Network 34 Games

Developer of The Accidental Master
Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
This game is getting more and more interesting with each release (not that it didn't BEGIN interesting) plenty of twists and turns along the way to keep you on your toes.

the poker took a little bit of getting used to, but it makes for an interesting twist to the gameplay (rather than just clicking a button) and while not difficult is challenging enough that you often need to think a couple moves in advance.

And glad to see the bathroom is finally useful! lol (now to make the alleyway useful again too lol)

cant wait for the next installment!

Reactions: DA22 and Rolo

Sayujiro

Aug 25, 2018
something i noticed btw:

- in one scene, where you go to the school in the evening to 'punish' Molly, the music doesn't change. it plays the theme of whatever scene you were in before. (uh maybe it was another 'auto-go-to-university-scene', i don't remember 100% sry)

- when i tried to load my 'chapter 2 finished' save game, you can't interact with your GF in the restaurant. i get the 'hover' interaction, but she just doesn't speak up^^ fixed it by loading my last quicksave (before the whole date).

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
something i noticed btw:

- in one scene, where you go to the school in the evening to 'punish' Molly, the music doesn't change. it plays the theme of whatever scene you were in before. (uh maybe it was another 'auto-go-to-university-scene', i don't remember 100% sry)

- when i tried to load my 'chapter 2 finished' save game, you can't interact with your GF in the restaurant. i get the 'hover' interaction, but she just doesn't speak up^^ fixed it by loading my last quicksave (before the whole date).
You can jump out of the restaurant though if use the cntrl+J option and then the map.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Sayujiro

Aug 25, 2018
You can jump out of the restaurant though if use the cntrl+J option and then the map.
not sure about it. but i think i even were able to click the button to go back to the greenmarket, but still, returning to the restaurant she didn't talk to me. well, got things going via the quickload, so nvm^^

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
something i noticed btw:

I had the same glitch. i think i solved it by quick travelling out of the restaraunt and then it just continues normally.

Bulb69

Donor
Jun 9, 2018
I have to say, this cuck bullshit with the black guy is a really big negative in an otherwise great great game... it was easy enough to ignore his existence in the game before now, but that beach scene was just the absolute worst part of this game. Having all your girls together for the first time and in bathing suits should have been awesome... instead it was just sad and disappointing. What purpose does having a male in your harem serve exactly? I really hope he doesn't become an even bigger part of this and ruin the game completely.
Probably because this team as not build by MC for harem purpose? This is my vision of this.

Indeed, this big guy does a task in a harem vision. But he has his place in a group of warriors with a mission.

A medical officer is an asset in a guerilla war. It is precisely its role.

Even I who love women need the presence of another man from time to time. Mainly to share the kind of thing that is difficult to do with a woman (like these woman problems).

For me, his presence is relevant.

Reactions: Heresi

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
indeed his presence is very relevant, every raid needs a healer (anyone who has ever played an MMO or D&D will know this lol) thus far though he does seem a bit of a spare wheel with no real backstory, but i am betting on that changing in upcoming releases. Hell, even a couple lines of dialogue saying he has sworn to a life of chastity, etc could work. I expect he is going to become more prominent.

krotonor

Dec 31, 2018
or, looking at the fact that this is world of magic and mythology, they could add optional path with gender change (I mean it's pretty interesting topic if you can see psychological changes of this type of character), still it's nice that not all the first plane characters are harem members. By the way, I can't add black roses through debug mode (changing value of rose aren't giving me new dialogue options for Starcucks girl)

Challenge

Donor
Aug 1, 2018
In the fight with the Litch my deck was acting strangely. It showed a hand, but as I moused over the card changed to a different one. I couldn't play the one showing, only the one during the mouse over. Annoying really, especially since the visible hand (no mouse over) had better plays than the second one (mouse over). I discarded and the visible deck didn't change but the move over one did. Without the straight, full house, and four of a kind in the showing deck (at different times) I got beat down to 1 HP because I was limited to plays of three of a kind or lower.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Okay. Missed the report. Thanks.
Yeah, it's on my todo list. Right now I'm working on the poker game, so I'll probably do a mini update with only poker fixes and tweaks quite soon. More enemies, more spells/gems, extending the allies system (you can how the allies are being tweaked as of yesterday), and maybe do a *very* rough VFX pass.

hashcheckin

Dec 22, 2017
I'm into this more than I expected to be, but I feel like as you got towards the end of the currently available content, it started getting way too escapist, if that makes sense. You just get handed too many big ups in a row if you play straight through.

For example, I think it'd feel better if you had to work towards the Glade in some way, rather than it just being given to you outright. It should be the reward at the end of a long dungeon or series of events.

I do like the give-take of allies in a fight, though, where the kitsune chick's bodyguard might be the most useful combat ally in the game, but she effectively costs two slots.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm into this more than I expected to be, but I feel like as you got towards the end of the currently available content, it started getting way too escapist, if that makes sense. You just get handed too many big ups in a row if you play straight through.
Canonically I'm assuming that people are spending a lot of time fighting in Elsewhere; I'm not enforcing that in the story (because I want people to be able to play the game in whatever way makes them happy), but there are elements where Emily tells you that all of you are growing too strong, too quickly, from what is happening in Elsewhere. Which is of course a little silly when you're still level 2, but...

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes