Ssinurn

Dec 30, 2019
Hi there, Boss. Long time listener, first time caller, etc. Thank you for an amazing game!
I have a pretty much show-stopper problem with the macos Book 2 app.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I know you're trying to be DONE with this already ffs, and are already months into Morningstar... believe me, I get it (I'm trying to troubleshoot Android 14 releases and my users keep nagging me with bugreports from out-of-date Android 13 builds, wtf).

I can attach the "Player.log" or any other system logs you want to point me to if that would be helpful.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
I got all the way through Bk2 on a Mini running Mojave. I only have the 1 display and it's been a bit so it was probably an older build...
Not savvy enough to have any actual suggestions but I can provide that ray of hope at least. :)

Reactions: Ssinurn

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hi there, Boss. Long time listener, first time caller, etc. Thank you for an amazing game!

I know you're trying to be DONE with this already ffs, and are already months into Morningstar... believe me, I get it (I'm trying to troubleshoot Android 14 releases and my users keep nagging me with bugreports from out-of-date Android 13 builds, wtf).

I can attach the "Player.log" or any other system logs you want to point me to if that would be helpful.
It's a bug with Unity/Sonoma; I have to rebuild with a new version of unity to fix. I *think* I've already fixed it on Steam, but let me check quickly. The good news is that it's a reasonably easy thing to fix.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So I'm a little confused. I just got to
Just keep playing, it will all be explained, or at least alluded to. Make sure you track down the various characters on the World Map that might have information to you, like Samael, The Musician and the Salesman. Other parts of it will come from talks you have with other characters as part of story progressions; Merlin, Odin, Aoife, Mab and the foxes all have individual parts of the puzzle.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Okay, pushed a fix to Steam.

I'll do a set of builds for here as well; the mirrors go stale after a while anyway, and there's been some bug-fixes and stuff since 1.0.8b (the last public release)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ArhraCole

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Experimental links for Book 2 (v1.0.12), upgraded to a new Unity version (fixes the Sonoma issue on OSX) and adds a number of smaller tweaks. It's experimental because upgrading unity version is a fun and exciting high-risk sport for the whole family, so let me know if there's anything weird going on.

Win64: - -
OSX: - - -
Linux: - -

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ssinurn and motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Playing the latest update of MBotF got me a little nostalgic for some LoM so I've been doing a replay. I'm at the scene where Nimue gifts the glade to MC and explains the mantle to him. At the end of the scene Nimue says, "We shall meet again, when you need me most desperately. Farewell." But for the life of me I can't recall that happening. Could you refresh my failing old memory, please? When does MC ever see Nimue again?

Daemoniac

Feb 17, 2022
Playing the latest update of MBotF got me a little nostalgic for some LoM so I've been doing a replay. I'm at the scene where Nimue gifts the glade to MC and explains the mantle to him. At the end of the scene Nimue says, "We shall meet again, when you need me most desperately. Farewell." But for the life of me I can't recall that happening. Could you refresh my failing old memory, please? When does MC ever see Nimue again?

Sure

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
herm guys MBotF for me means Malazan book of the fallen... is there a game about it?
its one of my favorite fantasy series, hard to read and very philosophical but fucking hell thats some good writing right there!

Droid Productions is this by any chance a coincidence ?
i always assumed you were more of the dresden files kind of dude not really a Malazan fan...

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Real Kreten

Daemoniac

Feb 17, 2022
herm guys MBotF for me means Malazan book of the fallen... is there a game about it?
its one of my favorite fantasy series, hard to read and very philosophical but fucking hell thats some good writing right there!

i always assumed you were more of the dresden files kind of dude not really a Malazan fan...

Why do not see for yourself... There are around 5 hours of PT (more with all side stuff)
:p

But I do not see Dresden files or Malazan here, but to be fait there are a lot of books Droid use as inspiration and we are still in early stages :p

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Warscared

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

I do in fact enjoy the Malazan series (Erikson's books, I'm disliked Esslemont's fan-fic). I read a lot, in general :D

Having said that, the inspiration for Morningstar's more 80s/90s action movies; Rocky, Highlander, The Crow, etc. A gritty street-level view in the back-alleys of a New York where the sun never shines.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Warscared

hoetoe

Aug 28, 2019
The NG+ doesn't seem to transfer the level and stats of book 3, just some cash and 15 stat level for everything. Is that how it's meant to be?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The NG+ doesn't seem to transfer the level and stats of book 3, just some cash and 15 stat level for everything. Is that how it's meant to be?
Yes. If I give you 400+ stats then there's no point :)

You do get the keep all your gems, though, so you're pretty OP.

4.60 star(s) 254 Votes