Lost gamer

Sep 5, 2017
Saphire being Emily I imagine? Could you get me the savegame (just zip up the folder here: c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic), and I'll have a look
View attachment 571429
Have an update. If I reopen the save I sent you I get the scene with Emily, but after each new scene the game won't move forward. Just fought a battle and earned experience points and ingredients but the game froze again.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Rock&Rule

Mar 15, 2019
The last time I played I wasn't quite up to the end of the first act. I spent a bit of time getting caught up last night and today. I feel bad for Dylan not even throwing him a side girl. I was full on laughing when the mc said they were all his.

This story was a good bit of fun. I can't wait to see what the next arc holds. Hopefully we'll see more Bella.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Have an update. If I reopen the save I sent you I get the scene with Emily, but after each new scene the game won't move forward. Just fought a battle and earned experience points and ingredients but the game froze again.
I'm grabbing the file now, will let you know if I see what's happening.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The last time I played I wasn't quite up to the end of the first act. I spent a bit of time getting caught up last night and today. I feel bad for Dylan not even throwing him a side girl. I was full on laughing when the mc said they were all his.
Yeah, Dylan will find a girl of his own, but not until book 2.

This story was a good bit of fun. I can't wait to see what the next arc holds. Hopefully we'll see more Bella.
Yes, definitely.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

Stream VOD. I totally love listening to this, it's been my morning.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That's weird. Okay, downloaded your game, played it. Start by clicking on Emily (you get the discussion about the next date). Then I clicked on the wait icon, which advanced time to night, and triggers the next sequence (punishing Molly). Appears to work fine.

Save_01 is me saving after Molly's event, in case that helps. But you probably want to see if my steps work for you, since the punishment of Molly is a fun moment (and one with quite a lot of foreshadowing).

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
This game is fantastic.. I love almost everything about it, including the battle system... ...kind of. In my experience with this game so far, the battle system has a fatal flaw to it that kind of ruins what would otherwise be great.

That flaw is the way that gems affect the battle system. So far as I can see, there is an optimal gem that beats out all other gems (especially before getting Emily as a party member) and that's the shield gem. It's always the best thing to get in battle. Even if it weren't though...

You always put your best low level gem (shield) on a single pair since that's the easiest thing to get and as result you always want to get a single pair each combat turn. The problem? It basically takes all incentive away to try to go for a better hand. Every time I get 3 of a kind, or 2 pairs, or even a flush etc., it's a burden instead of a bonus. I feel like the gem system should be reworked a little so that a better hand always means a better outcome... maybe this will come into play once gems are more widely available later in the game, but so far (haven't played this update yet, about to now.. very excited for it, love this game) during these first weeks/months all I ever want to get is a single pair.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This game is fantastic.. I love almost everything about it, including the battle system... ...kind of. In my experience with this game so far, the battle system has a fatal flaw to it that kind of ruins what would otherwise be great.

That flaw is the way that gems affect the battle system. So far as I can see, there is an optimal gem that beats out all other gems (especially before getting Emily as a party member) and that's the shield gem. It's always the best thing to get in battle. Even if it weren't though...

You always put your best low level gem (shield) on a single pair since that's the easiest thing to get and as result you always want to get a single pair each combat turn. The problem? It basically takes all incentive away to try to go for a better hand. Every time I get 3 of a kind, or 2 pairs, or even a flush etc., it's a burden instead of a bonus. I feel like the gem system should be reworked a little so that a better hand always means a better outcome... maybe this will come into play once gems are more widely available later in the game, but so far (haven't played this update yet, about to now.. very excited for it, love this game) during these first weeks/months all I ever want to get is a single pair.
Hmm.. A better hand always have a potential for a better outcome; I usually use the power terms 1-9 to describe the gems. A Damage1 (which fits in a two-of-a-kind slot and above) does 20 points of pure damage. A Damage2 (three-of-a-kind) does 30. In general the jump from Tier1->Tier2 is usually around 50% better. A Damage9 (the true flawless Diamond, which you can trade from Chloe against 50 ingredients) does 400, and needs a Straight Flush or higher to trigger.

As for strategy, that's a topic of active discussion on (#love-of-magic-poker-balance channel), where players who're actually a lot better than me at the game theorycraft ideas. The shield / nuke combo (using Shield Gems + Emily, with Katie) is an easy first combat strategy, especially if you upgrade Katie with the True Flawless Fire gem you can purchase from the Quartermaster. There are other strategies; like Torman I'm a Lightning fan, especially with the new stun-tiers (so stunning an enemy now happens at 3, 7, 14, 21, 28 etc lightning damage, rather than being a flat 20 cost). Some have tried to argue that a pure damage deck works best; I think that's probably underpowered, but clean. We appear to have reached consensus that a Poison Deck is underpowered, so I'll be bumping up the Poison dealt to see if we can fix it; in general that part of the game gets a lot of tweaks based on player feedback.

Finally, with the events at the end of Act II, the available strategies change quite a lot. Molly is both a sorceress and a Chosen, and is potentially quite OP, especially if combined with high level gems. Akane's Seer Skills (which allow her to do Board Manipulation, for example sorting the board by value or by suit) also change the gameplay, making straights and flushes much more common. Finally, as you may guess from the end of Act III, things are changing in respect to MC's own abilities. But that will have to wait for Act IV before you see.

Hope that helps

Reactions: DA22 and MisterL

ayitox52

Sep 21, 2018
Help me please. Im new player im going to new town speaking chloe taking me 10dollar for beer then speech is over then i cant do anything i cant speak chloe what am going to do
edit: Omg it has new update. im playing 2.14 :D i will downlod again i hope its gonna fix

help please it didnt fix. it is bug or i dont know what to do

edit: i watch the first 10 minute gameplay after giving beer you click on chloe, i click several times but nothing happens conversation doesnt start.

Droid Productions help plz

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Help me please. Im new player im going to new town speaking chloe taking me 10dollar for beer then speech is over then i cant do anything i cant speak chloe what am going to do
edit: Omg it has new update. im playing 2.14 :D i will downlod again i hope its gonna fix

help please it didnt fix. it is bug or i dont know what to do

edit: i watch the first 10 minute gameplay after giving beer you click on chloe, i click several times but nothing happens conversation doesnt start.
Go to your room and sleep and when wake up go into town. That should do it.

If not you might have an old bug and would advise to restart game and with ctrl hurry back to old part, if that does not help Droid will need look at your save I suspect.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Awesome :)

PS: What program did you use to make your middle signature? The words transition part I mean. It's awesome!
Adobe AfterEffects. I've been playing with it a fair bit recently, the last thing was the new act release video:

Once it's exported as an AVI, I brought it into Photoshop, shrank it down and added the sub-bar (which I borrowed from Krull 's templates, which is how I got into making sigs), then exported it for legacy/web

Quess

Aug 5, 2017
The lightning gem is a cascade; I wanted to avoid 'stun locking' the opponent, so first stun is easy (3 lightning), but then each subsequent one gets more expensive (3, 7, 14, 21, 28, etc). I reset it at the beginning of a fight; I forgot that would have an impact outside fights.

Apart from that, #love-of-magic-poker-balance on the Discord ( ) gets a lot of this kind of discussion. I think there's a lot of people who've played vastly more of the poker game than me.

Cool, i will take a look at the Discord channel soon. hopefully we can help you, with the balance. without taking away your work time for the important stuff ^^

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes