Jun 13, 2018
Hell I was hooked the first playthrough and have played 14 times now, over 400 hours.
LOL!.....notice i said BY the 2nd playthru....i've lost count of how many playthru's of the trilogy i've done, both offline and on Steam combined, but i know on Steam alone i've got over 200 hrs of playthru on the trilogy combined.....so maybe 10 or 12 of the trilogy, PLUS a ton of testing of certain scenes/errors i've found.....i play this game too much....and i LOVE IT!

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Damn... I loved the game on my first playthrough, but I cannot imagine playing it 14 times. You must have seen every scene so many times you know it by heart now.
I am disable with a very short term memory so its like playing for the first time with a few memories of the game.
I have to write down things to remember them.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Doputgun

Sep 15, 2018
This game looks sooooo good but at the same time seems too complicated. I have that feeling you get when you want to play a strategy game like EU4 but you don't want to learn all the mechanics and UI but in this case it's a little different. Is it really like what I think it's like? Hard to get into without really really wanting to play it?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This game looks sooooo good but at the same time seems too complicated. I have that feeling you get when you want to play a strategy game like EU4 but you don't want to learn all the mechanics and UI but in this case it's a little different. Is it really like what I think it's like? Hard to get into without really really wanting to play it?
Nope, super easy.

The basic combat system is just matching poker hands to trigger 'spells', so you might have set up a Three of a Kind to map to a Fire3 skill. Each time you match a three of a kind, you cast a Fire 3 (do direct damage + apply fire damage). Then the enemy gets a turn to do the same to you.

But if you don't know poker you can also click AUTO (or press space), and it'll do its best to make a match (using the same AI as your opponent).

If you've got the debug menu enabled (CTRL+J) you can also skip to the end of combat by pressing 0 (number zero).

Some people really get into the combat system, and spend a lot of time on the Paths, others just want the story... the game tries to cater to the entire range of players.

Doputgun

Sep 15, 2018
Nope, super easy.

The basic combat system is just matching poker hands to trigger 'spells', so you might have set up a Three of a Kind to map to a Fire3 skill. Each time you match a three of a kind, you cast a Fire 3 (do direct damage + apply fire damage). Then the enemy gets a turn to do the same to you.

But if you don't know poker you can also click AUTO (or press space), and it'll do its best to make a match (using the same AI as your opponent).

If you've got the debug menu enabled (CTRL+J) you can also skip to the end of combat by pressing 0 (number zero).

Some people really get into the combat system, and spend a lot of time on the Paths, others just want the story... the game tries to cater to the entire range of players.
Thank you for the quick response. I'll definitely give it a try.

Reactions: Droid Productions
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes