Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
As a well documented lesbian on this site it's rather awkward to admit I want to see a man naked.

I just want to take Emily's dads hand, lay him down in all his naked glory ...... and stomp his arrogant balls through .... twat.
Yeah, he does tend to elicit that response. You'll find the back-story for that later, but he wasn't always an unmitigated asshole. Once upon a time he was just a bit of a dick.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Updated the walkthrough with all optional quests, added a strategy guide for gaining stats/gold/gems, and documented how Chloe's Ingredient trading works.

Reactions: L30 and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Updated the walkthrough with all optional quests, added a strategy guide for gaining stats/gold/gems, and documented how Chloe's Ingredient trading works.

Well I did enjoy the scene with Bella, though it could always be longer. :p Not sure you mentioned it in walk through, but you can add Bella as a 4th character to the team since her skill is a passive. It is easy to miss that, the Emily rest scene was cute.

In walkthrough gold and such, afternoon should be evening and the amount is 35-100.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well I did enjoy the scene with Bella, though it could always be longer. :p Not sure you mentioned it in walk through, but you can add Bella as a 4th character to the team since her skill is a passive. It is easy to miss that, the Emily rest scene was cute.

In walkthrough gold and such, afternoon should be evening and the amount is 35-100.
Thanks, walkthrough fixed. I was writing it from memory, forgot the accounting could pay out 100.

There's also an Emily/Dylan sequence in resting, if you talk to Dylan while Emily is in the group. It'll eventually unlock his Regen ability, but I haven't gotten around to adding it yet. Thanks for the heads up on Bella; for balancing reasons you're supposed to only get 3. Also, she'll get active skills later. The plan is that she'll have two 'trees'; bodyguard or assassin. At a critical junction you unlock one or the other, and that will affect her two active skills.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Thanks, walkthrough fixed. I was writing it from memory, forgot the accounting could pay out 100.

There's also an Emily/Dylan sequence in resting, if you talk to Dylan while Emily is in the group. It'll eventually unlock his Regen ability, but I haven't gotten around to adding it yet. Thanks for the heads up on Bella; for balancing reasons you're supposed to only get 3. Also, she'll get active skills later. The plan is that she'll have two 'trees'; bodyguard or assassin. At a critical junction you unlock one or the other, and that will affect her two active skills.
Well I kinda liked her as an extra to be honest and ah yeah well the Dylan and Emily one is kind of hard to get since you have max two trips to elsewhere where you can use them together in Act 2, I chose Emily the one chance I had. :) The assassin tree sounds interesting, so I guess you will not get your own demon fox lady. :p

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well I kinda liked her as an extra to be honest and ah yeah well the Dylan and Emily one is kind of hard to get since you have max two trips to elsewhere where you can use them together in Act 2, I chose Emily the one chance I had. :) The assassin tree is intereting, so I guess you will not get your own demon fox lady. :p
You'll never GET Kitsune. But Akane and Kitsune (always together) are planned as Act IV companions. Having said that, it's a big difference between borrowing someone else's fox, and bringing your own wolfhound.

• Haha

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You'll never GET Kitsune. But Akane and Kitsune (always together) are planned as Act IV companions. Having said that, it's a big difference between borrowing someone else's fox, and bringing your own wolfhound.
Fair enough, I already suspected so since would not make much sense to have two companions that would be very alike. Just as it would make sense that a powerful seer would be interested in someone around whom the threads of destiny seem to be being woven. Looking forward to the continuation of the story.

SapphireBlaze

May 24, 2017
The changelog mistakenly reads that Katie helps with Molly's ceremonial magic session where it should read olivia which lead me to believe there was new content in molly's scenes, might be an idea to change that.

Reactions: DA22

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The changelog mistakenly reads that Katie helps with Molly's ceremonial magic session where it should read olivia which lead me to believe there was new content in molly's scenes, might be an idea to change that.
Yeah, that's a typo... Too much caffeine, sorry. It should be Katie now helps out in Mollys wannabe ceremonial magic scene. I'll... :)

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
First, excellent plot, characters and pacing.

Second, please please go back through the game looking for "it's" versus "its". It always seems to be "it's" whether you mean "it is" or not (I think I saw "its" used correctly once).

If you do not want "it is", you need "its" (belonging to it) as there are only two of them ("its" / "it's").

This is not to detract from one of the best games around at the moment, of course, but considering the quality of the writing otherwise it kind of stands out.

The only other thing I saw was what <seem> to be slips of dialect (?). I understand that some characters are American, some Scots and some English. I have, however seen British people using '-ization' and Americans using '-our' (if my recollection serves me correctly).

Excellent work. 9/10, would critique again!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
First, excellent plot, characters and pacing.

Second, please please go back through the game looking for "it's" versus "its". It always seems to be "it's" whether you mean "it is" or not (I think I saw "its" used correctly once).

If you do not want "it is", you need "its" (belonging to it) as there are only two of them ("its" / "it's").

This is not to detract from one of the best games around at the moment, of course, but considering the quality of the writing otherwise it kind of stands out.

The only other thing I saw was what <seem> to be slips of dialect (?). I understand that some characters are American, some Scots and some English. I have, however seen British people using '-ization' and Americans using '-our' (if my recollection serves me correctly).

Excellent work. 9/10, would critique again!
Yeah, sadly my own English is a mongrel, and I write the dialog in Unity without anything like Grammarly, so.. there are typos. Some people, like @somebodynobody, have done Gods work on catching the systemic issues (and beaten the ... into me, finally). But there's still stuff to fix. It's vs Its is an obvious one, I'm sure there are others :)

ios123

Oct 26, 2017
i got bug where every time i speak to emily there is only "later" option so can't progress. pls help

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
i got bug where every time i speak to emily there is only "later" option so can't progress. pls help
Pass me the savegame, I'll have a look. If you're on the PC, it'll be at:

C:\Users\USENAME\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic

Just zip that folder up, it'll include the latest save and the log file. Let me know which savegame is causing issues.

Reactions: L30

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Also, how come I can go to the gym (first thing) in the morning and, according to myself, spend 'an hour' punching the bags, yet when I finish it's always Evening?

Is that a bug, as I'd like to do Strength in the morning, have the afternoon for Int or Chr, and earn some money in the Evening...

ios123

Oct 26, 2017
Pass me the savegame, I'll have a look. If you're on the PC, it'll be at:

C:\Users\USENAME\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic

Just zip that folder up, it'll include the latest save and the log file. Let me know which savegame is causing issues.
Ah thanks. i fixed it. Sort of. I follow the advice of previous post that there is invisible dialogue line above that "later" dialogue line. Thanks anyway.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes