VN Ren'Py Love Season: Farmer's Dreams [v1.8] [MuseX]

4.20 star(s) 73 Votes

laflare82

Dec 24, 2018
Very cool but i have a feeling this will get abandoned in favor of the RPGM version :cautious:
Dont see how Renpy Mia Affection is doing great and it's not nearly as polished as this ye mia has better character models but it doesn't feel like its truly renpy while this does if you didn't know about the rpgm version you'd never know it was while Mia you can tell. But both games are great converting to renpy

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
i really like the design of nova (Game name). and i know modifications were probably made but does anyone know what asset she is based off of? what hair asset is used?

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
this is actually really good! gorgeous women, beautiful render. I really enjoyed the story so far. Moving this on to my top ten list now.

Reactions: ImperialD

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I think I never went beyond the chicken hunt in Farmer's dream, RPGM isn't reallly my thing, but the renders are sweet.
So I was happy to see this game here and I must say in many ways it doesn't disappoint.
The girls really are gorgeous, the writing is fine, the humour works (often).

The only thing I can complain about are quality of life thingies.
That you can't access the options with the RMB, that you have to go to the main menu to load a game instead of loading it from inside the game.
And when checking if different choices led to different outcomes, I found that the skipping function is very slow compared to other games.

Anyway, great start, looking forward to more.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Hope the MC "mans up". Men want to play as Conan ( and women too, of course), instead of backstreet boys or whatever they're called.
: grunts :

• Haha
Reactions: Triple OG

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Hope the MC "mans up". Men want to play as Conan ( and women too, of course), instead of backstreet boys or whatever they're called.
: grunts :
Farmer's Dream is actually one of the very few games I've played where the MC has a meaningful and believable character development. The cause to that changing though (his father's illness) seems to be scrapped from the game (it should've already happened), hopefully they just opted to move that event chain in 0.2.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Farmer's Dream is actually one of the very few games I've played where the MC has a meaningful and believable character development. The cause to that changing though (his father's illness) seems to be scrapped from the game (it should've already happened), hopefully they just opted to move that event chain in 0.2.
You mean the game moves away from farming, later on...like with Peasant's quest? I don't mind more "slow burn", but kind of got the impression, that's still how it goes. ( Not sure if this will be later on, and what the whole thing with sword/mermaid is about)

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
You mean the game moves away from farming, later on...like with Peasant's quest? I don't mind more "slow burn", but kind of got the impression, that's still how it goes. ( Not sure if this will be later on, and what the whole thing with sword/mermaid is about)
Nah, farming stayed on the forefront. Keep in mind the original RPGM game had a whole farming system where you had to plow your fields, sow them and water them each day. It was a lot of grind required if you didn't cheat.
The game started with the MC being lazy, awkward and kind of a loser but after a certain event (MC's father got ill) he had to pick up a lot of responsabilities and over time (not much to be fair) he became the hardest worker and much more social. It just makes sense given how much you had to sweat to progress through the grind.

It's not like Peasant's quest where the MC is the chosen one of 2 deities. The supernatural element is basically useless at the moment, it can be summarized in someone telling MC "believe in yourself".

This game is basically the events from Farmer's Dream without all the gameplay so it's progressing quite fast. Though I think they changed the event order to make it more episodic (makes sense).

Reactions: Triple OG

ionpop

Aug 5, 2019
I played Farmer's Dream some time ago and while the story was pretty interesting, the RPGM part felt a bit clunky and frustrating at times. So I think doing Love Season is actually a great idea to reach out to a greater audience. You are also in the unique position to do a bit of research as to what people want, how they want it, etc so I suggest you grab that opportunity with both hands (pun intended).

₩on

Dec 26, 2019
One of the best games tbh...the other one was fun but too much work to do lool. Is this game going to be updated more often or is this it?

Reactions: botc76

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
So far so good ,hoping we can make a man out of the MC (insert Mulan song) ,girls looks gorgeous and the story started well
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019
Just finished playing through the first chapter. I didn't play Farmer's Dream but I'm liking what I see so far from Love Season. I'm usually in favor of the macho MC so when I saw comments talking about his character I was a bit concerned. But I played through it and it's not all that bad to me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In conclusion, he is far from my favorite MC but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on him as a lost cause. People like his father, the elder, Mia and Evelyn all seem to treat him with some respect so in future chapters I can see him become more "manly" as he gains more confidence within himself.

badass

Jul 24, 2017

Hello everyone, I hope you enjoyed the holidays! First, I want to thank you for all the support you gave me last year, you guys are awesome! All I make here is thanks to my patrons and the people who support us with nice comments, feedback and by being part of our community on Discord. Thank you, I really appreciate all of you!
Now let's talk about Farmer's Dreams R16 and Love Season 0.2!
You all know I was planning on releasing R16 before Christmas, but unfortunately I wasn't able to finish things in time. Life just got too crazy with all the festivities, travels and spending time with my family and friends. I was almost finishing the game yesterday when I realized I still had a few CGs to render that I thought were already done. I'm rendering them right now and getting everything ready for the release. I didn't want to rush things yesterday anyway and release the game so close to the end of the year because I don't really like to release things so close to the end of the month, specially during a holiday like this since most of you wouldn't be able to download the game anyway. So as an apology, I'll be releasing R16 to all Copper+ patrons who supported me during December. So if you're not around anymore, just send me a message here on Patreon when the next version is released and I'll send you a link =)

I'm still planning on releasing R17 in January, even with this delay to deliver R16, and I'm confident I can make it.
I'll also start posting here to $1 patrons the FD version behind the most recent one, so R15 will be available as soon as R16 is released!

As for Love Season 0.2, we already have all CGs for it (waiting postwork) and the script done, so I'll start putting everything together this month as well. I'm hoping for a release in February, but I'll keep you updated.

Thank you for your patience and support!
Much love <3

4.20 star(s) 73 Votes