Mod Others Completed Love Potion Disaster Mod Edition [v3.2] [RedEye Samurai]

4.80 star(s) 10 Votes

What should I focus on first besides completing Stage 5?

• Finish the Pregnancy Mod

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • Add the ability to choose different skins for characters

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Add a new character

Votes: 34 44.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 25, 2022
Appreciate the work.
Some Points, I probably didn't notice all the changes yet so sorry in advance if misjudge something.

Not sure why you bothered to make some stuff like
  • the overworld
    What is the point of that or is there something planned? Adding some point in visiting past stages would be cool, but sounds like a lot of work to do anything meaningful with it, we already have Stage Select.
  • Upgrade system
    Makes the game easier than it already is. I think the problem is players improves faster than game getting more difficult.
    Every time I replay PXLPD I get caught at the start until I figure how to position and escape. If enemies did more damage (didn't really notice) this would make some sense.
  • Why is Zu immediately playable?
    Isn't she supposed to be a secret unlockable character, designed after one of the Zeta Team members. Never managed to unlock her (didn't want to look up the conditions).

About the poll. Missed it but...
Adding more characters sounds great, but this is a lot of work for not so much value. It makes the game more complex because every new enemy has to be adjusted for one more character. I also can't think of a character the game is direly in need of (well Sonic ironically, but most people probably only care about the female characters).
The next most important/remarkable characters lacking are probably Sally, Tikal, Cosmo
Characters like Maria, Elise, Sage would probably a bit odd (lol).
Skins would also be great, but in the scenes they are naked anyways
Pregnancy Mode
I like it, why not include it into the main modded game? Make it a toggle option.
I think it would be cool, if you didn't start pregnant but become pregnant after the first insemination (KO)

Some suggestions.
(I try to limit it to stuff which hopefully wouldn't be too hard to implement)
Those are just ideas not meant as a necessity or required in all combinations​

Enemies
Like aforementioned I think the game is already a bit to easy or rather becomes easier as you progress. The problem is that its easy to abuse jumping attacks and stunlocking enemies that rarely can do more than just straight up walk to you. Also escaping becomes too easy with some getting used to. Also walking into enemies vertically is super awkward.
Some positive counterexamples are the teleporting ghost girls or the second stage underwater boss (pink goo girl) who immediately grabs you and is also super fast.
Stun resistance: Instead of (just) having enemies with more health give them stun resistance (honestly might not work so well by how grabbing works)
Enemy variations (colored): give them bonus stats other than just more health e.g. faster, more dmg, harder to escape
Grabs: Reworking the system might be a good idea and there are many options to do this, but for now some less intrusive changes.
A resistance attribute, might work well with the upgrade system. Eg. starting out with 3, the 3rd grab will always be unescapable. A horse could deduct 2 points from resisting. Some other things could affect it too, like (new) enemy attacks or pressing special to late means you both get lewded and loose a resistance point. In theory the energy bar should already do it but you rarely run out of energy.
Give some enemies the ability to bypass the escape counter event (like the pink girl boss) and immediately do the lewds, possibly drain health and different escape condition.
Negative Traits for some specific attacks, player getting temporarily slower, lock jumping, lock special attack, lock normal attack, make next grab irresistible. Those could vanish automatically after some time or maybe another grab cures it, so a player who can't attack walks willingly into an enemy to get rid of it faster.
For possible new enemies: Maybe have them punish you for passing them sideways or jumping over them. Or give them range/charge attacks/grabs where the player is supposed to flank into them. Trick the player into using escape counter against one kind of enemy which has the opposite effect or punish him if he presses too late.

Items (used condom)
Got the idea yesterday that it might be neat to punish the player for blindly picking up items.
The used condom could work like this, that it always sets your health to half full.
It makes more sense considering how it is already covered in semen and full health essentially is an empty semen meter

I know Evil Mode mod exists to make the game more 'challenging', but I don't think making grabs unescapable and always nude is the right way to do it. The first thing just makes the game even more hit and run and the second desensitize him to the lewds.
Sorry for that wall o' text
As for pregnancy mode, I tried that and it didn't work. OpenBor isn't programmed that way

