Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
the text too small :cry: the game look interesting but is there away to increase text size? debug mode maybe?
Intesting question. I might need to tweak some UIs for that to work, but I could try to set it up for the next release. Let me look into that.

Harder enemies give much less experience, is that normal? I struggled to beat a 9 minotaur and it gave me ~300 base exp, while a 3 fire elemental gave me 4 times that number.
It's a known bug; the XP multiplier for Knights/Lords seem to have an issue. I'm checking that one out today.

Reactions: JohnnyBigHead

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Nonetheless, I do love how this game is improving with each update, so much that I can feel how much passion you put into this (honestly I thought that this game was created by game studio and, at least a medium one at that) by the way when we do you think you will finish and post the next update? I'm not trying to stress you up, especially since the last update was like 4 days ago but I can't wait to see what will happen to Emily and Katie (other characters too but the end of the act 3 put most of the attention on those 2 characters and Thorman),
Act IV will take a bit of time; I move these things forwards with leapfrogging; one big release that's focused on story (Act I, II, III), then one release that's focused on world-building and usually feature functionality that work across all the acts (Slice of Life / Elsewhere / Crowley Update Project).

also what about the Mother? I mean MC didn't contact her whatsoever so far and it would be a shame if she stayed as irrelevant character from narrative point of view (I'm not saying to make her a harem member but she needs more screen time)
I'm going to add a "contact mom" app on the PC for the next big update, you're not the only one asking why he's so mean to her :) She belongs to his US life, though; he's not going to see her much until later.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's a crime that you don't have more patrons. Your game is one of the best ones here. I really enjoyed the latest release. Thank you.
Thanks! I'm actually shocked and humbled at how many supporters I've already got, especially considering I only set up the Patreon last month. I'm also not paywalling the game, there's no "become my patreon so you can download the game early" or anything like that, the only reason for supporting it is because you like it. Hopefully I can make the game worthy of their support.

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Thanks! I'm actually shocked and humbled at how many supporters I've already got, especially considering I only set up the Patreon last month. I'm also not paywalling the game, there's no "become my patreon so you can download the game early" or anything like that, the only reason for supporting it is because you like it. Hopefully I can make the game worthy of their support.
If i could, i would support you. Rare to see this quality from a new dev. By the way,(Incase anyone complains. Muppets are plentiful after all) please don't tone down on the hilarious dialogue, heck turn it to 11. So far the dialogue is the best part.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
the text too small :cry: the game look interesting but is there away to increase text size? debug mode maybe?
Something like this? I take it you're on Android, if the text is too small? I can't really change the buttons (a full UI redo is more work than I go afford). The only other thing I could look at doing is increase the conversation panel in Large Text mode, though I'd need see what else that breaks :)

1583284757166.png
1583284773721.png
1583284792659.png

View attachment 2020-03-04 07-19-32.mp4

Last edited:
Reactions: Shades19 and Heresi

Wistil

Sep 9, 2018
That is some big chat, I usually make most game chats bigger, but don't seem to have any problem reading this one. Maybe it would be needed on a phone, but playing on my computer instead.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That is some big chat, I usually make most game chats bigger, but don't seem to have any problem reading this one. Maybe it would be needed on a phone, but playing on my computer instead.
Yeah, it's more for Androids. There I should really increase the buttons as well, but a full UI overhaul is just going to derail me for days.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sat down and spent some time auto-generating documentation:

New stuff:
- All the various Elsewhere events as they're currently (0.3.12) setup, with all enemy stats and probabilities
- All the Allies and their spell effects
- All the loot tables, with probabilities
- All the gems (as of 0.3.12, though new ones will come in) and what the various effects do

Reactions: Shades19

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm terribly lazy. Especially when it comes to repetitive tasks.

Most of the docs (outside effects/allies, which are hand written) are auto-pulled from the asset database. Since it's in GitLab, it's all actually stored as a git repo, and it turned out it was quite trivial to clone it somewhere useful, then have the various trackers write the mark-down files directly from Unity, and just push it back up again. So now it's even possible the documents will stay up-to-date :)

1583301117157.png

Chriss475

Sep 6, 2017
I was thinking of ways to upgrade Chloe's abilities to still make it useful to have her along even after you've recruited Molly and the Seer. As a first upgrade i'd suggest letting the player choose which of their cards gets replaced by the joker instead of it being random. As a further upgrade she'd need something of equal power as the Scry or Chosen ability to I suggest giving her a passive that allows you to have an extra card in your hard.

Reactions: Rolo and DA22

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I was thinking of ways to upgrade Chloe's abilities to still make it useful to have her along even after you've recruited Molly and the Seer. As a first upgrade i'd suggest letting the player choose which of their cards gets replaced by the joker instead of it being random. As a further upgrade she'd need something of equal power as the Scry or Chosen ability to I suggest giving her a passive that allows you to have an extra card in your hard.
She's gotten an upgrade already; she now has two moves, one that changes the center of the board to a Joker, one that changes a card on your hand. I'm also tweaking her recharge rate (so she recharges a whole lot faster than molly)

Reactions: Shades19 and Rolo

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I spent some time adding documentation over the last two days; I decided I might as well link that into the game as well:

In addition to that I added a system for changing character names; quite often someone's named their character Biggus Dickus, or the girl some variation of Cumslut, and start to regret their life-choices after a while.

Heresi

May 26, 2018
In addition to that I added a system for changing character names; quite often someone's named their character Biggus Dickus,
Never done that though I admit to having a small stable of MC names and often restart after a bit of play to change to the 'right' one.

or the girl some variation of Cumslut, and start to regret their life-choices after a while.
Excuse me, it's pronounced Koomslootay.

(Of the Blakemoor Cumsluts, obviously.)

Badtanker63

Apr 14, 2019
Awesome I made it to the Lake after Thor did his thing. Only thing I did have problems with was that after Molly did her thing with the cards I would use them up and there would still be 2 more behind the cards in my hand. i would mouse over and say it was a 6 of diamonds. Well when I mouse over that card it would change to a joker and stay a joker if I pulled it out. It straightened out after a few times and quit doing that. I like that I can go into Elsewhere when ever. Love the game can't wait for more. thanks Droid

Reactions: Droid Productions
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes