hablat

Jul 24, 2017
If you've always dreamed of supporting the dev, but hate Patreon, Love of Magic is now on Steam's Summer Sale @ 30% off. That gets you Beta access to Book 2 as I develop it as well.
I was going to say I somehow got beat down by Steam because it's only dropping it to $12, but then remembered the Canadian dollar sucks. :cry:

I bought, anyway. Enjoyed it enough and it's about time I support devs how I can.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
For anyone that gets it on Steam; reviews are super helpful. And there's only ~120 reviews in total, so each individual review does matter a lot in terms of getting steam to feature it in the internal review queues (stuff like "what to play next" or "people like you enjoy games like this"). Both tags and reviews count for that; a Very Positive or Overwhelmingly positive rating means you're more likely to get displayed, and the tags are used to work out what to display you next to.

(I'm assuming here that you like it, of course... :)

Reactions: Warscared

Habequiddum

Mar 13, 2018
The writing in book one is terrific in terms of coherent plot and world building. Given the quality of their latest patch, Blizzard should hire you as a writing for World of Warcraft.

In the latest Steam version, the bar isn't upgrading. I used the debug tool to give myself lots of ingredients to sell to Chloe. Is there a date before which the bar won't upgrade? Or did I screw up my save somehow? I'm on day 48.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The writing in book one is terrific in terms of coherent plot and world building. Given the quality of their latest patch, Blizzard should hire you as a writing for World of Warcraft.

In the latest Steam version, the bar isn't upgrading. I used the debug tool to give myself lots of ingredients to sell to Chloe. Is there a date before which the bar won't upgrade? Or did I screw up my save somehow? I'm on day 48.
Hmmm.. I'd need to check; I haven't updated Book 1 for a while (I broke book1 and 2 apart at least partially to stop myself accidentally breaking stuff earlier in the game).

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Something I noticed while just casually looking at the tags in the OP, I wonder why the tag "Pregnancy" isn't included, given Emily is pregnant with Elanora, and MC, Emily herself, and even Chloe mentions it several times throughout Books 1 & 2.

Regarding the upgrades to King's Dragon, can only two be done within the current Book 2 status?
Cause damn, I built the Onsen first and Dojo next, and ran out of time to build the tea house (before the gathering of the alliance). If I had known that we can get a pet dragon with the tea house, I would have built the tea house first.
Oh well, guess I should load up an earlier save and go at it again.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Something I noticed while just casually looking at the tags in the OP, I wonder why the tag "Pregnancy" isn't included, given Emily is pregnant with Elanora, and MC, Emily herself, and even Chloe mentions it several times throughout Books 1 & 2.

Regarding the upgrades to King's Dragon, can only two be done within the current Book 2 status?
Cause damn, I built the Onsen first and Dojo next, and ran out of time to build the tea house (before the gathering of the alliance). If I had known that we can get a pet dragon with the tea house, I would have built the tea house first.
Oh well, guess I should load up an earlier save and go at it again.
The pregnancy in book 1 is kind of a big plot reveal :D But maybe I should add it in now.

You can keep playing the game from the end of content; just load the End of Act save, and you can keep playing from where you are. When Act VIII is done, it'll rewind you to where you're supposed to be, with any side-quests / resources / stats gained intact.

Reactions: gojira667 and JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Droid Productions just couple more questions:

1. Regarding Book 2 Kingdom events, are "Warthog go brrrrrrpt" & "Barricade" events being implemented with Act 8? Finished all other Kingdom events and those ones left, but it says not implemented yet.
Oddly, in the Walkthrough with the Wikia, it is written as if Warthog go brrrrrpt event is available (the Kingdom event itself as well as the linked Book 2 Quest to it) when I can't access it in the game.

2. With the "In Alis vicimis" quest, after going on the second demon fortress raid with Katie (after day 140+), is there more content? Same with Chloe's quest Neutral Grounds. After seeing the news on TV which featured Olivia, I'm wondering if there is more content when I visit and work for Chloe (so far, just repeat of same stuff).
Both quest are still marked as active, without saying "To be continued" or "this is the end of this content for this update" in their quest notifications etc.

3. Finally did "A Little Favor" and got the dragon egg and Draco was born.
Draco plays around in Teahouse, Onsen and Dojo, and one question regarding him is, we can't take him to battle just yet?

4. Trying to activate "The Mystery of the Missing Panties" after finishing A Little Favor, and for some reason, it's not starting in Kings Dragon (think I went through at least a week after Little Favor event, but still no luck).

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions just couple more questions:

1. Regarding Book 2 Kingdom events, are "Warthog go brrrrrrpt" & "Barricade" events being implemented with Act 8? Finished all other Kingdom events and those ones left, but it says not implemented yet.
Oddly, in the Walkthrough with the Wikia, it is written as if Warthog go brrrrrpt event is available (the Kingdom event itself as well as the linked Book 2 Quest to it) when I can't access it in the game.

2. With the "In Alis vicimis" quest, after going on the second demon fortress raid with Katie (after day 140+), is there more content? Same with Chloe's quest Neutral Grounds. After seeing the news on TV which featured Olivia, I'm wondering if there is more content when I visit and work for Chloe (so far, just repeat of same stuff).
Both quest are still marked as active, without saying "To be continued" or "this is the end of this content for this update" in their quest notifications etc.

3. Finally did "A Little Favor" and got the dragon egg and Draco was born.
Draco plays around in Teahouse, Onsen and Dojo, and one question regarding him is, we can't take him to battle just yet?

4. Trying to activate "The Mystery of the Missing Panties" after finishing A Little Favor, and for some reason, it's not starting in Kings Dragon (think I went through at least a week after Little Favor event, but still no luck).
Brrrpt is in Act VIII, Barricade is not (yet, at least... I'll see if I have some spare time between the larger stuff). There will be more In Alis Vicimus quests in act IX.

Neutral ground (and Edinburgh in general) is the target for Act VIII+. That includes more stuff at Crowley, Diana and Starcucks.

Reactions: Real Kreten

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Brrrpt is in Act VIII, Barricade is not (yet, at least... I'll see if I have some spare time between the larger stuff). There will be more In Alis Vicimus quests in act IX.

Neutral ground (and Edinburgh in general) is the target for Act VIII+. That includes more stuff at Crowley, Diana and Starcucks.
I see. The Missing Panties Quest (with Draco), is it actually doable in current Book 2 state or is it future Act VIII or later quest content?

Continuing to visit Molly everyday in KD, yet it seems to be not activating, so.....

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I see. The Missing Panties Quest (with Draco), is it actually doable in current Book 2 state or is it future Act VIII or later quest content?

Continuing to visit Molly everyday in KD, yet it seems to be not activating, so.....
Doable with current Book 2 content.

(As an aside: Love of Magic Book 1, which includes beta access to Book 2 as I make it, is one 30% discount on Steam now ;) )

Reactions: JJJ84

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
Very nice work, I can't on steam but I'll give my support on patreon definitively.

A little question: You did say you'd include some kind of free-roam a few years back to spend time with the encounters and battle again. Is this implemented yet?

Droid Productions

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Very nice work, I can't on steam but I'll give my support on patreon definitively.

A little question: You did say you'd include some kind of free-roam a few years back to spend time with the encounters and battle again. Is this implemented yet?

Droid Productions
Could you expand on the question? The random dungeons have been in since act II, and then I expanded it and added an overworld map in act vii. Is that what you meant?

Reactions: TommyEsclow

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
Could you expand on the question? The random dungeons have been in since act II, and then I expanded it and added an overworld map in act vii. Is that what you meant?
Of course. You did wrote something about a slice of life part with repeatable content which would probably include battles and animations with the girls.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes