Mod Others Love Potion disaster Evil Mode edition

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

LeruArt

Nov 10, 2021
I'm really new at modding and game design in general, why I'm currently doing a high level course on it on college. All that was going wrong was the game kept crashing at just the plant boss, and idk if it was bc of me editing damage numbers (is there a limit?). No sprites were even edited yet, as I wanted to leave that till last.
I just didn't know what was wrong, idk were to start looking to fix the issue. I don't even know if the debug mod is broken and not useful for modding at all.

Untamed

Mar 8, 2018
Friendly reminder, hounding the dev with ideas, suggestions, and pressuring them to work on and release an update is a quick and surefire way for the project to get cancelled and abandoned.
Remember, the one in charge of making the mod is a human, not an NPC that bends to your every whim.
Be patient.

I just didn't know what was wrong, idk were to start looking to fix the issue. I don't even know if the debug mod is broken and not useful for modding at all.
Have you tried going to the Project X Discord?

Reactions: FruityBatJosh

Freezewood369

Jan 6, 2021
leruart,it's supossed you said you can make that mod for us,i said before you can made only a change of sprites,don't make something complicated,just edit the sprites where the characters looks pregnant in all possible sprites,if you want to cancel your mod,it's ok too,don't worry,don't add strange things,just change the images like something cosmetic but ok,like you said,the pregnant mod is cancelled and don't say you get ignored when you get asked because i reply to your ask of how you want to do your mod.

about the debug version of pxlpd,i don't know about it,you only asked for how you want to do this mod,i said how but i don't know how to fix that version of pxlpd debugged.

Untamed

Mar 8, 2018
leruart,it's supossed you said you can make that mod for us,i said before you can made only a change of sprites,don't make something complicated,just edit the sprites where the characters looks pregnant in all possible sprites,if you want to cancel your mod,it's ok too,don't worry,don't add strange things,just change the images like something cosmetic but ok,like you said,the pregnant mod is cancelled and don't say you get ignored when you get asked because i reply to your ask of how you want to do your mod.

about the debug version of pxlpd,i don't know about it,you only asked for how you want to do this mod,i said how but i don't know how to fix that version of pxlpd debugged.
With all due respect, I think it might be better if you tell us what you need in your own language, can you do that for us?
Then someone can come along and translate it for you into something that can be understood.

Freezewood369

Jan 6, 2021
thanks untamed and yeah,the truth about it is... im not using any traslators,my english is a little bad,i can read it and understand what is said but i can't communicate with it,i misspelling some words and yeah,this is how i communicate.. my natural lenguage is spanish,im from argentina so yeah... i continue learning english,im sorry if i can't communicate very well in english,just basic but some words out of orders,sorry. :unsure:

LeruArt

Nov 10, 2021
Found the cause of the crash. Bc I was setting the player damages to decrease by three-quarters of the original, it meant some were in decimal. The engine hates that bc none of the damages were set as floats instead of integers. I'm gonna simplify the damages and put the player damages back to normal

Freezewood369

Jan 6, 2021
¿why you changed it before?,¿you tried to make the characters more realist with the pregnant mod?,like being more slow and heavy making troubles with the jump and the gravity etc... :LOL:

¿what are you trying to do?,just modify the sprites and don't make complicated things,it's fine too if you want to create and give more realism the skins and mods too but in first place only you need to modify the sprites and don't worry of the others things,the idea is see if the pregnant skin work like a simple sprites skins changes and later you can try and create more complicated things with the help of the others. :unsure:

about something,¿do you see before these images i uploaded before where the characters using a latex or rubber full bodysuit?,i imagined to change and add some sounds where we can heard these sexy rubbery sounds of their bodysuits but adding new things to the game are more complicated so the most basic thing to do is just edit the sprites to make them wear differents outfits and never touch the parameters and settings of the game if i don't know what im doing. :whistle:

LeruArt

Nov 10, 2021
¿why you changed it before?,¿you tried to make the characters more realist with the pregnant mod?,like being more slow and heavy making troubles with the jump and the gravity etc... :LOL:

¿what are you trying to do?,just modify the sprites and don't make complicated things,it's fine too if you want to create and give more realism the skins and mods too but in first place only you need to modify the sprites and don't worry of the others things,the idea is see if the pregnant skin work like a simple sprites skins changes and later you can try and create more complicated things with the help of the others. :unsure:

about something,¿do you see before these images i uploaded before where the characters using a latex or rubber full bodysuit?,i imagined to change and add some sounds where we can heard these sexy rubbery sounds of their bodysuits but adding new things to the game are more complicated so the most basic thing to do is just edit the sprites to make them wear differents outfits and never touch the parameters and settings of the game if i don't know what im doing. :whistle:
Yeah. Btw what should I do about sounds and game overs for it?

Freezewood369

Jan 6, 2021
well... these game over screens looks fine,if you can edit completely these images but they are a gif,you need something like a program to separate these gifs images for images,frames per frames and edit them to looks like you want or probably stay them and just only change the sprites,don't worry about the sounds,i think you probably let stay it like how they are.

Freezewood369

Jan 6, 2021
cool,i wish good luck for you,these two ideas are very good too,have fun with the mod and thanks very much too for creating it. :giggle:

Knocked!

Jul 1, 2022
hi, i saw the project a few days ago and toke the brilliant idea of editing some sprites despite not having any kind of experience. so, can i ask for some recommendations of programs?._.

LeruArt

Nov 10, 2021
is there a way to manually code the levels so theyre unlocked? using the open source version

Freezewood369

Jan 6, 2021
i recommend ''portable photoshop cs3'' and for separating the sprites from the pink background i reccomend ''ASU_17'' too.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes