Oct 2, 2018
I know the female protagonist has practically no content but I still decided to play it, but damn but this game is extremely laggy the first time I've seen a visual novel in renpy work so badly.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I know the female protagonist has practically no content but I still decided to play it, but damn but this game is extremely laggy the first time I've seen a visual novel in renpy work so badly.
Well, it is not a visual novel, which is part of the problem (other parts are less known because some players do not have problems even though running the game on a rusty toaster while top-of-the-line machines fail).

In a visual novel you usually just have a small number of stats (like "love points with Griselda", "number of fights against bears" and so on), this game has tons of them interacting with each other, checking every new hour if some prerequisites are met and some events need to fire - which in more linear VNs just have to be checked at certain, well, checkpoints. Ren'Py just isn't made for that kind of gameplay.

Oct 2, 2018
Well, it is not a visual novel, which is part of the problem (other parts are less known because some players do not have problems even though running the game on a rusty toaster while top-of-the-line machines fail).

In a visual novel you usually just have a small number of stats (like "love points with Griselda", "number of fights against bears" and so on), this game has tons of them interacting with each other, checking every new hour if some prerequisites are met and some events need to fire - which in more linear VNs just have to be checked at certain, well, checkpoints. Ren'Py just isn't made for that kind of gameplay.
well yes it is a sandbox a little more complex for the interactions that the LI have with each other but I have played other sanboxes on renpy maybe not with so many interactions between Li but they all worked fine without any problems.

I also remember playing this last year (or before I do not remember well) and had a different interface and worked well without lag

either you guys are very lucky and this doesn't happen to you, or you really like the game and have a lot of patience because as I said, this is the first time I've seen a renpy game run so poorly I think the dev definitely needs to dedicate at least one update to optimization.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
well yes it is a sandbox a little more complex for the interactions that the LI have with each other but I have played other sanboxes on renpy maybe not with so many interactions between Li but they all worked fine without any problems.

I also remember playing this last year (or before I do not remember well) and had a different interface and worked well without lag

either you guys are very lucky and this doesn't happen to you, or you really like the game and have a lot of patience because as I said, this is the first time I've seen a renpy game run so poorly I think the dev definitely needs to dedicate at least one update to optimization.
He already did which seemed to alleviate the issue somewhat. And yes, I have (on an almost 10 year old off the shelf computer) no major lag. Sometimes a hiccup occurs but not even daily.

But indeed this is the game with the most stats to be checked (in Ren'Py) that I know of - there may be other worse examples I do not know - maybe "SuperPowered" has a similar size but they usually do not tick all at the same time - but it is more than a "little more" complex than even more complex VNs like "Being A Dick". It has to run dozens of checks every hour skipped and some of them with each movement, you usually do not have that in VNs.

Without looking at the code I think I can take a stab at some problems but if they indeed are there it may be way too late now to really get rid of them.

Deleted member 237822

Oct 8, 2017
Man... why is this game still having hiccups every couple seconds, it's driving me nuts and literally no one seems to have a fix for it... -_-
I managed to eliminate my lag by doing to things, they aren't necessarily feasible for everyone assuming even if the cause is the same. The fist thing I did was put the game on an internal hard drive (I have most of my games on an 8tb external drive) this made the game playable for me but still had alot of lag. Then just this week I was able to buy a new graphics card from a friend who was upgrading their setup, I had an R9 280x and got a 1080 ti this eliminated the lag but is also difficult for the average person to just do. If you have the means you might consider trying these. You probably don't need a 1080 ti that's just what my friend had.

Oct 2, 2018
He already did which seemed to alleviate the issue somewhat. And yes, I have (on an almost 10 year old off the shelf computer) no major lag. Sometimes a hiccup occurs but not even daily.

But indeed this is the game with the most stats to be checked (in Ren'Py) that I know of - there may be other worse examples I do not know - maybe "SuperPowered" has a similar size but they usually do not tick all at the same time - but it is more than a "little more" complex than even more complex VNs like "Being A Dick". It has to run dozens of checks every hour skipped and some of them with each movement, you usually do not have that in VNs.

Without looking at the code I think I can take a stab at some problems but if they indeed are there it may be way too late now to really get rid of them.
Uff if before it worked worse I don't want to imagine what it was like to play when it was like that.
for me the game has between 3 and 5 seconds of lag in recognizing the mouse on the "button" and another 2 seconds to recognize the "click", and sometimes it stays frozen when I change locations.

i play on a laptop with a i7-10870H and a rtx 2060, i always thought that most modern games would work for me, i never imagined that a game on renpy would not work properly.

well I will be back in a year hopefully the female mc will have more content (preferably lesbian) and hopefully it will also work better.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Uff if before it worked worse I don't want to imagine what it was like to play when it was like that.
for me the game has between 3 and 5 seconds of lag in recognizing the mouse on the "button" and another 2 seconds to recognize the "click", and sometimes it stays frozen when I change locations.

i play on a laptop with a i7-10870H and a rtx 2060, i always thought that most modern games would work for me, i never imagined that a game on renpy would not work properly.

well I will be back in a year hopefully the female mc will have more content (preferably lesbian) and hopefully it will also work better.
Okay, that's some seeeerious hiccups if happening regularily, way more than reported before. And I agree, that makes it unplayable by any means. By the way it wasn't worse back then (again, reading from other reports since I did not have problems). There was some lag, it was reduced, and then it crept back up again with the game becoming more complicated.

As I said, so far the troubles had nothing to do with PC specifications. They could happen on weak PCs or not, and they could happen on powerful PCs or not. It's more likely it is some resource management settings in the firmware, but nobody so far could point a finger to a point where the troubles are.

Referee

May 8, 2020
抱歉,发生了未捕获的异常。

运行游戏代码时:
<module> 中的文件“game/bg/secondfloor/secondfloor.rpy”,第 396 行
AttributeError: 'RevertableDict' 对象没有属性 'say'

-- 全追溯---------------------------------------- --------------

完整追溯:
文件“start.rpyc”,第 405 行,在脚本调用中
文件“cl/class_room.rpyc”,第 303 行,在脚本调用中
脚本调用中的文件“cl/class_activity.rpyc”,第 207 行
文件“bg/secondfloor/secondfloor.rpyc”,第 388 行,在脚本中
文件“renpy/ast.py”,第 923 行,在执行中
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
文件“renpy/python.py”,第 2235 行,在 py_exec_bytecode 中
exec(字节码,全局变量,本地变量)
<module> 中的文件“game/bg/secondfloor/secondfloor.rpy”,第 396 行
AttributeError: 'RevertableDict' 对象没有属性 'say'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
爱与性:二垒 21.9.1
2021 年 10 月 18 日星期一 07:20:15

TurkeyCannon

Sep 26, 2019
I haven't been paying attention for the last few updates, Did they ever get around to fixing the bugs with Bree's kink points? It used to be if you got her to 100% kink it would roll back around to zero or get suck at like 50% and because there were no more available points she would be stuck there
There was a similar issue with Ayesha which made it impossible to access the Taming Harem content.

blackmeow13

Mar 29, 2019
anyone knows how the cheat works now? it used to be simplely change every states of every NPC, now I don't really see how it works, can anyone tell me how? thanks :)

fjdu

Aug 12, 2019
hello so i got a save from someone else and they have do the boobs thing to Sasha so I was wondering if there was a way to get them back to normal

3.60 star(s) 285 Votes