Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I do also care more about the journey than the destination, but walking the same path twice just to get to the point where you made a mistake is a waste of time IMHO. If you like that, I agree. What makes a game interesting for you, pisses me off.
It is an individual question of the game we're talking about, I wouldn't do it in any other game. But here I enjoy what happens while walking the same path well enough, so it doesn't bother me. Just like I enjoy rewatching some movies or rereading some novels, while with others the experience of the watching/reading itself isn't that great, and even though it was enjoyable I wouldn't retreat my steps since I know how it turns out. Since in other games it is different for me as well, I do get your point. I just argue that this is a difference of taste, not an objective flaw of the game, so nothing that needs to be changed.

(c) This isn't real life. It's a game.
It wasn't meant as a justification of why it is done like that but more as a comparison to make clear how this game works. A different example would be games where you do not use all abilities at once immediately but first get a hang of how to manage units, then how to manage building, then how to manage economy, before doing the whole gamut. Yes, that comparison is also off, since in most games where that happens you are limited by the game itself which you aren't here.

But while we're at it: it is a game so it doesn't need to mirror real life, that is true, at the same time a certain amount of "real-life-ness" in games is appreciated - though how much and where specifically will depend on the person, the game, and possibly air humidity. So while "this is just in real life" on it's own is no compelling argument that something must be included, "it's a game" is no compelling argument why it must be different either.

Oct 31, 2017
Well. The game is designed in a way that you get a lot of girls at the same time, so of course I'm trying to level them all at the same time. That's what the game is designed for you to do.
I'm going to disagree here, as I'm one to argue that the game is designed to be replayed. It just allows you to chase multiple women, granting you less wiggle room for each additional one. While you may see that as bad design, you might be looking at it through the lens of a game where you're supposed to get everything in one run.

Oh, sure, this is rich coming from the nut who is Meta-ing the bejeezus out of their current run. But allow me to take a moment to explain my earlier reasoning for the "DON'T UNLOCK CASSIDY" rule of an Emma playthrough, as it will get my point across:

Am I suggesting to delay unlocking Cassidy because she hard-locks you out of Emma's content? No, because the actual correct move for an Emma run is to tell Cassidy to pack her bags and kick her out of the game. How so? Because keeping Cassidy around as a pet is a move that makes MC Mike the type of guy that Emma is not a fan of, as the shift in tone that going from lowly code monkey to entering a dick measuring contest against Dwayne (with enough murder, intrigue, and a power struggle that draw parallels to 1982's Conan the Barbarian*) would suggest.

Mechanically speaking, it makes sense for Cassidy to interfere in Emma's route, as it fits their characters. Plus this is how I get the impression that the game is designed from a replay mindset, because their are multiple playstyles available. It just so happens that Emma's route works best with a "Don't be a Horndog" method of play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this game is perfect as it is right now. Personally I think a new game could start off a bit quicker (particularly NG+ starts), and in general a playthrough's length feels way too long to properly motivate triggering an end scene & starting over again. How to do that while not butchering the current sandbox mechanics? Hell if I know, so I'll be quiet & content with what's on offer for now as it's still pretty good, if a bit rough around the edges.

Back to my point though, this game isn't one to be played from a "Gotta catch bang 'em all!" mentality. Instead I suggest to take your time, get your nose out of the wiki and pay attention to each girl's route individually. If you can do it that way, you might see that those surprise dead ends are a little more obvious than you would think, plus you're likely to enjoy the game a lot more.

[*Don't try to tell me that the phrase "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women" does not fit perfectly in that storyline.]

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
take your time, get your nose out of the wiki and pay attention to each girl's route individually. If you can do it that way, you might see that those surprise dead ends are a little more obvious than you would think
Thanks. That is one thing I wanted to write but forgot. Even though not always obvious ex ante (i. e. before you make all the decisions) the game ends are suitable for the game's storylines/characters. That is, you understand why you lost Hannah or Emma after the fact even if you didn't predict it before. Exception arguably Shiori, the whole "sir" stuff isn't obvious when you meet her and when you're doing it wrong you also won't be told why. But it is not one of those riddles where for whatever reason you're out because you ordered the same food as the girl. Or, in other games, a different one.

Oct 31, 2017
I have the required Yandere points for her and have had sex and dates with Ayesha. The wiki states that kissing Ayesha in front of her in the gym will also fulfill part of the requirements. For some reason I can't get Kylie to target Ayesha in the gym even with the requirements met for the stats.

I'm not really sure how to get the flag triggered to get Kylie to target Ayesha so the MC hears the fight in the gym bathroom to intervene.
Oops, got caught up in my wall of text and forgot to get back to you on this. I guess my follow up would be how much time are you letting pass by, if any? As I tend to trigger Kylie's jealousy event in the gym, it usually leads right into the shower fight that starts the harem (since I think Kylie's event uses up an hour.) Going off of memory here, so key words being "I think."

Other than that, I don't know what to say. I've never done the harem by switching Kylie's target before, mainly because Kylie being in an area is an instant noooooooope for me so I never give her a target to begin with. My typical plan is to 'friendzone' the first chance I get, as that gives enough points to get her sent to jail. The fact it also unlocks the harem is just a bonus I guess.

For future reference, I can tell you that Kylie seems to be okay with seeing tickles, caboose inspections (ie spankings), massages, and orders being given to other women. It's any talking, thumbs up, kissing, or headpats that earn her ire. At least in the current version, as that some of that might be unintentional.

Seriously, that 'no headpats' rule is just a deal-breaker for me...

Any help? I’m currently stuck with her progression.
Kind of noticing this one myself, and I'll ask what does the schedule on your phone's calendar say? Because I've noticed that if you miss out on that event, rather than resetting a week later it goes to a different day (I missed it twice so far, and saw it be on a Sunday, now Monday.) Not sure if I can still do that date on a weekday, but I'm guessing that's a bug to be fixed.

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
I'm going to disagree here, as I'm one to argue that the game is designed to be replayed.
Well. Replay to me is taking a different route. For most of the girl's I've lost so far, I would have to take more or less the same route until the point where I lose them. That's like playing a VN, which I find pretty boring. Going the same path twice is waste of time IMHO.

I have read the wiki, but there are so many pitfalls that it's impossible to remember them all and I'm not going to read the wiki before each decision nor am I going to save before each decision. That would take all the fun out of playing the game. Instead the game should have a warning that you will lose a girl if you make this decision or an option to restore a quest. That's all I'm asking for.

I like consequences in games, like if you come inside a girl without her permission, she wont have sex with you for a week or two or similar. But loosing half of your girls due to choices the developer think is wrong. That is WAY to harsh consequences.

Last edited:

CFeist

Jun 16, 2021
The scenes for them haven't been implemented yet. I mean, I got Harmony pregnant, no announcement from her, no conversation, no news that she gave birth. One day she was pregnant with the belly and the next she had lost weight and had a new kid.
Yeah, but we can manage to be pregnant forever, can't we?

KSEN2006

Apr 20, 2021
Apologies for not replying sooner, but one thing about Emma is that she actually doesn't mind if you've had sex with women before her. Hell, the way one of the events is written she's surprisingly pragmatic about it. Her concern is more about what (or rather who) you're doing as you're getting to know her.

Coincidentally, I was also mid-Emma run to try and pin down specific things to do (or rather, not do) in order to be judged a good boy by her and not have to constantly check the wiki/do mental calculations. While I did have to resort to calling upon the slumbering Chea'thulhu to tweak one thing as I was in a hurry, but I can say my plan ended in success.

(In my defense, apparently you can't have a picnic in the park during the first week of winter because of some, inexplicable reason programmed into the game. My argument to that is because of a) the general attire of park goers on that day and b) my eyes were not poked out by any extremely erect nipples means that it was not cold enough to prevent a relaxing picnic. So I'm sticking to my guns on the fact I shouldn't have had to skip forward a month to do that event.)

Now while people would probably a nice guide to Emma, I do think that the way to avoid the major deal breakers would be as follows:
  1. Don't sleep with Bree.
  2. Slow down on Sam after she gets married.
  3. No official girlfriends/slaves.
  4. DON'T UNLOCK CASSIDY.

While I am able to go a little more in depth into each of those, unfortunately the first draft is a bit nuts, even by my standards. Maybe after a nap and a proofread I can get something out of it.
All I have to say is
1. Don't have sex or sleep with Bree.
2. Don't unlock Cassidy (impossible because of office activities)
3. Don't have a girlfriend or a slave.
4. Slowing down Sam's activities (Impossible for some reason)
Is this what you said? And it can have sex with someone other than Bree, right?

KSEN2006

Apr 20, 2021
Does anyone have a safe that clears Emma's story and can I have one please? Other stories are fine, just Emma's story.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
If you want to date Emma, you need to protect your virginity, at least until AFTER the picnic date.

Oct 31, 2017
All I have to say is
1. Don't have sex or sleep with Bree.
2. Don't unlock Cassidy (impossible because of office activities)
3. Don't have a girlfriend or a slave.
4. Slowing down Sam's activities (Impossible for some reason)
Is this what you said? And it can have sex with someone other than Bree, right?
Ah, so it's too late for steps 2 & 4? Not ideal to be honest, but hopefully not impossible either. There's a good chance you'll have to make a choice though, so let met go into detail:

Samantha - I would say it really depends on where you are with Sam at the moment. If she's still married to whatshisface when she introduces you to Emma, you should be fine. If Sam's left him and introduces you as her Boyfriend though, you're in trouble. While there is some damage control that can be done, I think that you've got to make a choice between Sam & Emma, as I believe you can't have both by this point. There should be an even where you choose, so hope isn't lost just yet.

Cassidy - This one's more problematic. And because I feel I've been much too serious today, here's a bit of that first draft I mentioned with my thoughts on why (spoilered as it's a bit, well, o_O )
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So if Cassidy is your pet, that's a problem. While I can joke that the Friendzone/Breakup button is practically made for Emma's route, the issue here is that Cass didn't get the memo and hasn't installed that button on her panel. On the plus side, you can ignore #3 and get all the GFs/Slaves you want because it's a moot point now. But things have to be perfect now, so new rules:

1 - Definitely don't sleep with Bree now. While there's some wiggle room depending on stats and such, you've got no more chances now so play it safe. No Funny Business!

2 (previously optional #5) - "Boys kissing Boys is HAWT." Let's face it, Emma's a weeb. This is damn well her opinion on the subject. Keep this in mind, and you're sure to get points in her book ;)

If you get those two right, Emma should judge you worthy in the end. So congratulations, you've moved on to the next set of hoops to jump through! Hooray!

If you want to date Emma, you need to protect your virginity, at least until AFTER the picnic date.
If we're talking protecting Mike's virginity, I feel the Bard said it best: "I hate to break it to you, but that ship has sailed, wrecked and sunk to the bottom of the ocean."

But no, Emma's okay with you having sex with other women. She starts to take issue when official relationships are involved.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
I like consequences in games, like if you come inside a girl without her permission, she wont have sex with you for a week or two or similar. But loosing half of your girls due to choices the developer think is wrong. That is WAY to harsh consequences.
I understand that there's a language barrier at play here, but I think that you and I have somewhat different definitions of the word "consequences," as I would consider your example to be a time-out at best. I'm also guessing we play very different games.

As for the rest? I think I've said way too many words today, so I'll just say that I can see that we are going to be agreeing to disagree in the end. Because I don't think you've really thought what you're asking for through. So here's a little thought experiment for you on getting warned for the Samantha/Emma bit you ran into: When?

No, really, when should that have popped up? Think about how the game works, go through the wiki and double check the route you took, and then figure when you should have been warned about a future skill/stat check mixed with a dose of rng.

I've thought about it at least, and I hope you come up with a better solution. Because the only way I see it working ends up removing a lot of this game's charm.

Reactions: Cartageno

Ricardo100

Sep 12, 2018
I got promoted 3 times, then Alexis called and I accepted to go on a date...but since then nothing happened. How togo on the first date with Alexis?

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
Kind of noticing this one myself, and I'll ask what does the schedule on your phone's calendar say? Because I've noticed that if you miss out on that event, rather than resetting a week later it goes to a different day (I missed it twice so far, and saw it be on a Sunday, now Monday.) Not sure if I can still do that date on a weekday, but I'm guessing that's a bug to be fixed.
I was having the same issues with the scheduling until I turned off the randomness. Now I can check the wiki to see the exact schedule of each girl and adust when I check the locations or set up dates.

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
Because I don't think you've really thought what you're asking for through. So here's a little thought experiment for you on getting warned for the Samantha/Emma bit you ran into: When?
That's an easy one. The warning should come before each decision that will make you lose a girl or turn a girl into permanently friendship only. So if there are multiple decision that can end a quest line or turn are girl into friend only the warning should come before each one. It's not that hard.

I think the biggest difference between you and I is that you don't want the warning or options to restore a quest line and therefore drums up arguments against it, where as I want the warning and options. Create them as cheat options or whatever. I don't care as long as I don't have to start from scratch every time I mess up.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
So if there are multiple decision that can end a quest line or turn are girl into friend only the warning should come before each one.
If you add warnings for everything it makes no sense to add consequences at all (because why would someone choose the bad option?)

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
If you add warnings for everything it makes no sense to add consequences at all (because why would someone choose the bad option?)
As I wrote. Create the warnings or restore options as a cheat options. This way you don't have to see them if you don't want to. Then we both get what we want.
Beside that. Please don't twist what I wrote. I never asked for warnings for everything. I asked for warnings when you are about to make a decision that will end a quest line or turn a girl into a permanent friend. Based on what has been written here so far, there is maybe 30 decisions like that out of over 1000 decisions. That is hardly close to everything.

3.60 star(s) 286 Votes