fighting001

Nov 3, 2019
Enemies
Like aforementioned I think the game is already a bit to easy or rather becomes easier as you progress. The problem is that its easy to abuse jumping attacks and stunlocking enemies that rarely can do more than just straight up walk to you. Also escaping becomes too easy with some getting used to. Also walking into enemies vertically is super awkward.
Some positive counterexamples are the teleporting ghost girls or the second stage underwater boss (pink goo girl) who immediately grabs you and is also super fast.
Stun resistance: Instead of (just) having enemies with more health give them stun resistance (honestly might not work so well by how grabbing works)
Enemy variations (colored): give them bonus stats other than just more health e.g. faster, more dmg, harder to escape
Grabs: Reworking the system might be a good idea and there are many options to do this, but for now some less intrusive changes.
A resistance attribute, might work well with the upgrade system. Eg. starting out with 3, the 3rd grab will always be unescapable. A horse could deduct 2 points from resisting. Some other things could affect it too, like (new) enemy attacks or pressing special to late means you both get lewded and loose a resistance point. In theory the energy bar should already do it but you rarely run out of energy.
Give some enemies the ability to bypass the escape counter event (like the pink girl boss) and immediately do the lewds, possibly drain health and different escape condition.
Negative Traits for some specific attacks, player getting temporarily slower, lock jumping, lock special attack, lock normal attack, make next grab irresistible. Those could vanish automatically after some time or maybe another grab cures it, so a player who can't attack walks willingly into an enemy to get rid of it faster.
For possible new enemies: Maybe have them punish you for passing them sideways or jumping over them. Or give them range/charge attacks/grabs where the player is supposed to flank into them. Trick the player into using escape counter against one kind of enemy which has the opposite effect or punish him if he presses too late.
As far as I know, the ghosts in stage 4 alone have attracted a lot of complaints
I don't think challenging is something that the players of this game care about
Of course, if RedEye wants to do it, there is no reason to stop him
But it should be optional, not mandatory for everyone to take on a more difficult challenge

LeruArt

Nov 10, 2021
Yeah, the "they are in a counter-state half the time and change states at any time and without any real indication besides the visuals after it happens"-ghosts.
They aren't invincible against jump-attacks tho. Although it's harder to use jump-attacks against a group of ghosts

sektz

Aug 6, 2018
As far as I know, the ghosts in stage 4 alone have attracted a lot of complaints
I don't think challenging is something that the players of this game care about
Of course, if RedEye wants to do it, there is no reason to stop him
But it should be optional, not mandatory for everyone to take on a more difficult challenge
I can feel with those complaints and it has less to do about challenge. They are just annoying to deal with. It's not that they are hard but if you get frustrated you make mistakes.
I'm not asking for more challenge because I get bored of the gameplay, or blast through it without making any mistakes.
It is also because few enemies pose a threat which are the scenes you might get tired of, while other enemies have you fail intentionally or you just pass them.
This is another thing I considered to bringing up, allowing the player to skip scenes or escape mid-scene. But I'm a bit torn to just let the player skip a scene, at least with the current system, as this takes away from the punishment of getting caught

As for pregnancy mode, I tried that and it didn't work. OpenBor isn't programmed that way
I took a peek into openbor documentation. So the game is just one giant mod and its predominantly controlled by config files with some limited scripting inside them. If I understand it right the problem is that you can't simply change costume on a character dependent on state, because the engine predefines a limited amount of states.

as mentioned in the documentation:
  • ‘load’ing a player character in a level’s .txt file will cause the player’s character to become the loaded character. You can’t bring the character select screen back up, though.
  • You can allow players to “unlock” characters in-game by only “know”ing the player in MODELS.txt, but putting an item which “load”s the entity in it’s header. If a player grabs the item, they will be able to select the new character whenever they run out of lives or go to the select screen. This isn’t saved when you close the game, though.
Though, Couldn't you add pregnant characters as separate characters.
And just maybe there is some trickery possible to change to another character (e.g. setting life to 1 and preselecting pregnant version)

KL-001-A

Dec 16, 2019
This and the base game are pretty cool, but I always wished that the gameplay was a little more complex instead of just being a simple beat-em-up with three attacks, and the goal is NOT to get raped, or at least hope that you lose to something that has the kind of sex you want.

ARU1048

Apr 30, 2022
I found some helpful images and gifs, I can't tell if they are discarded content or made by fans, I don't know if redeye has seen them either but at least I haven't seen anyone send them here so here they are

(long time no see guys huh?)

Reactions: Patatasfritas99

mare222

Jan 24, 2018
I found some helpful images and gifs, I can't tell if they are discarded content or made by fans, I don't know if redeye has seen them either but at least I haven't seen anyone send them here so here they are

long time no see indeed

Oct 5, 2022

Those one are pretty interesting. The one of cream the most one and the amy and tails one if it was a bit longer and with more facial expressions.
I really find that cream's animation sublime, how fluid it goes and how many elements it has... Hope Redeye can insert that animation as one of two every enemy has.

P. S.: where did you find them? If you find more please share with us if you can.

RedEye Samurai

Jul 14, 2022

The first two images have been given before, except for the last one. Yet I had no plans yet to add, for example, Evil Tails to the game, maybe someday.

Reds probably busy. Hope he's OK
I'm okay, don't worry.

4.80 star(s) 10 Votes