking forward to having to shower daily just to be clean especially if it would make time progress.:p Now if things would happen there it is another story once in awhile especially at night time. :) Still up to dev to choose what he wishes to concentrate on for progress. As players we are just along for the ride of his/her hard work in the end.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well not looking forward to having to shower daily just to be clean especially if it would make time progress.:p Now if things would happen there it is another story once in awhile especially at night time. :) Still up to dev to choose what he wishes to concentrate on for progress. As players we are just along for the ride of his/her hard work in the end.
There's never going to be grind; I hate it as a gamer, I won't force it as a developer. It's one reason I'm making things like the books the way I do... if you grind, I grind with you :)

As for the shower... I think something like a random possibility of a stat bonus at night (with no time advance), and a small chance of catladies.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Looks good :) though of course really looking forward to act III but that will take some time I suspect :p. Hope you can find those little bugs. For the mini game two more tips, ever thought about Katie's big gun resetting after resting and should Dylan not level up a little bit once you can bring Emily? Now you will not really be tempted to use Dylan after. :p For Katie it will make choosing to rest more useful and if you run into a minotaur King more as once you really want that big gun and I had sometimes at least two of them at same time with a minotaur knight as third option.
The big gun is.. kinda overpowered. The only thing stopping it from being insanely OP is the limit. Note, it's the standard Fire9 gem (so what is triggered on Straight/Royal Straight flush.. I'm trying to keep these things consistent between MC/other characters). You'll get your own later.

I do love the idea of having Emily teach Dylan about his skills; it makes a nice Elsewhere Rest set-piece, and fits Emily's personality perfectly. The Pendragon blood is strong, and they tend to be similar... proud, noble, jealous, possessive, caring and loving. Her mentoring Dylan fits her perfectly, and would be a nice gift once you finally get to bring in Emily midway through Act II. Erec is kind of the dark mirror of Emily, the view of how Pendragon gifts can be twisted by the death of a loved one.

Reactions: L30 and DA22

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
There's never going to be grind; I hate it as a gamer, I won't force it as a developer. It's one reason I'm making things like the books the way I do... if you grind, I grind with you :)

As for the shower... I think something like a random possibility of a stat bonus at night (with no time advance), and a small chance of catladies.
Also might be a good choice before dates.... and gotta like Catladies

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The big gun is.. kinda overpowered. The only thing stopping it from being insanely OP is the limit. Note, it's the standard Fire9 gem (so what is triggered on Straight/Royal Straight flush.. I'm trying to keep these things consistent between MC/other characters). You'll get your own later.

I do love the idea of having Emily teach Dylan about his skills; it makes a nice Elsewhere Rest set-piece, and fits Emily's personality perfectly. The Pendragon blood is strong, and they tend to be similar... proud, noble, jealous, possessive, caring and loving. Her mentoring Dylan fits her perfectly, and would be a nice gift once you finally get to bring in Emily midway through Act II. Erec is kind of the dark mirror of Emily, the view of how Pendragon gifts can be twisted by the death of a loved one.
Well the big gun is overpowered at start I agree, unless you run into characters with over 1000 HP and I suspect you will run into more of them or even higher HP later in the development of the game. Balancing is your job though, but with current power level of gems that might become a problem later on. You can already get a highest level defensive gem though from the shrines if I am right.

Reactions: Phoeniix

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well the big gun is overpowered at start I agree, unless you run into characters with over 1000 HP and I suspect you will run into more of them or even higher HP later in the development of the game. Balancing is your job though, but with current power level of gems that might become a problem later on. You can already get a highest level defensive gem though from the shrines if I am right.
You're still at two-digit power levels. Once you start accelerating down towards your destiny, everything else moves with you. Your Companions and Chosen grow with you, until (by the end of Book 2),

So I need to deal with that problem anyway :) Anyway, for the next 3-4 acts we're dealing with normal power-curves, so I need to balance that.

Apart from that, I'm writing Emily/Dylan's tuition moment. They're both genuinely nice people, so I'm enjoying it

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You're still at two-digit power levels. Once you start accelerating down towards your destiny, everything else moves with you. Your Companions and Chosen grow with you, until (by the end of Book 2),

So I need to deal with that problem anyway :) Anyway, for the next 3-4 acts we're dealing with normal power-curves, so I need to balance that.

Apart from that, I'm writing Emily/Dylan's tuition moment. They're both genuinely nice people, so I'm enjoying it
Have fun writing it, like I said you did a great job till now, so basically i am just talking about details. :p

Oh and one tip for anyone playing the mini games themselves, do not ever give those minotaurs the chance to end the grid with a diagonal row, whatever the advice from game before that is. :p Ending on a diagonal means you can do 5 times damage, add a joker to that and you can get fried badly. :LOL:

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Well for the power level of gems, you can always go the old and tried anime route of finding a new class of super gems or possibly if you wish to keep the gems you find now interesting for later in game, a way to merge those into stronger gems. For example 10 lvl 1 normal gems make a magic level 1 gem that adds 5 damage of its type. :p

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well for the power level of gems, you can always go the old and tried anime route of finding a new class of super gems or possibly if you wish to keep the gems you find now interesting for later in game, a way to merge those into stronger gems. For example 10 lvl 1 normal gems make a magic level 1 gem that adds 5 damage of its type. :p
So the current thinking is that, each time you gain *real* power, all the gems are accessible one tier below (so three-of-a-kind now fits in a pair slot, etc). This means you can have 4 true, flawless gems installed (straight flushes aren't that uncommon when you add sorcery into the mix). That will be the upgrades that are story driven; when the sword that is lost is found, when the mantle is re-united, when the aliance is sealed, etc. Apart from that, people are asking why STR doesn't increase damage, which I guess it should do.. this side of things is still in flux; with the latest version there's finally enough non-trivial poker to play to have a real discussion about balance. One of the dirty secrets of strategy games is that none of it matters until you play the game :)

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes