SB-Luna

Aug 6, 2018
When dungeoneering into the Elsewhere it often says dont want to make the group too big, is there a reason for this? it seems better to take more people.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
When dungeoneering into the Elsewhere it often says dont want to make the group too big, is there a reason for this? it seems better to take more people.
Balance, mostly; I wanted you to pick and chose different allies, and adjust your play-style to that. An excursion with Emily, Katie and Dylan should feel very different than to one with Molly, Akane and Kitsune.

iny

Aug 24, 2016
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I seem to have run into a bug with the swimsuit event in 0.3.9b:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In any case, thanks a lot to the dev for making this game! I'm glad someone is incorporating elements from the Dresden Files and invests time into fleshing out their universe with interesting characters and background stories.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, it's a bug in timing; that store shouldn't open until after the beach date, then you have a second trip to Elsewhere afterwards, just you and Emily, where you teach her to not be afraid of the water. Fixed in latest build, I'll try to post it here over the weekend, once I check that the final poker fixes are up.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
katie_firefan2.gif emily_fan.gif molly_mug.gif

I usually get an itch to play around with something different before a release, so I made myself some more sigs.

This update is just an elsewhere update (VFXs, improved help, the long awaited chat section with Mom, bug-fixes, etc). I'll get back onto the Crowley Upgrade once it's out, but I figure it's a worthwhile update for anyone who enjoys the poker.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
And some for the characters that haven't been getting as much love so far. I set up a simple scene in After Effects, using Particulate (same tools as I used for the Emily/Molly/Katie renders above). The fireball is a particle system, and is used both as background, and as stencil alpha.

flaresig_akane.gif
flaresig_chloe.gif

flaresig_diana.gif
flaresig_dylan.gif
flaresig_jenny.gif

flaresig_kitsune.gif
flaresig_olivia.gif
flaresig_sarah.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Shades19

volitivegoblin

Mar 7, 2020
I am in love with this game I had so much fun battling and the models were amazing the princess was a goddess and i fell in love with her. I just wish there was an option to keep playing after you finish the game going into the portal and battling the monsters leveling up gaining stats. I did not get to beat Katie 3 times in a row because I did not have enough of all 3 stats I was very close but the game forced me to move on in the story and I did not have time to finish getting my stats up. I could be missing a place to get your int up but it would still be fun to get a free mode.

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
I am in love with this game I had so much fun battling and the models were amazing the princess was a goddess and i fell in love with her. I just wish there was an option to keep playing after you finish the game going into the portal and battling the monsters leveling up gaining stats. I did not get to beat Katie 3 times in a row because I did not have enough of all 3 stats I was very close but the game forced me to move on in the story and I did not have time to finish getting my stats up. I could be missing a place to get your int up but it would still be fun to get a free mode.
If you use the shortcut "strg+j" you open the debug menu, if you have a savefile close to the end of the content open it and use the button "force start day" and enter a day after the content (e.g. 60 or higher). This way you can keep playing and doing more elsewhere runs for fun.

With some experience and more playthroughs you will find it easy to gain enough stats for said event. Just go to the elsewhere on the free days and you will get your needed stats in no time. Besides that use the gym and/or reading books.

im new to this site and don't know how to review but if I did id give the game 5 stars
Just click the stars (how much you want to give to the game) in the banner on top and you will be able to write your review.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
im new to this site and don't know how to review but if I did id give the game 5 stars
Thanks for the review, those make my day.

As MisterL pointed out, you can jump backwards (say to day 60) to keep playing. Free Int upgrades are available from the Private Library (where you meet Olivia), but usually the books pay out better in the long run.

DocSilence

Jan 13, 2018
Is there a second swimming lesson with Emily? After the first one she scheduled the next one for Friday and then no event happened.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is there a second swimming lesson with Emily? After the first one she scheduled the next one for Friday and then no event happened.
There will be, but only in Act IV. "Next Friday" should be the first day of Act IV, unless I screwed up the scheduling for that.

Reactions: DocSilence

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I just updated the thread; this is a pure Quality of Life build, and does not add substantial additional story.

It does however:
- add in the new visual effects system for poker, has a lot of balance updates and fixes various poker bugs
- fixes a whole bunch of little bugs and typos, including some possible progression blockers
- improves the UI / flow
- updates the Computer
- user management can now change any of the custom character names
- you can call mom in the evenings (she'll give you pocket money if cash < 50)
- Day 12 night a new icon opens up, called Courseware, which links to the walkthrough and Poker documentation ingame
- Added two new friend games (Battle for Luvia : Armored Romance and Bad Memories)

If you usually ignore Elsewhere / the Poker game, you can probably ignore this build, and I'll get back to the Crowley upgrade project. If you're someone who enjoys playing Poker, this build is probably quite useful.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I just updated the thread; this is a pure Quality of Life build, and does not add substantial additional story.

It does however:
- add in the new visual effects system for poker, has a lot of balance updates and fixes various poker bugs
- fixes a whole bunch of little bugs and typos, including some possible progression blockers
- improves the UI / flow
- updates the Computer
- user management can now change any of the custom character names
- you can call mom in the evenings (she'll give you pocket money if cash < 50)
- Day 12 night a new icon opens up, called Courseware, which links to the walkthrough and Poker documentation ingame
- Added two new friend games (Battle for Luvia : Armored Romance and Bad Memories)

If you usually ignore Elsewhere / the Poker game, you can probably ignore this build, and I'll get back to the Crowley upgrade project. If you're someone who enjoys playing Poker, this build is probably quite useful.
Sounds like a nice update, will wait a bit though and replay all of act 3 when some of the Crowley update is available. :)

Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
Good grief, how did I not notice this hidden gem(that does +70 pure damage) until now? Interesting characters that are fleshed out(pun intended) enough to actually care about, a combat system that works but doesn't consume massive amounts of time detracting from the story, and a fantastic(al) story setup.

CDG

Dec 10, 2017
Wow. This game is kickass! Just finished act 3 and did NOT see that coming. I am all excited to see what dmg can do against a God of War and then ... end of act 3. No!!!

I would give this 5 stars if it didn't require writing a review of more than 200 characters to do so (with a warning that it might be removed if not constructive enough and a link to a review writing rules page... Daunting). But definately my favorite game to date.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes