Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yesterday I reached the end of the current content.
The story is interesting and the wizard school setting is cool.
Some doubts I have.
1- It's a harem game? I don't see the tag but playing the game it seems to be a possibility.
2- I am not a fan of the forced LI, Emily is lovely and all but I prefer to choose my own stories. Can we choose Li/Lis later or will the story always revolve around MC-Emily romance?
3- Is there no items inventory? Can be useful to keep track of items for quests and so on.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yesterday I reached the end of the current content.
The story is interesting and the wizard school setting is cool.
Some doubts I have.
1- It's a harem game? I don't see the tag but playing the game it seems to be a possibility.
2- I am not a fan of the forced LI, Emily is lovely and all but I prefer to choose my own stories. Can we choose Li/Lis later or will the story always revolve around MC-Emily romance?
3- Is there no items inventory? Can be useful to keep track of items for quests and so on.
1) It's a harem game. Act III is about Emily learning to share. BUT....
2) Emily remains the Queen of the story (it's my fault, I fell in love with her while writing Act I); there are some sexual partners that are optional, some that are not. Emily and Molly aren't (as will likely be true for others).
3) I actually had an inventory implemented, I just took it out because I didn't have art. It's possible I'll put it in later, there's just a lot of systems to put together, and that one requires a lot of art assets to do properly.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
1) It's a harem game. Act III is about Emily learning to share. BUT....
2) Emily remains the Queen of the story (it's my fault, I fell in love with her while writing Act I); there are some sexual partners that are optional, some that are not. Emily and Molly aren't (as will likely be true for others).
3) I actually had an inventory implemented, I just took it out because I didn't have art. It's possible I'll put it in later, there's just a lot of systems to put together, and that one requires a lot of art assets to do properly.
Well you can check your inventory atm in the debug mode. Maybe not fancy, but it works.

Though I normally also prefer to choose my LI's, that weirdly enough often turns into collecting all of them if possible :p I think it does fit the story that you are trying to tell and the fact that MC might be directed in certain directions to fulfill his destiny and become the hammer he was created to become, that someone like Emily is needed and not just an option.

BuddhaOnaDiet

Oct 10, 2019
Well you can check your inventory atm in the debug mode. Maybe not fancy, but it works.

Though I normally also prefer to choose my LI's, that weirdly enough often turns into collecting all of them if possible :p I think it does fit the story that you are trying to tell and the fact that MC might be directed in certain directions to fulfill his destiny and become the hammer he was created to become, that someone like Emily is needed and not just an option.
I'm usually the same, I hate being forced into a relationship. HOWEVER, I will make a exception for Emily <3<3<3

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
I've fallen at the first hurdle. Got to the University courtyard, get the couple from the Courts pointed out, then one of them talks to me (she appears to know me but I don't remember her) and then she just says "Indeed" or something like we've already had a conversation. I can't move out of the courtyard and there's no clue what to do next.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I've fallen at the first hurdle. Got to the University courtyard, get the couple from the Courts pointed out, then one of them talks to me (she appears to know me but I don't remember her) and then she just says "Indeed" or something like we've already had a conversation. I can't move out of the courtyard and there's no clue what to do next.
Did you not go into the city the first evening after meeting Chloe and then help someone?

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Did you not go into the city the first evening after meeting Chloe and then help someone?
I was going to, but then the game told me it was getting late and I should go to bed. So I did.

I may have clicked the "wait" button an general spirit of "what does this button do?"

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I was going to, but then the game told me it was getting late and I should go to bed. So I did.

I may have clicked the "wait" button an general spirit of "what does this button do?"
Ok you have to go into the city the first night after the short sleep, it opens a new street and there you can save a certain girl that you will meet later. Hopefully you have an autosafe, else you can get to that point real fast, no idea how you managed to miss it. :p

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
no idea how you managed to miss it. :p
I slept, woke up, the university appeared on the map, so I went straight there. Figured there'd be time to explore later.

Well, it seemed like a sound idea at the time, anyway.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well you should have woken up once before at night and when go out then, university is not available yet but another location opens up, a street. Think you missed that and it is blocking your game.

Nov 18, 2018
That's very strange. I'm playing V2.10a and I can't replicate the problem. As soon as the MC wakes up in the evening, pressing the advance button pops up a message saying not to waste time and dropping your right back, as does any attempt to go back to bed. Try as I might, I couldn't avoid the meeting with Emiiy.

BuddhaOnaDiet

Oct 10, 2019
That's very strange. I'm playing V2.10a and I can't replicate the problem. As soon as the MC wakes up in the evening, pressing the advance button pops up a message saying not to waste time and dropping your right back, as does any attempt to go back to bed. Try as I might, I couldn't avoid the meeting with Emiiy.
Ehm....aaaaaand why would you avoid meeting Emily? (weirdo) ;)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
As a quick update; the first inter-act update is with the Discord team getting some QA love right now. There's 4 tasks still open, but the goal is to get the build out today. It will add a big new event (which can be played in ACT II or III), various technical improvements and bug-fixes, an extended Elsewhere, and a new companion for your Elsewhere adventures.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
MacOS v2.11 on the day of CM homework #2 I go to read at the coffee shop. If I read Arnold's book all proceeds as normal, if I read the Exquisite Art of Domination, I get stuck until night and can't make it to the "study date". Didn't know if that was intentional...
aaaand yeah, yeah, updating to latest release now.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
MacOS v2.11 on the day of CM homework #2 I go to read at the coffee shop. If I read Arnold's book all proceeds as normal, if I read the Exquisite Art of Domination, I get stuck until night and can't make it to the "study date". Didn't know if that was intentional...
aaaand yeah, yeah, updating to latest release now.
Nope, not as designed. Will try to repro it and put a fix on it for the update.

Reactions: L30 and DA22

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
act_iii_text.png

Unless something unexpected blows up, I'm officially done with the 2.5 update, which has been a huge balance/content overhaul of Elsewhere, adding a new companion, new mechanics, new events, and a bunch of new monsters. It also fixes up a bunch of little issues, ups the gold generation, and introduces a werewolf threesome.

With that, I can finally focus down on the meat of Act III. So here's a little wallpaper to celebrate (with/without text).

act_iii_notext.png

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
View attachment 533035

Unless something unexpected blows up, I'm officially done with the 2.5 update, which has been a huge balance/content overhaul of Elsewhere, adding a new companion, new mechanics, new events, and a bunch of new monsters. It also fixes up a bunch of little issues, ups the gold generation, and introduces a werewolf threesome.

With that, I can finally focus down on the meat of Act III. So here's a little wallpaper to celebrate (with/without text).

View attachment 533037
Nice, for now the wait is on the update, whenever ready to be shared.:p Have fun writing and developing act 3 :)

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Nice, for now the wait is on the update, whenever ready to be shared.:p Have fun writing and developing act 3 :)
0.2.14 is here, it's being played by some people on discord to see if there's any show-stopper bugs left. Feel free to play, and let me know if there's any issues.

PC:
OSX:
Android :

If there's nothing I'll upload it to the mirrors and add it to the main page / itch.io tomorrow morning.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Since I'm now busy doing the rendering and writing for Act III, I made one I liked enough to turn into a sig. I don't know if I'll shift these to the official thread; they're a very different style. But I found it fun to make.
dad_fan.gif katie_bella_fan.gif

For reference, this is the base render

closeup2.png

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes