4.00 star(s) 77 Votes

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I'd call that at best circumstantial evidence. And very flimsy circumstantial evidence at that. It's very clearly said that they are not related. Two people who feel like family (but aren't) can also have feelings of conflict over a potential romantic/sexual relationship - it's a premise I've previously seen in film. But the feelings come from a different place than the incest taboo. It's an emotional conflict rather than a moral/ethical conflict.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
All the in game dialogue about how it's wrong for them to be getting together seems like pretty substantial evidence to me.
Of course, they grew up together. But nowhere is stated she's the blood daughter of Redd or MC's mom.

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
So the author seems to release an update every 2 months but looking at their patreon its kind of mixed messaging on whether they are continuing this past chapter 5? Anyone subbed to the patreon have any insight? Want to support the author if they are continuing this story but I don't like RPGM so I'd only care about love season and not farmers dream.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
So the author seems to release an update every 2 months but looking at their patreon its kind of mixed messaging on whether they are continuing this past chapter 5? Anyone subbed to the patreon have any insight? Want to support the author if they are continuing this story but I don't like RPGM so I'd only care about love season and not farmers dream.
They are planning on making 10 chapters so there plenty more to come as we're only at the half way point.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
They are planning on making 10 chapters so there plenty more to come as we're only at the half way point.
Hm...seems a bit on the low side, considering the story hasn't advanced much and still many LIs to go.
Is chapter 10 where FD is currently ending ?

Oct 8, 2019
I wanted to be nice here but I cannot. This needs to stop and now. Why am I pissed? Because this remake is taking all of the player choices away. Let me back up.

I found "Farmer's Dreams RPGM" something like 18 months ago and I tell you it is one of my favorite games. Not joking it sets easily in my top 5 and the only reason it doesn't get higher is the long window between updates. But the game makes sense and the mechanics are great. So when this remake first came out, I gave it a look, nothing of note in 0.1 as it was just setting up a story that I had played quite a few times but with the bonfire being in the wrong time spot. When 0.2 came and gave a new version of the cave scene, I was on board. It made more sense for Alex (MC's real name) and Nina to have sex in the cave than it did in the RPGM version and that goblin fight was cool. But I let it go for a few updates, as again, I know this story very well.

So here I come to 0.3, 0.4, and 0.5 all in one go. We get some backstory, find out where Amanda, Vincent, and I assume Sam are (sad story), and finally find out the in-story reason that Nova lives with the protagonist. I mean the real reason is incest sells and who can blame MuseX for wanting to make some money but I digress. But 0.3 set up the trip to Goblin mountain that I knew was coming so again we are hitting familiar terrority. EXCEPT, no Sam! Who is Sam? Alex's best friend from the RPGM version who goes on to be Mia's boyfriend but we will get to that fucking part believe me.

So no Sam, that means his replacement character of Nova is coming. Fair enough, Redd is basically her father. Wait Mia is coming too? The FUCK? Why? Oh, she has a crush on Alex. SO? Oh, you like Mia. SO? I'll come back to this point but do not believe I am done. Next, is Trevor coming along. Well, that was par for the course as was my groan and want to stab him in his sleep but that hasn't and will never change. No seriously, fuck that guy. But while I am here, fuck his dad Darius too.

In the RPGM version, Darius wants you to give him a girl for him to train you. Your options are Mia or Heather. Now Mia can already be your best friend's girl so that is a no-go. But you don't HAVE to give him Heather either as he will just take some Rum that you find as payment. But who was Heather you are asking. Heather was honestly the closest character to an actual girlfriend that Alex could get without breaking up Nina and Trevor. Sure there was a possible route with Laura but trust me you do not want to go down that road because that leads to a friendship with Trevor and did I mention fuck that guy? Anyway, Nova comments on some rumors about Darius and Heather and I am just going to stop right there. Kill this man if he did what is implied and burn his house to the ground, nuff said.

Back on Goblin Mountain, we find our heroes bewitched in the Fairy's trap. So far so normal, just no Vincent to rescue this time. Vincent was the original leader of the Militia and his character being gone does not affect much yet but it will in the future, trust me. But this trap makes our heroes go all "Midsummer's Night Dream" and leads to a scene that try as I might was not avoidable with Mia and Nova.....See this is where I started to get upset. I don't like Mia as a love interest, at all. I purposefully choose what I know to be the wrong option to piss her off and I am still lead down a path her character that I DO NOT want to follow.

Remember how I said I would come back to this? In the original, at the bonfire, you can push Sam to pursue her and it works in the story. Mia is not a girl that Alex the character ever thought about and even if the player likes her, it is not much of a sacrifice to let your best friend have a girl is it? But no, my biggest problem starts right here with this scene that I did not want. So if I am mistaken and there is a way to avoid it, please tell me.

Back to the story, find the Fairy, she doesn't get brought back home, get the flower, go home, rescue Dad. So far so good. A different scene plays out when we get home but that made more sense and gave a better laugh when Trevor started crying about his girlfriend treating him like he is not the most important man in her like (because he isn't, but he's slow). A love scene with Nova....well I highlighted earlier that it sells so no one is going to listen to that complaint. Then it is time for the second celebration of this story that at best is less than two weeks before the time skip after getting home, but first more Mia! Oh and look at that, no option in sight to say "no".

That might sound like a dead horse at this point but seriously, the point is choice, and taking that away and then shoving a character I dislike already in my face just made it go from annoying to infuriating. But here is a repurposed Mia scene, hooray blowjobs. Where the hell is Sammy when I need him? Skip ahead and we are at the tavern to tell the tale of what happened on the mountain. "Hey want a drink?" This was a choice originally. Sure it didn't have much impact on the story except if you got too drunk then you got to sleep in Evelyn's bed but that didn't make sense the first time and doesn't make sense now.

Actually, it makes less sense now. First, to gain affection with Evelyn you have to explain that you don't like to lose control so you don't drink. Cue the "wait a minute" meme kid. But and even if I dislike the fact but the protag is supposed to be something with Mia and while she probably wouldn't mind sharing with Nova, I'm betting Evelyn is not someone she would appreciate sleeping in the same bed as her whatever he is.

But the main reason I am hating this removal of choice? Because I feel like the devs are forcing us down the route that I said to avoid earlier. That being a two couple sex scene with the protag, ????, Trevor and Nina. I say question marks as it is Laura in the original but I doubt it would in this one. At least it doesn't feel like the groundwork was laid for that one at least. But back to the douche of the hour. Fuck that guy. No seriously, I have hated this character since the first time I met him and that was even before I found out that he was dating my favorite girl.

Trevor has one moment where I don't want to castrate him with a rusty carving knife and that is while under the Fairy's enchantment he admits that he is only in the militia because he is trying to make up for his insecurities. I mean with an asshole of a father who tells him to kiss his girlfriend to establish dominance, I can understand where he would get some problems. But understanding doesn't mean I have to like him. Furthermore, without Vincent who was a war veteran leading the militia, it's not a fighting force. Just a bunch of kids playing with sharp toys and not realizing that they are not prepared for what is coming.

Did I just write an entire essay to say "NO LIKE THIS"? Yes, I did. But it doesn't come from only a negative place. I genuinely enjoyed the changes early on but I am seeing more and more problems as this side of the project keeps getting more updates than the main story. Sure, they are still playing catch up but the difference is closing fast. Here is hoping that the main game doesn't get forgotten about because I promise you it is a much more rewarding experience. Thanks for reading.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
that leads to a friendship with Trevor and did I mention fuck that guy?
you're not the biggest fan of Trevor...
(because he isn't, but he's slow)
you sure are hammering it down.
But back to the douche of the hour. Fuck that guy. No seriously, I have hated this character since the first time I met him and that was even before I found out that he was dating my favorite girl.
your hate couldn't fall on a more deserving fellow!
But understanding doesn't mean I have to like him. Furthermore, without Vincent who was a war veteran leading the militia, it's not a fighting force. Just a bunch of kids playing with sharp toys and not realizing that they are not prepared for what is coming.
who knows? maybe trevor dies in what's coming.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Don't get my hopes up haha
either that or Trevor will become the antagonist when MC embraces his destiny, Trevor with his dark clothes and emo hair looks like a wannabe dark lord... how the eff did Nina think it was a good idea to date him?

you know what puzzles me? in your signature you have summer scent, so you seem to have good taste, but then your hate of Mia is too random to be understood

Oct 8, 2019
either that or Trevor will become the antagonist when MC embraces his destiny, Trevor with his dark clothes and emo hair looks like a wannabe dark lord... how the eff did Nina think it was a good idea to date him?

you know what puzzles me? in your signature you have summer scent, so you seem to have good taste, but then your hate of Mia is too random to be understood
Because she was so bland originally. I never warmed to her character. So when there was an out, I took it and I felt better helping a friend than myself.

As far as Nina and Trevor go, I'm betting that she thought that if she accepted his advances younger Alex would have pulled his head out of his ass and came for her. That or maybe the dude just had some good game. How many times has the wrong guy gotten the girl?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FunFuntomes

jtc

Jul 1, 2017
I wanted to be nice here but I cannot. This needs to stop and now. Why am I pissed? Because this remake is taking all of the player choices away. Let me back up.
Lol. I probably don't feel as strongly about this because I couldn't force myself to play the original (RPGM sucks) for more than 30 minutes, but yeah the game does seem to force certain events to you and your choices don't matter.

I don't like Mia, she's just unappealing and apparently there's nothing you can do about it so far. Hopefully we can avoid her in the future... and I hope it is done so that not hooking up with her doesn't simply mean we're missing some sex scenes, but so that it actually opens up possibilities with other girls.

Also, the first sex scene with Nova felt kinda anti-climatic after that build up, but maybe that's just me.

Still liking this game ofc, I'm glad it's getting made because RPGM just isn't for me.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
I didn't play the RPGM one. For me, Trevor was a nuisance in the beginning, but after the events in the flower quest I'm warming up to him. I want to push Nina to him and get things going with Nova, Mia, Evelyn, or Laura.

His father is a complete ass, with that I concur.

Oct 8, 2019
Lol. I probably don't feel as strongly about this because I couldn't force myself to play the original (RPGM sucks) for more than 30 minutes, but yeah the game does seem to force certain events to you and your choices don't matter.

I don't like Mia, she's just unappealing and apparently there's nothing you can do about it so far. Hopefully we can avoid her in the future... and I hope it is done so that not hooking up with her doesn't simply mean we're missing some sex scenes, but so that it actually opens up possibilities with other girls.

Also, the first sex scene with Nova felt kinda anti-climatic after that build up, but maybe that's just me.

Still liking this game ofc, I'm glad it's getting made because RPGM just isn't for me.
Well I agree that the Nova scene was a let down. It honestly felt more like a scene with Amanda from the original. But her character is still fun.

If you're opposed to the rpgm version because of the grind, then download a save editor and remove it entirely. You will still have to go through the story as it wants but I swear it's better 90% of the time.

Personally I'm not big on most RPGM games just because they all feel the same. However with "Farmer's Dreams" it is different. Alex doesn't get to win every fight against the monsters, hell he doesn't even get to fight them. All of the grinding to rebuild the farm, work around town, clear all of the brush and even hunt for crystals to heal Fairy, all of that just feels more rewarding.

And if that doesn't sell you then how about a mother and daughter threesome with anal that is never going to happen in this version because the characters aren't here? See my above comment about "fuck Darius" for explanations.

Reactions: jtc

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Well I agree that the Nova scene was a let down. It honestly felt more like a scene with Amanda from the original. But her character is still fun.
maybe it's because Nova wasn't really into it and felt like she had to reward the hero of the day.

Bruh that was my first "oh no". Sophie has too much attitude. But it was hilarious to see that Toby has Amanda's lines during the bar celebration. But also you forgot Heather :(
don't know who Heather is

4.00 star(s) 77 Votes